Illusion Symbols

Illusion Symbols

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

So I’m playing build which relys heavily on phantasms and its working really good ’n all but i noticed one thing that keeps annoying me: the symbols for your active illusions. As we all know, your active illusions are only displayed through the pink dots above your shatter skills.

Now my problem with this is: depending on the situation i find it really hard to even almost impossible to keep track of the illusion you actually have up atm. I’m talking about really intense group pvp battles (were you simple dont have the time to be looking around for your illusions) or world bosses/meta events (were you cant even figure out where or what your illusions are in that gigantic mass of players) for example.

So my idea to change this would be: leave the clones as the normal pink dots but put a symbol (probably the weapon the phantasm is wielding) into the dot for the phantasms.

Any suggestions to improve this idea? Let me know!

Illusion Symbols

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Keeping track of 3 things is hard

Illusion Symbols

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

We should have 3 colors really because of chronophantasma (for the sake of the discussion lets say its Pink, Orange and Green).

Pink for clones

Orange for a phantasm that will be destroyed when you shatter it

Green for a phantasm that you can shatter and have it come back dazed (only if running chronophantasma)

This would alleviate a lot of the problems of keeping track of your illusions and shatter potential without crippling your dps

Illusion Symbols

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Great idea, didnt think of the chronophantasms. Yea, giving them something special to highlight them would be nice. I dont think that it should be done through different colors or something similar though, as i think it would look kinda strange. Maybe just a little detail, like putting a butterfly somewhere in the symbol or idk.

Illusion Symbols

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Or perhaps changing the symbol to a butterfly? Either way I think that at least phantasms and clones should be different colors. Especially during a larger fight I shouldn’t have to hunt through the screen for my illusions to see which ones are still alive, I should be able to tell immediately by those symbols