Illusionary reversion and shatter spam

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

How about you increase the number of illusions required to 3? This would make it much more skillful too and it would reduce the current kittened condishatter spam mesmer has. Most mesmers like shatter spam, but I absolutely pity them for having to rely on something so braindead to even stay in meta. When I played mesmer, it used to be definiton of skill. Now it is spam.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

How about you increase the number of illusions required to 3? This would make it much more skillful too and it would reduce the current kittened condishatter spam mesmer has. Most mesmers like shatter spam, but I absolutely pity them for having to rely on something so braindead to even stay in meta. When I played mesmer, it used to be definiton of skill. Now it is spam.

Because the most skillful of player can’t use any other build to enter the meta. Let’s just nerf condition shatter because it has been gutted already. Then all those skilled mesmers can not be in the meta!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

When I played mesmer, it used to be definiton of skill. Now it is spam.

What you actually mean is, when you played mesmer it was the definition of garbage. Now it’s actually competitive, but since people always complain about mesmer it’s now “OMG SO OP”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

What you actually mean is, when you played mesmer it was the definition of garbage. Now it’s actually competitive, but since people always complain about mesmer it’s now “OMG SO OP”.

No, I think what he means is, a few years back you had to think a bit when it came to playing against different builds on different classes. Now due to power creep, everything is a quick speed up of button mashing, and killing the other guy before he murders you.

Gameplay in general is a bit too forgiving now and pays off more to those players with less experience. Traits which over accommodate for players (such as the ones that prock at 25% HP and provide immunity), support less thinking and diminish the use of reaction time.

The pay off for players who are able to successfully play berserker builds or “high risk” builds simply isn’t incentivized anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I do not like the shatter spam build, so much that I stopped playing mesmer (my main) except for occasionally some fun with berserker power shatter. Yet what you suggest is not a good idea I think. Having 3 illusions when shattering is not skill, it’s luck. Illusions die at the first cleave, so you pretty much cannot be sure that in the split second you need to click on the shatter your illusion count will remain.

I already disliked the requirement for 2 and preferred the iCD idea, but 3 is just too difficult to guarantee regardless of your skill.

If we really really need to nerf the condi application of mesmer there are better ways to do it (for example: switch the confusion and torment only on F1 and F2 instead of all shatters, with a corresponding buff to the number of stacks, this way it is again about landing a few important shatters and not rolling through your keyboard).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

No, I think what he means is, a few years back you had to think a bit when it came to playing against different builds on different classes. Now due to power creep, everything is a quick speed up of button mashing, and killing the other guy before he murders you.

Gameplay in general is a bit too forgiving now and pays off more to those players with less experience. Traits which over accommodate for players (such as the ones that prock at 25% HP and provide immunity), support less thinking and diminish the use of reaction time.

The pay off for players who are able to successfully play berserker builds or “high risk” builds simply isn’t incentivized anymore.

Those are some awfully rosey glasses you’ve got on there.

Has there been power creep? Yes. Has it affected how the meta plays in any way at all? Lol no. Back then people still went for the highest reward:risk builds, and those were still the meta just as they are now. The only difference is that back then mesmer had no high reward:risk builds, and was absolute garbage. You get people reminiscing about the “good old days when mesmer took skill”.

No, mesmer has always taken skill. The difference is that back then being extremely skilled on the mesmer meant you were still garbage compared to a moderately skilled person playing cele ele, and now being extremely skilled on the mesmer means you can actually trash people.

So don’t give me this ‘oh everything is so easy and back then it was so much better’ crap. Back then it was exactly the same. We had the exact same complaints, the exact same moaning, and the exact same nerf calls for mesmer, so don’t you dare think for one instant that if mesmer gets nerfed into the ground ANY of this will change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Fay is right.

I know how some people loathe to hear that XD

Truth hurts sometimes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I main Thief and right now due to the cancer prevalent throughout all classes Mesmers are all that bad yes they could use minor tweaks but gutting two very competitive traits would be bad form. I’m just glad we are out of the bunker Mesmer meta that was horrible at least now I have a chance of killing Mesmers again

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

No. Chrono is fine, it already suffered substantial nerfs and is relatively fair (I still don’t think the alacrity nerf was justified)

Viability and strength comes from synergy of one spec.

I also don’t understand why people think mesmers should not be able to readily spike unlike every other class in the game.

IF your issues are with condi, deal with the context revolving around condi specific attributes and leave chrono alone.

“But Chrono is OP cuz every mes takes it!” This is only the case since base mes was poorly designed with restrictive mechanics compared to others.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

When I played mesmer

False

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

3 illusions is ridiculous – it’s perfectly fine with 2.

Shatter spam is due to a combination of many factors – but on it’s own Illusionary Reversion is not a problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

All of this QQing about Condie Shatter seems to forget that the reason we are here is:

1) Power Shatter was nerfed out of the meta

2) Bunker was nerfed out of the meta

So obviously the correct thing to do now is also nerf Condi Shatter out of the meta too! lol! So next season Mesmers get to do nothing but Moa & Portal…oh wait! No! The cry babies want to nerf those too!

Tell you what, I think we should just delete Mesmers and let y’all get on with your skillful selves playing this game like the pros you know you are.

Sometimes I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at my fellow gamers on these forums. Last season it was all that QQing about Bunker Mesmers, how it was cancer, how it was ruining the game, “wah, cry, mommy help!”

So mommy helped. And no she didn’t fix broken parts of the class to make another build type more viable, she just destroyed yet another build option entirely. So why do we even have trait lines in this game, if clearly the games’ players can’t handle having more than 1 viable build per profession?

Now it’s “WAH! WAH! MOMMY!” again… sigh

“No mommy I don’t want to change my preferred professions build to counter Condie Mesmers, I would just rather cry about it and have mommy fix the world for me so I can feel warm and cozy pressing 111111 for teh winz on muh tief!”

/vomit

in Mesmer

Posted by: melandru.3876

melandru.3876

All of this QQing about Condie Shatter seems to forget that the reason we are here is:

1) Power Shatter was nerfed out of the meta

2) Bunker was nerfed out of the meta

So obviously the correct thing to do now is also nerf Condi Shatter out of the meta too! lol! So next season Mesmers get to do nothing but Moa & Portal…oh wait! No! The cry babies want to nerf those too!

Tell you what, I think we should just delete Mesmers and let y’all get on with your skillful selves playing this game like the pros you know you are.

Sometimes I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at my fellow gamers on these forums. Last season it was all that QQing about Bunker Mesmers, how it was cancer, how it was ruining the game, “wah, cry, mommy help!”

So mommy helped. And no she didn’t fix broken parts of the class to make another build type more viable, she just destroyed yet another build option entirely. So why do we even have trait lines in this game, if clearly the games’ players can’t handle having more than 1 viable build per profession?

Now it’s “WAH! WAH! MOMMY!” again… sigh

“No mommy I don’t want to change my preferred professions build to counter Condie Mesmers, I would just rather cry about it and have mommy fix the world for me so I can feel warm and cozy pressing 111111 for teh winz on muh tief!”

/vomit

+1

-nerf mtd to only apply 1 stack of torment per 2 clones§self included)
-nerf illusionary retribution to only apply 1 stack of confusion per 2 clones (self included)
-nerf f5 and make it the elite skill to randomly use either time warp or moa(engi style elite)
-nerf shield 4 to only apply 1 i avenger and no defender from mental defense
-nerf master of misdirection, remove the shatter cooldown (no more shatter spam)
-nerf illusionists celerity (alacrity + clone % recharge is not allowed together)
-nerf the blur effect from sword 2
-nerf time marches on, remove the 25% movement from it
-nerf time catches on, switch the superspeed with swiftness
-nerf restorative illusions, remove the condi cleanse or put a 10 sec icd
-nerf menders purity, increase cooldown to 15 sec and reduce conditions removed by 1
-nerf healing prism, remove the bonus healing power
-nerf signet of illusions. it refreshes a random shatter instead of all. also reduce illusion health bonus by half
-nerf portal. increase cooldown by 10 seconds and reduce portal active time by 5 seconds

now dear anet, listen to all these. completly destroy the class and i’m pretty sure, that when some random tool dares to use a mesmer in pvp, and he actually does decent that the next “balance proposals” will arrive shortly