Illusions Too Squishy for New Boss Changes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

As a mesmer who utilizes illusions (like to keep three up at almost all times) to put out lots of damage, I’m finding they are often getting killed by the AoEs of the improved world bosses faster then I can weapon swap and summon three of them up. I understand they are not meant to be all that sturdy but I feel they are just a bit too squishy now given the changes. Does anyone else feel like this is a problem?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I assume you’re talking phantasms. Are you using signet of illusions and the 20% hp trait in inspiration? Are you talking the normal world bosses or tequatl?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

almost makes one envy the warrior to have no pets you’re depending on for dps…

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

My bad. I refer to them as illusions and clones but I did mean Phantasms. I am talking about the other fights like Shatterer, Golem Mark II, and even the Fire Elemental. I have not tried either of those two. Before they were not necessary but perhaps now they are. My build doesn’t have room for the trait at the moment but I will look at a possible revision. The Signet seemed only half useful when the active ability is a shatter recharge and I don’t often want to shatter my phantasms.

The thing is, before the recent changes, I had no problems creating three phantasms and replacing them as needed. It was kinda rare that they would all be taken out at the same time, forcing me to start over. Now the AoEs cover more areas, do more damage, and the events spawn more mobs and I’m struggling to even create and maintain three phantasms before they get killed, which lowers my outgoing damage considerably.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Shatter and Golem Mark II it is no problem keeping iDuelists up. For Teq, it was suggested in these forms to put 3 iWardens on his head and they shouldn’t die but I haven’t tried it yet myself.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

On Golem, phantasms ignore the static field. All other damage they outheal with their own regeneration boon. I usually set up 3 iDuelists and go afk somewhere on the side.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I noticed that on Golem, too. Seems the devs are starting to work on PvE pet survivability in earnest now .

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

I noticed that on Golem, too. Seems the devs are starting to work on PvE pet survivability in earnest now .

Tell that to my Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Phantasms may still die on Golem Mark II but I think it is more due his knockback. In any case, they stay up for quite a while usually.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Welcome to the world of WvW/ZvZ mesmers…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

What? Not even Tequatl. I mean, if you are facing tequatl as mesmer, you’re gonna def the cannons anyway until his stun for melee and tw.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”