Interrupts Build VoD Zerker/Condi remove

in Mesmer

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Try it, test it let me know

The interrupts Stunner build I made 2 versions on b4 this patch is now pretty nice.

Ive made a video below:
Full Zerk – less survivable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ1073sNe_0

2 Mantras with Condi Cleanse & Survivability – Thanks to help from Frostball!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqpHFpTtCs

Let me know your thoughts on improvements and viability, but it feels pretty nice at least in 1v1/2v2 situations. 2nd Build is more team fight tested first is pretty tough, but if you can survive well youre golden

Will update with a build only when I can

Jebro

(edited by jebro.6370)

in Mesmer

Posted by: IceTwenty.6957

IceTwenty.6957

I was attempting a similar build – basically the only difference was that I took Harmonious Mantras and used mantra heal + mantra of distraction – but I just gave yours a spin and I like it a lot more. I don’t know why I didn’t think of Greatsword alongside S&P; I guess it didn’t occur to me that interrupting with a knockback is still an interrupt and gets all those benefits.

I’m still liking Mantra of Distraction though – an instant, targeted interrupt is pretty frickin’ awesome, and I rarely lose 1v1s largely thanks to it (especially now that mantras recharge in the background, so as long as you charged it more than 30s ago, you can charge it again immediately after using up the charges).

Master of Manipulation is good against heavy ranged too, but that’s the sort of thing you just switch out depending on the enemy team. That said, I think I’m going to toy around with having MoM as standard and seeing if the new Mimic is any good (alongside something like Arcane Thievery which normally isn’t that great – but on a 1s cooldown…).

in Mesmer

jebro.6370

Let me know dude, Im thinking of chucking in the mantra to utility might be nicer

I need to get some pvp team fight action to add to this build too

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Jeb loving your enthusiasm but I don’t think this build is as strong as it could be. I’d say the builds greatest weakness is the lack of condi cleanse, and it’s loss of potential is in the absense of Mantra of Distraction.

As much as I loved the idea of Dom/Duel/Chaos, after looking at it, and now having gone in to play, I can see Dom/Duel/Inspi is far superior given synergy and the breadth of what we face. I’ll link a build and vid I’m putting up shortly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jax.5679

jax.5679

Out of the gate on patch day, this build did quite well – certainly was fun / trolly. But once the swarms of condi players hit the map, this build begins to under perform. Needs more ways to cleanse/avoid dmg.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantrupt-or-Die-New-Vid/first#

Here you go Jeb.

So yeah, I definitely felt the condi pressure out there, particularly anytime the imobs began to spam. Being able to insta cast heal and cleanse through stuns/imobs etc with MoC + cleanse on heal is just still so good. Also, mantra QoL changes are supurb (cd begins at charge, not after clearing casts). Anyway, Dom/Duel/Chaos is incredibly offensive in terms of lockdown but generates weaknesses better overcome with alternate build choices.

in Mesmer

jebro.6370

Jeb loving your enthusiasm but I don’t think this build is as strong as it could be. I’d say the builds greatest weakness is the lack of condi cleanse, and it’s loss of potential is in the absense of Mantra of Distraction.

As much as I loved the idea of Dom/Duel/Chaos, after looking at it, and now having gone in to play, I can see Dom/Duel/Inspi is far superior given synergy and the breadth of what we face. I’ll link a build and vid I’m putting up shortly.

To answer the remark :P I just checked here for replies, heres the build I literally just made with some pointers from Frostball

Mantra condi cleans in there too! :P

in Mesmer

jebro.6370

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantrupt-or-Die-New-Vid/first#

Here you go Jeb.

So yeah, I definitely felt the condi pressure out there, particularly anytime the imobs began to spam. Being able to insta cast heal and cleanse through stuns/imobs etc with MoC + cleanse on heal is just still so good. Also, mantra QoL changes are supurb (cd begins at charge, not after clearing casts). Anyway, Dom/Duel/Chaos is incredibly offensive in terms of lockdown but generates weaknesses better overcome with alternate build choices.

Agreed! fuin as hell though right? :P that build was based on 1v1 although atm Im still playing it. Will have to drop in some footage After speaking to more mesmers and having team practice

in Mesmer

jebro.6370

Out of the gate on patch day, this build did quite well – certainly was fun / trolly. But once the swarms of condi players hit the map, this build begins to under perform. Needs more ways to cleanse/avoid dmg.

CHeck the update in the description or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqpHFpTtCs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Do you really need to trait 3 mantra charges, now that the cd is “removed” ?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

The question is do you really need to trait Deceptive Evasion, now with IP in play? Three charges is a hell of a lot more cause for effect if you have the right traits synergizing effectivness, AND you’re getting the benefit of additional DPS from the same GM trait. So do you need 3 charges with the mantra cd removed? No, but taking it is heaping power on top of power (effect, im not talking power stat).

in Mesmer

jebro.6370

The question is do you really need to trait Deceptive Evasion, now with IP in play? Three charges is a hell of a lot more cause for effect if you have the right traits synergizing effectivness, AND you’re getting the benefit of additional DPS from the same GM trait. So do you need 3 charges with the mantra cd removed? No, but taking it is heaping power on top of power (effect, im not talking power stat).

Dont forget that 1 extra condi cleanse ofc

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Yea that makes sense – and once they fixed the bug with menders purity (last mantra stack won’t proc power cleanse), it gets even better!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”