Is it possible to kill a bunker mes in PvP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

With 1 or 2 people, is there any profession or combination of professions that can kill a good bunker mesmer in a reasonable amount of time? (By reasonable, let’s say in less than 2 or maybe 3 minutes, at the most).

On my reaper, I can handle most diamond skin tempests and druids pretty easily, but for some reason I can sit there and fight a chrono bunker all day, despite all of my boon corruption, condi transfers, and unblockable skills.

This isn’t a QQ thread, I’m honestly just wondering if anyone has been able to wear down a bunker mes, either in a team fight or 1v1 (or even 2v1)?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Reaper/DH are your best counters to bunker mes because they have a ton of unblockable pressure. DH gets extra brownie points because it also has unevadables.

Reaper can break the block with corrupt boon, fear mark, and warhorn daze. You can also just spam marks during the block without any fear of dodging. Your chill field ignores blocks, and frost armor ignores evades and blocks for proccing chill.

DH daze on trap is unblockable and can be used to break the block stance. Any sort of warding line is unblockable and undodgeable and will break blocking/dodging. Spear of justice is unblockable, and is a 1200 range pull that cannot be blocked or dodged.

1v1, you’re not going to kill a bunker chrono. However, you’re able to force vulnerable gaps into their defensive rotation, and put a lot of pressure on them (especially as a reaper). With another offensive person (thief/rev/scrapper/etc) this is enough to kill the chrono, provided you don’t get substantially outplayed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

For DH, don’t forget that Heavy Light with Deflecting Shot is an unblockable CC too, on a much lower CD than Hunter’s Verdict or Test of Faith.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MystF.5186

MystF.5186

1v1, you’re not going to kill a bunker chrono..

Oh, and why is that? You can still kill tempest, scrapper and druid, but why not chronomancer?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Oh, and why is that? You can still kill tempest, scrapper and druid, but why not chronomancer?

Unsurprisingly, you’re wrong as usual. You’re hitting 4 for 4 these past 4 months on the forums! Bunker tempest, bunker scrapper, and bunker druid all are also impossible to kill in a 1v1 if they’re even remotely competent.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Always +1, I like zerker berserker with rifle, timing berserk with gunflames and SIG of might. Unblockables are your ace in the sleeve but otherwise you have to maintain that ranged pressure and hit while they’re distracted by your friendly contender.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

Hmm, ok that’s somewhat helpful. I came relatively close on my terrormancer reaper; spectral wall seemed to be really effective for cornering them on a small point, because I think it functions the same way as line/ring of warding. I was also making use of frost aura every chance I got, and I think that did have an effect, although it’s hard to tell with all that alacrity sometimes.

The real problem I have is fighting them in team fights, because they seem to be borderline unkillable with a tempest or druid fighting alongside them. And if I focus one of the squishier players, they just get a free rez from the mesmer (perma-quickness, well of precog and feedback bubble, plus the 10% increased rez speed).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matt Hax.8927

Matt Hax.8927

Mesmer interrupter , GG BUNKER

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

wow MystF clearly missed code of conduct or have no intention of contributing to thread. Derailing this thread to questioning responder’s skill is something worth reporting.

In addition to what Pyro said, a reaper should have enough covering conditions or accessible chill to give bunker mesmer a hard time. Most bunker mesmers only have well of eternity as their multi-condition cleansing skill since they’ll want to slot other utilities for wells or portal. The rest of the condi cleanse are from shatter, which only cleanse one condition and they may waste precious stability. Don’t try to unload your CC first, wear them down with conditions until you see stabilities are wasted.

Sure it may take a while, but that’s the whole point of fighting a bunker. You don’t see people instantly melt competent cele ele bunkers back before HoT. All I can say is, try to play by observe your opponent’s move.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Unsurprisingly, you’re wrong as usual. You’re hitting 4 for 4 these past 4 months on the forums! Bunker tempest, bunker scrapper, and bunker druid all are also impossible to kill in a 1v1 if they’re even remotely competent.

Maybe stop playing a self-proclaimed bunker and you realize you can if you are remotely competent. One needs more practice in game than in forums.

If you can kill a bunker 1v1, they aren’t a real bunker. Bunker needs to be able to hold a point 1v1 at all times, 2v1 for a significant amount of time, and stay on point during team fights for extended periods of time.
Otherwise, they aren’t really able to fill the bunker role. It’s definitional.

Only hard counters (e.g. Rev, DH) should be able to kill a particular bunker build 1v1.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I should point out that the traditional Bunker Guard will in fact lose 1vs1s against most competent damage specs. Its power lies in the fact that it can survive long enough for +1 to arrive (thereby wasting the attacker’s time) and it’s incredible team support potential.

The Chronobunker is similar in the sense the best place for it is in the middle of team fights, but the HoT power creep means it also now no longer loses 1vs1s. But that’s what it is: power creep: and really, IMO, shouldn’t be the case.

Actually HoT is just a massive power creep on all fronts compared to before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cole.3824

Cole.3824

Do you guys actually like this “bunker” gameplay? Sounds like the pro players can’t stand it, but do it because they have no choice. Really hoping they gut some of these builds. The bunker/condi match ups were ridiculously boring to watch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blazinfury.8504

blazinfury.8504

Personally I’ve played pvp a lot more since trying the bunker. I love locking a point down while holding 1v1 or 1v2, it keeps several of the other team busy while my team caps or kills. I generally hold enough until I get a +1 to assist in the kill.

I swapped null field in for blink/portal though for some extra boon rip/conditions cleanse to take the pressure off of shattering. I also use sword shield more then staff for blur, deja vu and tot.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Do you guys actually like this “bunker” gameplay? Sounds like the pro players can’t stand it, but do it because they have no choice. Really hoping they gut some of these builds. The bunker/condi match ups were ridiculously boring to watch.

I like bunker gameplay, but not dedicated Support Bunker. Hence why I play Condi Bunker, which neuters team support for offensive pressure.

Support Bunker is more effective if you have a good team but otherwise I prefer Condi Bunker for self-sufficiency. Not only can you bunker but you can also pressure people away.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Just faced one.

Even 2 v 1 you can hardly touch him.

Alacrity, in addition to sword 2, shield 4 , f4, well, with f5 double spam makes bunker Chrono nearly untouchable 95% of the time.

There’s next to no counter to it.
The only thing that are close to being the counter is condition Rev, which the only reason it’s able to counter chrono is because Mallyx torment pulse and burn pulse are UNEVADABLE and UNBLOCKABLE.

Basically bunker Chrono is a completely brainless spec that basically just spam their rotation to get their immortality.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blazinfury.8504

blazinfury.8504

Bunkers are by no means immortal. I’ve fallen to Dh and reapers. Yes, bunkers survive for a significant amount of time but that’s their job, if they died in 1v1s, then something is horribly wrong. They should hold against 1v2 with minimal issues. Anything higher is understandable to fall against.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Just faced one.

Alacrity, in addition to sword 2, shield 4 , f4, well, with f5 double spam makes bunker Chrono nearly untouchable 95% of the time.

The only thing that are close to being the counter is condition Rev, which the only reason it’s able to counter chrono is because Mallyx torment pulse and burn pulse are UNEVADABLE and UNBLOCKABLE.

Basically bunker Chrono is a completely brainless spec that basically just spam their rotation to get their immortality.

You’d have some good points if you weren’t just so stupendously wrong.

F5 prevents point capture. So does F4. There are multiple skills that break through evades and many skills that break through blocks.

The only thing blocking you from countering bunker Mesmer is a lack of reading comprehension. Try starting with my first reply in this thread, you might learn something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Just faced one.

You’d have some good points if you weren’t just so stupendously wrong.

F5 prevents point capture. So does F4. There are multiple skills that break through evades and many skills that break through blocks.

The only thing blocking you from countering bunker Mesmer is a lack of reading comprehension. Try starting with my first reply in this thread, you might learn something.

Other than some weird trait procs , not many things go through evade.

People choose Mallyx for a reason. They’re durable, and they proc those exact traits that’re unblockable and unevadable.

And it seems the best way to counter cancer build is using another cancer build.

Yeah sure, there’re alot of unblockable skills from Warrior, so why can’t we see one anymore? Not just top team, even the normal ranked matches they completely disappeared. What I see every single matches are 2+ bunker Mesmer and 2+ Reapers and 2+ Tempests.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Yes, i use a chronomancer build based on interupt, boon removal and other things. I always decap and kill them in 1 v 1, if they don’t leave.

So yes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I can attest that it is in fact possible to kill a bunker chrono. No, I’m not a top player by any means.

I’m just glad ANET finally ( after waiting years ) has given me a Mesmer build that makes me feel I have a fair shot.

Now they’ll prob nerf it and make Mesmer useless for 2 more years because we won a few matches.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Just faced one.

Brainless spec? Is that supppsed to be a joke? Chrono is harder to play than any other class because of timing and geometry issues plus the fact that you have to memorize the meta constantly to know how to counter their play style. Have you even tried out the class in the first place?

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

(edited by Ananeos.4587)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

“Chrono is untouchable 95% of the time” This is malarkey. Ill leave it to the other people to shred you with their responses.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Dragonhunter + Reaper takes care of any bunker Chronomancer with no problems. This is of course assuming the Chrono has no additional support.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Dragonhunter + Reaper takes care of any bunker Chronomancer with no problems. This is of course assuming the Chrono has no additional support.

Which incidentally are the two professions that fell out of favour with Metabattle as the Chronobunker rose.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Which incidentally are the two professions that fell out of favour with Metabattle as the Chronobunker rose.

Primarily due to the effect of mallyx revenants.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Primarily due to the effect of mallyx revenants.

Said it first, will say it again, nerf Rev, let the meta shift around the Mesmer.

Once the planets are properly aligned glory will become the earthethenandstuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

what?… Scrapper isnt a bunker for one, Scrappers are bruisers, Just like Reapers, they’re Not bunker at all, they’re Meta builds consist of Celestial or Mauraders, which iirc Mauraders is the one used now.

bunker Tempests i’d say are actually harder to kill then Chronobunkers because they dont struggle against unblockables, if played well they can keep themselves alive and Live through alot of what the current meta puts out, not to mention DS being voted as the most imbalanced concept in GW2 currently in the pro scenes.

Druids are a tough one, If they arnt good they’re easily killed but good ones become soo difficult to win against, they can bunker on for ages without a problem because they can use their F5 to just Heal themselves completely free of charge realistically, although its very pidgeon holed currently it still works very well.

they are talking about when they say “u cant win 1v1” a Competent player at that proffession For example, i currently am not used to bunkering at all, not to mention have very little experience with the Mesmer, if i was to suddenly try to use it in a 1v1 i would prolly get mashed, just because u utterly destroyed other bunkering proffessions doesnt always lead to problems, if u outplay someone u win, its as simple as that, its just fighting good bunkers becomes a problem on a 1v1 scale.

chronobunkering is just new, and not alot of people know alot of things about it realistically, mesmers have never been bunkers before this so its Not really a playstyle anyone is used to playing or fighting against, it really does feel weird using my Mesmer to bunker points.