Interrupt Chronomancer? [pvp]

in Mesmer

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

I remember having a lot of fun playing an interrupt mesmer way back when. Is some kind of interrupt / lockdown chronomancer a thing? I’d really love to try something like that out but have no idea how I should go about it. Any suggestions on a build or setup would be appreciated!

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont know if it can be a thing as most class have more stability and much breakstun (rev, ranger, mes, ele, necro) than before
so in pvp i wouldnt build all around interupt only.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Well, I have a build that is pretty fun to play for interrupt. You can swap around weapons and go for staff if you wish, but I like to play very aggressively so I run GS. Just be aware that you dont have a lot of opportunity for condi cleanse outside of other rune choices or swapping decoy and that other classes are pretty broken atm. However, you can overcome the lack of balance if you are good with interrupting because landing chain interrupts with CI feels OP.

Enjoy: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8enknBlph1oBOqBEgilTjycH2mbgMAWggqOav2tF-TpxHABXXGIgDCArXAgvfAAas/AAHBAA

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Well, I have a build that is pretty fun to play for interrupt. You can swap around weapons and go for staff if you wish, but I like to play very aggressively so I run GS. Just be aware that you dont have a lot of opportunity for condi cleanse outside of other rune choices or swapping decoy and that other classes are pretty broken atm. However, you can overcome the lack of balance if you are good with interrupting because landing chain interrupts with CI feels OP.

Enjoy: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8enknBlph1oBOqBEgilTjycH2mbgMAWggqOav2tF-TpxHABXXGIgDCArXAgvfAAas/AAHBAA

Or slight variations!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8ensnBlph1oBOqBEgilTjycH2mbgMAWglrOar2tF-T5QaABidRAwc/BAKDAA

in Mesmer

Posted by: Corrupt.4930

Corrupt.4930

Not sure about them sigil choices Rylock..

Reallism

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I haven’t been able to put much time into the leagues so far, but this is what I’ve been tweaking since HOT. I guess you could call it the Chrono version of my Echo-Rupt. Just haven’t figured out a catchy name for it, yet.

I’ll usually switch between GS & Staff depending upon what the other teams composition is or what I feel like playing at the moment. Same with Gravity Well/Time Warp. I’ll even switch shield for offhand pistol for a round or two just for some variety.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8elknhy0YNawINQtGLnGFZAsABV5I0cJQd0mtbLA-TpBFABiXGghHAQbHBg73fYhDCAAXAAA

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I actually forgot to swap them lol. For gs I use impact and air, and sword is generosity and energy. I was testing superior sigil of agility for a time but I decided I like air better. Also, I think I would like to try leadership runes sometime just to see how good they are. Thanks for reminding me!

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I actually forgot to swap them lol. For gs I use impact and air, and sword is generosity and energy. I was testing superior sigil of agility for a time but I decided I like air better. Also, I think I would like to try leadership runes sometime just to see how good they are. Thanks for reminding me!

I was assaulting far and an enemy druid came to contend. He got me with a trap and stacked up some condi’s, including about 25 minutes of 7 stacks of poison. He died and two of the conditions cleared, but the poison was still destroying me. Fortuntely I had Leadership runes, popped a gravity well under shift, and cleansed that kitten before it killed me XD.

Considering the minor stat difference (to power) between it and Pack, it’s well worth it.

I wanted to run it on my Berserker too, so it’d clear blinds when I used headbutt. But the cleanse takes a second meaning the headbutt would hit/miss before the cleanse -_-u. Would be worth it to cleanse weakness though. Either way, solid rune.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I was assaulting far and an enemy druid came to contend. He got me with a trap and stacked up some condi’s, including about 25 minutes of 7 stacks of poison. He died and two of the conditions cleared, but the poison was still destroying me. Fortuntely I had Leadership runes, popped a gravity well under shift, and cleansed that kitten before it killed me XD.

Considering the minor stat difference (to power) between it and Pack, it’s well worth it.

I wanted to run it on my Berserker too, so it’d clear blinds when I used headbutt. But the cleanse takes a second meaning the headbutt would hit/miss before the cleanse -_-u. Would be worth it to cleanse weakness though. Either way, solid rune.

I think the issue for me would be that I use gravity well as soon as I can with f5 so I probably wouldnt get the condi cleanse very often. Just a playstyle change I suppose

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I think the issue for me would be that I use gravity well as soon as I can with f5 so I probably wouldnt get the condi cleanse very often. Just a playstyle change I suppose

It’s still better than you think since you’re going to be in a team fight situation quite often, and you’ll still be cleansing something off someone.

Also since the internal is kitten , after that initial engage you might find yourself in a better position to use it with intention. My example was convenience. I’d beat the druid without the use of Gwell, and found I had a dramatic need for the cleanse and it was available.

in Mesmer

Corrupt.4930

Np, Yea I run leadership on my boon duration spec, works wonders especially if you’re a fan of double gravity wells.
Still think blood/fire over impact would be better for a GS though due to the constant AA spam etc whereas impact on a skullcrack warr for instance would be better overall imo.

Reallism

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rave.2986

Rave.2986

Has anyone tried the new Sigil of Draining? Or any of the new “on interrupt” sigils?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Draining

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Np, Yea I run leadership on my boon duration spec, works wonders especially if you’re a fan of double gravity wells.
Still think blood/fire over impact would be better for a GS though due to the constant AA spam etc whereas impact on a skullcrack warr for instance would be better overall imo.

I know my friend did some math and told me that impact is better if your burst is above 10k. If I play with zerk ammy, a 2 clone mind wrack with mirror blade and mind stab can easily do above that number, so I thought that it did more damage than blood, especially with chrono having so many stuns.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Corrupt.4930

I know my friend did some math and told me that impact is better if your burst is above 10k. If I play with zerk ammy, a 2 clone mind wrack with mirror blade and mind stab can easily do above that number, so I thought that it did more damage than blood, especially with chrono having so many stuns.

Yea the math might work out more but you have to factor in the current meta and actual practicality and how much stab is really out there, revs getting it on successful evasion, reapers on entering DS, scrappers as well etc etc, Unless you’re running Dom and consistently boon stripping, might be tricky without DE, But like I said, Just my opinion .

Reallism

(edited by Corrupt.4930)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matt Hax.8927

Matt Hax.8927

I lovethe shatter interruption build and I find it really effective vs bunker mesmers.
with that build I can easily kill bunker mesmers, or at least every bunker mesmer that I met had no way to kill me cause they lack dmg
And really this bunker build it’s so boooooring!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I think the non-chrono interupt build works just fine still. As long as the enemy team isn’t full braindead bunkermeta passiv procs.