Is the Rampager's set worth it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zeohi.2853

Zeohi.2853

Power / Precision / Condition damage.

However, it’s less Power than Berserkers and less Condition damage than Carrion. Is it worth it to invest in all these points at once? I’m mostly interested in Greatsword / Staff / Sword&Pistol / Sword&Focus.

I currently have rampagers but I’m wondering if it was a bad investment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

Seems like a good idea to me.
Where do you get the set?
If I could check the stats I could give a more decisive answer.

in Mesmer

Zeohi.2853

The set is available on the broker, for example Rampager’s Exalted _________. I’m also looking at Flame Legion armor which has the EXACT same stats. Anyways, I’ll just show you a comparison.

Berserker’s Exalted Coat:
101 Power / 72 Precision / 5% Crit Damage

Carrion’s Exalted Coat:
72 Power / 72 Vitality / 101 Condition Damage

Rampager’s Exalted Coat:
72 Power / 101 Precision / 72 Condition Damage

in Mesmer

Zeohi.2853

Does anyone have any additional input?

in Mesmer

Posted by: McNuggetBandit.8376

McNuggetBandit.8376

If you plan to go condition get carrions as you need that viat for survibilaty in PvE otherwise your gonna die fast (glass cannons arnt the best) however if you wanna go a Power build (shatter or Phat) get knights for same principals. I feel it limits you alot putting all 3 armour stats into attack as you lose than much needed survibilaty.

in Mesmer

Posted by: echofoxtrot.4239

echofoxtrot.4239

mesmers have a lot of survivability (if you know what youre doing). thats why I go with rampagers. use your skills to survive and your stats to make sure they don’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rhyno.7084

Rhyno.7084

We discussed Rampager’s vs. Zerkers earlier and I always go with Rampagers for 2 reasons. High DPS mesmer builds rely on bleed, and Rampager’s has higher precision and crits make the builds function. You also get a ton of free confusion that condition damage takes advantage of.

That being said Zerker’s is better for tagging creeps during crowded DEs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HecatesLover.3617

HecatesLover.3617

Personally I use a combination of Rampager, Knight and Carrion to take the edge off the squish factor but still get me a good chunk of offense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

I am currently using Rampagers, though I’m tempted to try the Order of Whisper’s set while I am saving up to get an Exotic set of gear. Precision, Toughness, and Condition Dmg sounds really nice, but I haven’t located those specific stat combinations in an Exotic set yet.

Though using Rampagers in my Staff + Sword&Focus/Pistol build, means I tend to be a bit squishy. I am currently playing around with my Jewelery and Runes to see how that effects my survival rate (Having a Jeweler is beneficial for that).

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

As our best condition damage is bleed via phatasm crit, the rampager outdoes the carrion.

However, condition damage can compete with Berserker only on Veteran or stronger mobs. Anything less will be vaporized by full Berserk anyway.

One way to go is to consider which pieces of the Berserk set offer the worst crit damage ratios compared to the condition value of the Rampager. Anet values 1% of crit dmg roughly equal to 13 condition rating, however various pieces of equipment and equipment upgrades will vary between 7ish and 20ish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pheuno.3410

pheuno.3410

I got full zerker and rampage and it just depends which build you are running. Both good.