Introducing the Phantomime!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Seeing how much I was disappointed with Mirage… I came up with an idea that would really transform Mesmer’s playstyle drasticly. What if we would wield Phantasmal Weaponry which would replace Phantasm skills? Example when you cast Phantasmal Swordsman, instead of getting a strong Phantasm like we always had, we would get Phantasmal Sword in place of our main hand and get new skills in the process. The new skills would replace your 1-3 skills and would have effects basing on the type of Phantasm you were supposed to summon. The name I’m thinking for this kind of spec is Phantomime? Since we’re using our projections of our mind to create weapons, just like how a pantomime acts as if he creates and interacts with objects in solid air. Adding h to the name makes it flavorful since we are using Phantasmal Weaponry and Phantom fits mesmer well too.

The weaponry would match the old skills of the Phantasm. The regular Phantasm attack would be part of the kit and an added additional one, maybe a modified Auto as well? Like using the Phantasmal GS for melee instead of range XD.

Sword gets quick melee Power skills,
GS gets hard hitting Power skills,
Focus gives an Axe that gives Mesmers utility and protection, Torch gives a purply firey sceptre that does lots of Burning with a bit of Fury,
Staff (although needs its Phantasm to be moved to 4/5) gives you a staff that deals lots of Power damage and additional condis,
Pistol would be a control weapon and will also deal lots of bleeds just like our iDuelists.
Lastly, I’ve been thinking of adding another offhand for it to showcase this new Elite’s mechanics, maybe dagger would work? A ranged weapon that bounces on targets. Maybe Power based with a bit of bleeds.

So what happens to our clones? They would still exist, and still act normally. Since we don’t use Phantasms anymore, we are free to Shatter them for rotation! This kind of concept could function really well with base mesmer and having many different Phantasmal Weaponry, we can all choose the playstyle we want!
What are your thoughts on this?

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m not a fan of conjured weapons.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

It’s not for everyone /shrug

Mirage DPS HYPE