Ineptitude + Sword 2?

Ineptitude + Sword 2?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I was testing out a zerg condi build in a raid last night and although the trait description is pretty clear, I’m not sure if this is working.

The idea was to hop into a zerg or a bunch of red circles, hit sword two to evade everything, and therefore blind/confuse a huge group. I would often jump in and do just that, but I didn’t see very many purple tooltips telling me I was dealing condi damage to everyone. Do the sword evades not count for this trait? Has anyone playtested this?

I’m considering swapping the Sword/Torch for Greatsword anyway so I can take advantage of the interrupt for Mistrust and my Perplexity runes, but I wanted to check on this first.

It seems like a very fun concept to me, but if it is bugged I don’t want to waste my time.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Ineptitude + Sword 2?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Quick test in PvP shows that ineptitude does at least nominally function with blurred frenzy.

Ineptitude + Sword 2?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Quick test in PvP shows that ineptitude does at least nominally function with blurred frenzy.

Awesome, thanks Pyro. Could be that it has a cap on the number of players it can effect. I’ll have to test some more to find out.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Ineptitude + Sword 2?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

The trait does have an ICD, maybe it’s applied to the trait as a whole rather than per-target?

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Ineptitude + Sword 2?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The trait does have an ICD, maybe it’s applied to the trait as a whole rather than per-target?

A quick test in PvP can tell that that is not the case, at least up to 2 targets.