Into the Void needs balancing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Yep, he’s a thief, how predictable. Nothing to see here folks, just another person with a poor understanding of Mesmer mechanics complaining about them.

stop defending broken mechanics we all know what makes the mesmer pull broken is the ability to pull people over walls and even through doors in some very rare cases .

same goes for the ones asking for fix the pull time is fine the way it pulls is what’s broken.

simple fix would be for it to “Respect” Line of Sights.

Nothing is broken, it’s just what is meant to be. Moving everyone around it. See this image http://i.imgur.com/U1iXF.jpg.
And by the way, other professions can also pull you from walls. If you don’t want to be pulled, then don’t go to the edge. Cause with itV you can only pull people from walls if they’re in the edges.

one thing is pull players Standing on Walls and another is pulling players Behind the walls sometimes even from up to 100-200 range away from the wall.

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

are mesmers really that unskilled they cant play without broken mechanics?

pulling players ontop of wall= Intended

Pulling players from behind walls = Unbalanced/Broken

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Yep, he’s a thief, how predictable. Nothing to see here folks, just another person with a poor understanding of Mesmer mechanics complaining about them.

stop defending broken mechanics we all know what makes the mesmer pull broken is the ability to pull people over walls and even through doors in some very rare cases .

same goes for the ones asking for fix the pull time is fine the way it pulls is what’s broken.

Nothing is broken, it’s just what is meant to be. Moving everyone around it. See this image http://i.imgur.com/U1iXF.jpg.
And by the way, other professions can also pull you from walls. If you don’t want to be pulled, then don’t go to the edge. Cause with itV you can only pull people from walls if they’re in the edges.

one thing is pull players Standing on Walls and another is pulling players Behind the walls sometimes even from up to 100-200 range away from the wall.

Still is not broken. I think you don’t understand what means broken.

Complaining about too much pull range is a different thing than what you and Phoenix do, so please stop saying things that aren’t true.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

Complaining about too much pull range is a different thing than what you and Phoenix do, so please stop saying things that aren’t true.

who the heck is Phoenix lol and as i said pull range aint the issue issue is that it ignores LoS and pulls players that are Behind walls unlike other pulls that simply pull players over walls.

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

who the heck is Phoenix lol and as i said pull range aint the issue issue is that it ignores LoS and pulls players that are Behind walls unlike other pulls that simply pull players over walls.

Phoenix is the creator of this post, who is complaining about things that aren’t true.

And now, you just have proved that I’m right, cause Into the Void pull nearby foes, not just a foe. So it no broken, it works as it is intended to do.

After this last sentence I figured out that you are complaining about a skill and a whole class when you haven’t even read itV description…

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

phoenix is the OP of the thread….

you cant pull people off the wall when the enemy is out LOS. When enemy is out of LOS then the pull will move the enemy to the ledge. When the enemy is in LOS then the enemy fall off the wall

all walls have this ledge that prevents the enemy which decrease the effectiveness of pulls

one more thing. enter the void is a aoe attack. I dont think other professions want their aoe attack nerfed

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

you cant pull people off the wall when the enemy is out LOS. When enemy is out of LOS then the pull will move the enemy to the ledge. When the enemy is in LOS then the enemy fall off the wall

one more thing. enter the void is a aoe attack. I dont think other professions want their aoe attack nerfed

in that case the fair solution would be to give every class a long range AoE Pull

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

in that case the fair solution would be to give every class a long range AoE Pull

while we at it, change all professions #5 to a situation skill that is useless in pvp.

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

all walls have this ledge that prevents the enemy which decrease the effectiveness of pulls

thing is in wvw theres gonna be tons of mesmers so what happens is several pull and bam targets off the wall because it takes one to pull the enemy onto the wall then another simply pulls them off.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

You can tell that you’re wrong by the fact that this tactic isn’t widely used.

Yeah, just give every skill to every profession. Or better, just remove professions altogether. Make everybody play warriors, makes balancing way easier.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

thing is in wvw theres gonna be tons of mesmers so what happens is several pull and bam targets off the wall because it takes one to pull the enemy onto the wall then another simply pulls them off.

that is called coordinating and anet encourage that behavior

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

coordinating is fine except when it is Exclusive to one class who else has an AoE pull that yanks players from behind walls? no one so yeah give the AoE pull to every class and lets see how you like “Coordination” then

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

coordinating is fine except when it is Exclusive to one class who else has an AoE pull that yanks players from behind walls? no one so yeah give the AoE pull to every class and lets see how you like “Coordination” then

yea i know, its like giving portal to every class…..

i really think that you dislike the distinction between professions

I starting to think that QQ want all classes to do everything

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

well im out too many kids hurt because they got truth told at them

Actually, you got truth told, that’s why you are quitting.

You entered this post saying lies, we proved you were wrong. Then you claimed that all professions should do the same and you showed us how a kid you are…

PD: By the way, I’ve seen your post history and most posts are from engineer section. So it’s a bit funny that someone who plays the profession with strongest aoe damage is crying about an aoe effect from one of the professions that have less aoe possibilities…

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

You entered this post saying lies, we proved you were wrong. Then you claimed that all professions should do the same and you showed us how a kid you are…

Where was i prooven wrong your arguments simply says "the skill is fine because its fine and we say so "

you guys are the ones barking at me as if i said “remove mesmers” when all i said was the skill should be fixed so that it does not pull players over walls except when they are standing on it you know like every other single pull in the game.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

Where was i prooven wrong your arguments simply says "the skill is fine because its fine and we say so "

you guys are the ones barking at me as if i said “remove mesmers” when all i said was the skill should be fixed so that it does not pull players over walls except when they are standing on it you know like every other single pull in the game.

its already fixed. If you are not in LOS or have stability then the skill does not pull enemies over the wall

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

better yet my turn to ask

Why do you think Mesmers would become Underpowered by making their pull be affected by LoS so targets would pop Obstructed when behind walls like normal pulls would?

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

you guys are the ones barking at me as if i said “remove mesmers” when all i said was the skill should be fixed so that it does not pull players over walls except when they are standing on it you know like every other single pull in the game

Your argument is: That skill is broken because I don’t like what it does, and because of that, all mesmers are losers cause they take profit of a “broken” mechanic.
My argument is: This skill is not broken because it does what the description says, not what mesmer would want to do… And by the way, I never said that itV is fine in terms of balance.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

Why do you think Mesmers would become Underpowered by making their pull be affected by LoS so targets would pop Obstructed when behind walls like normal pulls would?

focus phastasm is pretty weak. Any skill player can avoid #5. In fact, most skilled tpvp never used #5 due to its cast time and it never hits

normal pulls are usually projectiles so they will have an obstructed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I agree. Every class needs a pull. Also every class needs thief like stealth. Oh, also I want warrior kill shot and ele ride the lightning. kitten .

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

I agree. Every class needs a pull. Also every class needs thief like stealth. Oh, also I want warrior kill shot and ele ride the lightning. kitten .

the thing about sarcasm is it doesnt work when used against a sarcastic comment

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

the problem with giving other classes aoe pull is that they also have much more stuns, fear and knockdown than a mesmer.

a complex aoe pull is kidda a class defining feature for the mesmer

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

focus phastasm is pretty weak. Any skill player can avoid #5. In fact, most skilled tpvp never used #5 due to its cast time and it never hits

and this is the problem you’re talking pvp and im talking WvW in pvp the skill i admit
its pretty easy to dodge .

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

Also every class needs aoe skills like grenades, form from necros, aoe healing like guardians and a permanent pet like rangers XD

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

the problem with giving other classes aoe pull is that they also have much more stuns, fear and knockdown than a mesmer.

however mesmers have a 6s(traited) cooldown stun breaker the only other class that matches that is the thief with sword.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

and this is the problem you’re talking pvp and im talking WvW in pvp the skill i admit
its pretty easy to dodge .

wvwvw is pvE and anet does not really balance it

Anet design the mesmer for complex gameplay. Giving other professions the same aoe pull will weaken defenders ability to defend keep and other defenses. However, allowing mesmer using this pull is a counter to arrow carts and other defenses.

Giving one profession an aoe pull is a nice balance between defending a invading

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

however mesmers have a 6s(traited) cooldown stun breaker the only other class that matches that is the thief with sword.

6 second stun breaker?

phase retreat is not a stun breaker

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

the skill should be fixed so that it does not pull players over walls except when they are standing on it you know like every other single pull in the game.

I really don’t know what game you are playing, but obviously it’s not the same game as I’m playing. I’m using focus a lot, and I happen to use the pull while attacking a tower or keep. Now, let me tell you this: Most of the time, people won’t fall down. And here’s why: They only can fall down if they are standing on the ledge or VERY near to it. If they stand in the middle, I can NOT pull them down. And it gets even better. You claim that I’m able to pull them OVER the wall. That means the opposing player is on the other side of the wall, I pull him up on the other side and then over the wall so he falls down on my side. This is completely hilarious. That’s NOT possible.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

the skill should be fixed so that it does not pull players over walls except when they are standing on it you know like every other single pull in the game.

I really don’t know what game you are playing, but obviously it’s not the same game as I’m playing. I’m using focus a lot, and I happen to use the pull while attacking a tower or keep. Now, let me tell you this: Most of the time, people won’t fall down. And here’s why: They only can fall down if they are standing on the ledge or VERY near to it. If they stand in the middle, I can NOT pull them down. And it gets even better. You claim that I’m able to pull them OVER the wall. That means opposing player is on the other side of the wall, I pull them up on the other side and then over the wall so they fall down on my side. This is completely hilarious. That’s NOT possible.

the laughable part is this is actually possible and i dunno if the door bug was fixed but it even pulled through tower gates at times.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

I really don’t know what game you are playing, but obviously it’s not the same game as I’m playing. I’m using focus a lot, and I happen to use the pull while attacking a tower or keep. Now, let me tell you this: Most of the time, people won’t fall down. And here’s why: They only can fall down if they are standing on the ledge or VERY near to it. If they stand in the middle, I can NOT pull them down. And it gets even better. You claim that I’m able to pull them OVER the wall. That means opposing player is on the other side of the wall, I pull them up on the other side and then over the wall so they fall down on my side. This is completely hilarious. That’s NOT possible.

For most ledges they will fall down but wall, keeps, and etc. have this ledge that makes cc less effective. It also annoys defenders by making too many LOS problems. I think Anet should add windows to walls and keeps to make things more interesting and give defenders a better chance

in Mesmer

Rezzet.3614

also this is pointless

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

the laughable part is this is actually possible and i dunno if the door bug was fixed but it even pulled through tower gates at times.

So how comes that I can’t pull people down if they are standing ON the wall, but supposedly can pull people over the wall which are standing on the other side of it?

I myself have never pulled someone over a wall. If someone fell down, he was standing ON the ledge of the wall.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

also this is pointless

well you have very firm beliefs

I for one want complex gameplay that players to mock the enemies that are standing on the ledge of the castle. Of course, I do not want all professions to have it because nobody will stand on the ledge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

It’s awesome when someone says something like this:

… and then comes back to the thread to make in excess of five more posts.

Into the Void can be blocked with Aegis as well as dodged / evaded. I think that allowing a 1 second long telegraph of the incoming pull effect would make the ability a lot less useful.

Also, Stability completely negates its pull effect. I don’t think there’s really anything wrong with the ability as it stands now.

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noince.7364

Noince.7364

Personally, the pull either pulls enemies to the ledges, or off the ledges. If coordinated with multiple Mesmers, yes you can force people off walls even when not at ledges.

Exclusive to one class who else has an AoE pull that yanks players from behind walls?

(By behind I assume on the walls but not on the ledges. So far I have never seen players being pulled from behind walls -> on walls -> on ledges -> off ledges onto the ground)

This is a defining trait for Mesmers in WvW. Other classes have their own defining features in WvW. By your point, no one class should have exclusive features?

Exclusive Features (I can think of off-the-bat):

-Thief: Awesome roaming/scouting in WvW almost uncatchable with mix of teleports, swiftness and stealth.

-Guardians: AoE active area passage denial. (used in advanced tatics where several guardians do a coordinated area blockage.) Reliable projectile reflection at target areas. Ability to reliably spread stability buff to allies.

-Necros: Heavy area denial and control through marks. Multiple necros placing marks are able to effectively zone out areas. Landmine logic of “persistent” denial until triggered.

-Elementalists: Heavy ranged direct damage in a AoE. While necros usually apply chill and various debuffs by AoEing walls, eles drop the direct aoe damage.

So, what about all these exclusive features by other classes? Should they all be equalized for fairness or removed? Sure Mesmers can somewhat AoE walls but its not gonna be as powerfull as necro or ele AoE. Similarly, other classes can pull people off walls, and they rightfully are not as powerful as Mesmers pulls.

Moreover, its not as if the pull is unreasonably unfair. The coordinated effort can be nullified through various methods, often by players on their own. Stability and aegis both prevent being yanked off. 2 dodges rolls and <insert appropriate escape utility> also offer a high chance of making it back into safety.

(edited by Noince.7364)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

No it doesn’t. End of thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

If you see a Mesmer drop it right on top of you, move out of the 600 range to avoid the pull. This is very easy to achieve if you’re a Thief by just shadow stepping away. It can also be negated by stability and aegis amongst other things just like all other pull attacks.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Every patch Mesmer gets busted up more… The into the void bug that had unlimited range got fixed. Other than that it is fine… Stop whining… And to Phoenix that said

“The tell for a back stab is when a thief stealths” Same logic can be applied for ITV “As soon as the Mesmer puts down a shiny purple line on the ground that’s a tell that ITV is coming” See how much different that is?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

someone posted about pulling through walls. I think they may have been referring to gates. like other aoe, the itv pulls people on the other side of the door, if they are near it….say repairing. if they’re tanky targets, its no big deal…they fall down, get up, keep repairing. if they’re squishy and there’s aoe on the door, they can die.

is that mechanic as intended? I don’t know, but it is consistent. other classes also have aoe that goes through the door.

should it be fixed? only as an addition to fixing all other classes aoe attacks…but even then, probably not.

why not? aoe on doors is actually an interesting mechanic for everyone. it makes siege more challenging for attackers and defenders. I have been on both sides of this and enjoyed the challenge of trying to repair a gate without getting aoed, and on the other side, trying to spot the repairers and pull/aoe them.

Wall-pulls do this too. it makes it interesting to be standing around without an arrowcart to aim during a siege for both sides. either trying to aoe and pull defenders from the walls without dying to aoe and arrowcarts, or as a defender trying to aoe without getting pulled, and if pulled, trying to survive. I’ve been on both sides of this too, and I prefer the challenge and danger to a simple, shooting fish in a barrel excercise.

if you want to play in easy mode, might I suggest farming in Orr?

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

No one expects the Ele pull until it’s too late : 3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Nope, pheonix has

A mesmer
A thief
A warrior
A ranger

All 80s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Nope, pheonix has

A mesmer
A thief
A warrior
A ranger

All 80s

And he mains….
A thief.

He said his first char was an 80 Mesmer. If he still played that Mesmer frequently, he would know that ItV is not broken. Sure you can double-cast spam it, but you can also double-cast spam Illusionary Riposte and the Scepter Block for an AoE Daze/Blind respectively. Is that broken? No, because it’s a LINE. Guess what, ItV is a LINE as well. It just has a different effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

First, Into the Void has an instant cast-time and can immediately be activated after setting down Temporal Curtain.

The ‘tell’ for Temporal Curtain being placed has already been explained. The mesmer motions from right to left as if drawing a line on the ground. The animation itself takes approximately .5 seconds. Again, bearing in mind that it’s one of the only counters for stealth abuse, it probably shouldn’t have ANY tell. At least, not until stealth can’t be permanent or incurs a penalty or penalties such as reduced movement speed.

It also happens to have a max range of 1500 range, 900 from setting the curtain and 600 from the radius in which Into the Void pulls. Instant casting with no tell? AOE pull with max range of 1500? That’s quite a powerful snare you got there.

Thief is already near-impossible to catch. One profession has one way to slow you down for one second. Who’s crying, again?

Do you see a common trait amongst the skills you listed? All those other CC skills you’ve listed have a short range. Most are in melee range. The ones that don’t will have a clear tell (such as the Throw Mine) . Also, you listed Tornado which is an elite, thanks for the laughs.

They’re all no-tell removal from shadow refuge, and oddly enough, Throw Mine is the most similar to Temporal Curtain.

• You see the curtain.
  • You see the mine.
  • The curtain pulls you.
  • The mine launches you.
  • Both are ranged.

…and I listed two elites, thank you.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Nope, pheonix has

A mesmer
A thief
A warrior
A ranger

All 80s

And he mains….
A thief.

Never said he didn’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Funny how your only counter-arguements mention a whole other thief mechanic instead of actually comparing the CC Skill with another CC skill. What if I mained ranger or any other class? Boom. All your bad arguments wouldn’t have any significance, they really don’t in the first place anyways. itV is overpowered whether you’re playing thief, ranger warrior or whatever. Yall need to stay on topic, we are supposed to be talking about general CC and whether itV is overpowered compared to other skills.

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38244111.jpg[/img]

Also, throw mine isn’t on the same level as itV. itV can be placed on walls to pull people. At long ranges, throw mine has a clear animation as you can see the hand motion and the mine coming towards you. Compare that with itV where as soon as you see the hand motion and curtain appear you can be pulled.

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

Funny how your only counter-arguements mention a whole other thief mechanic instead of actually comparing the CC Skill with another CC skill. What if I mained ranger or any other class? Boom. All your bad arguments wouldn’t have any significance, they really don’t in the first place anyways. itV is overpowered whether you’re playing thief, ranger warrior or whatever. Yall need to stay on topic, we are supposed to be talking about general CC and whether itV is overpowered compared to other skills.

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38244111.jpg[/img]

Also, throw mine isn’t on the same level as itV. itV can be placed on walls to pull people. At long ranges, throw mine has a clear animation as you can see the hand motion and the mine coming towards you. Compare that with itV where as soon as you see the hand motion and curtain appear you can be pulled.

the problem is that you are arguing against a class specific skill. Every class should do CC different

This pull makes a mesmer unique in comparison to other classes pull.

Enter the void is powerful, but anet found a way to balance the skill by making #5 phantasm hard to use to near borderline useless unless traited.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

^This. ITV is strong in certain situations only. Other than that it is an interrupt skill on a long CD and the pre skill is mesmers only reliable access to swiftness. Number 5 is amazing when either Traited OR the mesmer coordinates greatly with his immobilizes to hold someone slippery like a thief in place Which rarely occurs. And if the mesmer has the focus traited they will likely not use ITV until the curtain is almost gone because they want the reflect not the interrupt.

Mesmer has been getting shafted every patch for the last 5 months… Just stop with the QQ enjoy your spammable boon steal (mesmers only boon steal takes 3 is on a stupid long cooldown and never taken)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

I think there should be some animation to show you are being pulled. Its unfair for single unit pulls on utility skills to have an animation but an AoE pull not to have one. The utility skills are weaker than a single weapon skill because they take up a utility slot, have an animation so they are easier to dodge, ITV also has a secondary benefit to the pull (AoE swiftness and cripple) whereas something like spectral grasp is a single skill. Temporal Curtain also recharges 5 sec faster than all but one of the pull utility skills.

Its also harder for newer players to recognize that they have actually been hit by ITV because the pull is invisible whereas Spectral Grasp, Scorpion Wire or Magnet have a delay and an animation that can be seen, so players can better learn its range and how to play against it.

They can just animate Lieutenant Kohler everytime you activate that way people know if they are in range of the pull without pulling out measuring tape.

TLDR: Other AoE and Single Target pulls have delays/animations, ITV does not.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

the problem is that you are arguing against a class specific skill. Every class should do CC different

This pull makes a mesmer unique in comparison to other classes pull.

oh I agree skills should be unique and powerful in their own way. What I’m saying though is that itV is just a bit too powerful because along with it’s range and unique abilities, it has that near instant cast time with no real tell. A small nerf like the one I mention in the original post would make it balanced.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

There are very few pull skills in this game. Also engi has a trait that is an AOE pull with bomb kit now pretty sweet right? Oh also engis get an AOE knock back with shield and an aoe daze. Pretty much what all of us are saying is “stop asking to screw over our class again.” We are down to only one two handed weapon and it performs extremely subpar now thanks to the screwing over of IE in this last patch.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer