Insp Signet + Temporal Curtain = frustration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Robert Gee on Ready Up #35:

The passive of this skill now gives 5 seconds of Swiftness… This was gonna be 10 seconds… I assure you all WvW mesmers, I have tried this with no boon duration, and if you run this with your… ohm… ehh… focus, focus 4, you can basically have constant Swiftness, you’ll be fine… We wanted you to have some investment, you should have to invest in boon duration if you want that to be permanent, or at least the focus skill, we wanted there to be some play with it, ‘cause if you get permanent Swiftness all the time, there’s no play to that.

So… How about fixing non-stacking swiftness on Focus?

Because currently what you get is this:

• get 5 seconds of Swiftness
  • cast Temporal Curtain
  • run through it with 0.1 seconds of Swiftness left
  • get no swiftness for the next 5 seconds, lose 12 potential seconds of swiftness, get your Temporal Curtain on 25 sec cooldown for no reason

No, I do not agree that timing my mobility skills which puts me in combat if any random animal walks through it to the moment when I have no Swiftness is what should be called “investment”. I also do not think that this signet will be used anywhere else than in PvE, – a solo WvW roamer has little reason to take a signet that copies boons to allies, a WvW zerger gets permanent swiftness from guardians, and a PvPer is already short of utility slots for all the crucial skills.

mirror on reddit

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Haha, glad im not the only one annoyed by this “incompability”.
Laying down Temporal Curtain and just before I cross it Signet procs Swiftness = Useless curtain.

So yeah, totally agree.
Please fix the Curtain to provide swiftness once (to prevent infinite stacking) regardless you have swiftness boon on you already or not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darkpsyde.4782

Darkpsyde.4782

I said it before when people were all hype about the swiftness boon that a flat 25% movement speed increase would be better overall since it cannot be removed or corrupted and boon duration would be an issue. With the current 50% uptime on swiftness for the signet passive you would need about 50% boon duration to increase your swiftness uptime to 75% which would approximately match the 25% flat rate. In its current form the signet only boosts movement speed by about 16-17% because of the downtime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

How about we simply try the engineer-tactics?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/RIP-perma-swiftness/first

“Yo anet, this signet doesn’t provide perma swiftness. Fix, please?”

Yes? No? Aight. At least give us TC stacking, then.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Even without stacking, changing Temporal Curtain to overwrite your swiftness if you have less than the amount it would give you would make it quite a bit easier to use. No more “Well, you had 1.5 seconds left, so obviously you don’t need more swiftness” thing.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com