Illusions proccing armour runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’ve observed a strange bug that I think I’ve figured out; and it has some odd implications that maybe some wiser minds than mine can figure out how to utilise

It’s well known that your armour runes do NOT normally apply to phantasms and stuff, I mean if you’re wearing 6 runes of air, you’ll never have a phantasm zap an attacker with it.

However

Recently I bought khilbron’s armour set (Rabid gear), by default it comes with 6 runes of the lich which creates a minion on hit at random. But I replaced the runes with a set of my own to suit my needs; since then however, I keep getting bone minions popping up, it took me a while to figure out but I realised that the minions are spawning when my illusions are attacking

On closer inspection, it appears that my illusions are receiving the set bonuses for the lich runes that come in the default version of the armour! (Even more interestingly, the cooldown appears to be linked to the illusion, as I’ve seen minions spawn repeatedly in quick succession, despite the 60s cd)

More than likely a bug rather than intended feature, but if using stock armour sets like khilbrons can confer bonuses to illusions, then some interesting possibilities arise… it also makes me wonder whether stock weapons that come fitted with runes might also proc effects on clones

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

While it is interesting indeed, it is clearly not intended and is a clear exploit if abused.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Yeah, I’d toss this over to the bug reports forums.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Cease all actions thus concerning this matter. ArenaNet is very ban-happy and all they need is a reason. Don’t give them one.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Cease all actions thus concerning this matter. ArenaNet is very ban-happy and all they need is a reason. Don’t give them one.

That is if they ruin the economy. An action like this will not ruin the economy (nor did using Runes of the Noble to spawn an ungodly amount of Drakehounds).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

That is if they ruin the economy. An action like this will not ruin the economy (nor did using Runes of the Noble to spawn an ungodly amount of Drakehounds).

Incorrect. My friend was banned for botting when he’s never botted a day in his life (he just so happened to be near bots often during his node runs in Malchor’s Leap). He appealed it all the way up the chain to no avail. It took six months for ArenaNet to say “sorry we ****ed up” and unban his account (which is really just a slap in the face because I bought him a new account that he’s put way more work into than into his original account; make that a double slap in the face since his original Guild Wars account is tied to said first Guild Wars 2 account).

The moral of the story is: If ArenaNet can use it as a reason to ban you, steer the kitten clear of it because they will.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Incorrect. My friend was banned for botting when he’s never botted a day in his life (he just so happened to be near bots often during his node runs in Malchor’s Leap). He appealed it all the way up the chain to no avail. It took six months for ArenaNet to say “sorry we ****ed up” and unban his account (which is really just a slap in the face because I bought him a new account that he’s put way more work into than into his original account; make that a double slap in the face since his original Guild Wars account is tied to said first Guild Wars 2 account).

The moral of the story is: If ArenaNet can use it as a reason to ban you, steer the kitten clear of it because they will.

If I was your friend, I would demand compensation. A nice 200% magic find and gold increase for every day the account was banned would work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

It’s true, I hit a mesmer’s phantasms who was running Rune of the Air, I got hit for 4k just hitting the phantasm Q.Q

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

It’s true, I hit a mesmer’s phantasms who was running Rune of the Air, I got hit for 4k just hitting the phantasm Q.Q

That seems unlikely, or least if it did happen it must be for another reason. There are no stock light armour sets that have runes of air on them far as I can tell.

There are some other situations that can cause you to get hit by the lightning effect, not least sigils of air.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

That seems unlikely, or least if it did happen it must be for another reason. There are no stock light armour sets that have runes of air on them far as I can tell.

There are some other situations that can cause you to get hit by the lightning effect, not least sigils of air.

Lemme rephrase what I said, I don’t think it was clear. I was fighting a mesmer who was using 6x Superior Rune of the Air. I hit one of his phantasms, and it procc’d the lightning strike, (6): 20% chance to gain Lightning Strike when hit. (Cooldown: 10s). Not entirely similar to the lich situation but, I thought this might be a bug too..

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

(edited by Archer.1658)

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Banhammers incoming.

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

Banhammers incoming.

Meh. I’d like clarification from a dev first

General consensus is that clones don’t benefit from runes, but my discovery indicates that clones can benefit from runes; the reason they don’t normally is because the clones look at the reference version of the armour, not the actual version the user is wearing – NOT because they have runes disabled on them.

There’s nothing in the literature that formally says that clones shouldn’t benefit from runes, indeed the lack of benefiting from runes is often listed as a known bug.

If clones are delibratly not meant to benefit (And the reliance on the base armour reference is just a sloppy coding workaround to ensure that instead of actually disabling runes on clones) and this is considered an exploit then they only need say and I’ll remove the post. Otherwise this is just another workaround to mesmer’s many, many bugs.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

I’m not even sure if all of you are just trolling or genuinely just became aware of this.

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

I’m not even sure if all of you are just trolling or genuinely just became aware of this.

Well, I’ve only just become aware of it and posted what I’d discovered. I would be surprised if I was the first to have noticed it however; there’s a hell of a lot of mesmers out there.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Anyone who didn’t feel it was necessary to shell out exorbitantly high prices for the Khilbron’s et al armor sets would have never noticed this occurrence, including myself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Explains why I see minions pop all the time and have no idea why lol.

And my friends use to laugh and say you noob, it’s not yours. It’s someone else’s ._.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I have a full set of CoE armor that has had the runes of Golem replaced with runes of Air.

I still get the Golem proc fairly often though he seems to do no damage and is just visual. He also despawns much faster than the Runes of Golem should.

Meh, doesn’t really do anything, but yeah it’s some weird bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Lol finally I had a khilbron set way back when they first popped on TP. I have different runes in them since I replaced them. I noticed this too I would always get jagged horrors occasionally and never figured out why till this day. I tried to reproduce it by letting myself get hit never thought it was spawning from phantasms.

Not anything we can do about it except not wear khilbron but this bug has been around for a long time.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I’m going to have to check my gear did not have runes on before I messed with it.
Wouldn’t want anet to ban me for haxing.