Is there a mesmer bunker build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

Hi guys,

is such a thing possible? Recently I started playing a D/D bunker ele to get a better perspective on how to counter them and was impressed with their versatility, survival and speed of play.

Is there something equivalent on the mesmer side?

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Yes, I’ve known of multy builds for Mez, that work as bunker builds.

However I dont give out my build information, but to let you know their is bunker builds for mez.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I’m recently trying out a semi-bunker, phantasm based build, toughness and vit necklace and precision gems on the armor, currently at 25k HP and almost 2600 armor. And phantasms are doing a pretty nice damage they usually melt down glass cannon builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Try 0/0/30/20/20 with cleric armor. Build with high survivability and still enough damage.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

<—- This guy

You’re going to be bunkering with heals and protection more than taking the hits though, I built myself around having retaliation and confusion active during the entire fight and healing anything I take, as well as opening a fight with a radiation field from my runeset to reduce the effectiveness of enemy heals until I clear the poison

I’ve also run a phantasm regen/protection bunker build where I create a “bubble” of regen with 2-3 duelists where I can just sit and take an absurd amount of pain before any of it makes a dent

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

<—- This guy

You’re going to be bunkering with heals and protection more than taking the hits though, I built myself around having retaliation and confusion active during the entire fight and healing anything I take, as well as opening a fight with a radiation field from my runeset to reduce the effectiveness of enemy heals until I clear the poison

I’ve also run a phantasm regen/protection bunker build where I create a “bubble” of regen with 2-3 duelists where I can just sit and take an absurd amount of pain before any of it makes a dent

share the build plz? xDDD

in Mesmer

TheComet.6471

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Healing-Bunker-Build
That’s the original post, the build has been altered a little bit to include heavier use of retaliation and confusion (I use Feedback instead of the signet of midnight now for the combo field, and I use 10 in duelist for sword cooldown reduction, switch mantra heals with glamour cooldown)
ps: I should really update that thread with my revised setup, it’s been improved on big time

I also came across a what-if? thread I posted last month about distortion and invulnerability, if you want to bunker by means of being untouchable
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/How-long-can-we-be-untouchable

Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

(edited by TheComet.6471)

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

hmm will this work in spvp i wonder O.o

in Mesmer

TheComet.6471

I’ve never tried it in spvp, but it functions well in wvw since eventually you hit a point where your opponent’s skills are on cooldown and you can lash back while they either faceroll/AA spam or try to tank the hits

I havn’t played any sPvP yet since wvw is my favorite distration, so I couldn’t say much there other than the confusion is about half as potent as elsewhere

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I run 0/20/20/20/10 for my spvp build. Sword/Focus and Staff. My damage (condition included) is pretty pathetic, but I’m a serious pain in the kitten to kill.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

yea the only condition that actually kills in spvp is bleeding so the confusion stacks and everything else is really bad thier it does about half the damage it would do in WvW.. sadly idk why that is but yea. Actually now that i think about it confusion in WvW from wat ive seen can hit like 1k+. in spvp i can barely get over 500 even with full condition spec + runes x.x

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in Mesmer

TheComet.6471

yea the only condition that actually kills in spvp is bleeding so the confusion stacks and everything else is really bad thier it does about half the damage it would do in WvW.. sadly idk why that is but yea. Actually now that i think about it confusion in WvW from wat ive seen can hit like 1k+. in spvp i can barely get over 500 even with full condition spec + runes x.x

Actually confusion was BUFFED for pve due to enemies attacking much less, wvw uses the same patches as pve

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

There are more and more different rules between PvE and WvW each day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Hi guys,

is such a thing possible? Recently I started playing a D/D bunker ele to get a better perspective on how to counter them and was impressed with their versatility, survival and speed of play.

Mesmer’s do not make the best bunkers in my opinion due to the fact that they do not have any form of stability. Protection up time can be decent with mesmer if your enemy is too stupid to kill your phantasms that have 500 health once taking note that they are not getting hurt because you’re a vitality/toughness build and your condition stacking is mostly confusion and bleeding and feeble due to needing the extra survivability. This reply is entirely PvP oriented.

All in all, there are many better options for bunkering before mesmer would be considered a good choice. Good bunkers have a lot of boon up-time especially on protection and regen. Mesmer is far too reliant on illusions to be expected to bunker effectively against an intelligent foe.

(edited by Wise.8025)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Here’s a guide that breaks down the build to the basics.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I use to run a 0/0/25/25/20 build with staff and scepter/torch in PvP along with Carrion amulet and Runes of the Necromancer. It’s a very tanky build with lots of vit and decent toughness. It’s a condition based build so you wear your opponent out rather than kill them outright.

Defensively it was powerful due to the high vit/tough, mobility, and frequent chaos armor. Since then the staff and torch were nerfed a bit.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

I run 0/20/20/20/10 for my spvp build. Sword/Focus and Staff. My damage (condition included) is pretty pathetic, but I’m a serious pain in the kitten to kill.

And I thought I was the only one

I originally had the 20 points from Duelist in the last 2 lines but changed it up because the create clone on dodge is just so handy.

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

Actually confusion was BUFFED for pve due to enemies attacking much less, wvw uses the same patches as pve

Well yea but i used to go scepter torch for confusion for simple purpose and i really didnt find it all good because monsters attack soooooo slowwwwww lol

But anyway ima go ahead and lvl this mes up if it kills me and it probably will till the next patch xD but i got to get started soon or ill never hit 80 all ive been doing is spvp its so much fun xD

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Bunker mesmer is really so-so in spvp, just tried in tpvp (I mean a real bunker, with Deffender, Shaman amulet, Earth runes). You can always go suicide spec (On kill traits, bounce, undead runes) or a phantasm build with 0/0/15/15/5 as a base and be as good.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

A decent (7+) stack of confusion in WvW hits well over 1k. It’s more in the 3-5k range with a condition setup. Combo that with Feedback and a shortbow ranger will die so fast… The hard part is actually getting your clones/phants to the ranger(or whomever) for Cry of Frustration along with Scepter #3.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Mesmer’s do not make the best bunkers in my opinion due to the fact that they do not have any form of stability.

Mantra of Concentration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Mesmer’s do not make the best bunkers in my opinion due to the fact that they do not have any form of stability.

Mantra of Concentration.

is so bad

in Mesmer

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Hi guys,

Mesmer’s do not make the best bunkers in my opinion due to the fact that they do not have any form of stability. Protection up time can be decent with mesmer if your enemy is too stupid to kill your phantasms that have 500 health once taking note that they are not getting hurt because you’re a vitality/toughness build and your condition stacking is mostly confusion and bleeding and feeble due to needing the extra survivability. This reply is entirely PvP oriented.

All in all, there are many better options for bunkering before mesmer would be considered a good choice. Good bunkers have a lot of boon up-time especially on protection and regen. Mesmer is far too reliant on illusions to be expected to bunker effectively against an intelligent foe.

No form of stability? Read your mantras again… instant cast stability charges with no cast animation.

A phantasmal defender is also decent when used properly for trying to hold a point.

I do agree with you though… we don’t make good bunkers due to our need to avoid damage rather than soak it… that means we have to be mobile and mitigate any damage as much as possible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Yay, someone else who also uses staff + sword/sword! :-D It’s good to know that it can be used in fractal 12+. I run a similar build using 0/20/25/0/25, but I’ll give yours a try (that is, if none of the traits/skills got nerfed).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Hi guys,

No form of stability? Read your mantras again… instant cast stability charges with no cast animation.

A phantasmal defender is also decent when used properly for trying to hold a point.

I do agree with you though… we don’t make good bunkers due to our need to avoid damage rather than soak it… that means we have to be mobile and mitigate any damage as much as possible.

If mantra’s were usable in a bunker build I may have mentioned them, but since they was completely useless kitten I did not. When you have to hold off 2-3 people on a point in PvP while you wait for your teammates to back you up running a kittenty mantra is not going to help you. You are better off with the illusionary defender and ANYBODY with a knockback is going to laugh at you, knock you off point and neutralize it before you even stand up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

However I dont give out my build information, but to let you know their is bunker builds for mez.

Very useful post right there. keep em coming 11/10.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

For sPvP and tPvP I’ve been running 20/20/20/0/10 as my basic everything build and swap traits to whatever I need, was running it earlier today with a Soldier’s Amulet, Sword/Sword & Staff.

20 in Dom for Clone Death = Cripple & Boon Stripping on Shatter
20 in Duel for Clone on Dodge & either Sword CDR or Phantasmal Fury (depending on Amulet)
20 in Chaos for Staff CDR & Damage Redux per illusion
0 in Illusions because any Amulet I’m going to use is gonna have vitality on it
10 in Illusions for Any Trait that is appropriate given Amulet

This provided me with enough damage to move a Bunker in tPvP and enough survivability to endure 1v2s or 1v3s for a fair amount of time until allies arrive. Runes vary greatly depending on what you want to do. The build is very versatile, and while definitely not the best at any one thing it’ll do everything you need no matter where you go, it’s by far the most balanced build I’ve played on Mesmer yet. Currently been running Runes of Lyssa with Mass Invis Elite for dealing with Condition based builds, Phantasmal Defender for defending about power builds, Blink/Decoy for dropping targetting, Null Field because it’s just that good.

Tomorrow all this is likely to change though. Oh well, I’m hopeful it’ll be more fun and interesting.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

And I thought I was the only one

I originally had the 20 points from Duelist in the last 2 lines but changed it up because the create clone on dodge is just so handy.

As did I. Clone on dodge is just too useful to not use (since you get sword cooldown then as well).

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Yay, someone else who also uses staff + sword/sword! :-D It’s good to know that it can be used in fractal 12+. I run a similar build using 0/20/25/0/25, but I’ll give yours a try (that is, if none of the traits/skills got nerfed).

Staff is a give, and I’ve just always loved playing a caster with swords. Plus they are great for defensive play as well as awesome offensive weapons. I’ll have to try out the 0/20/25/0/25 build later.

Oh, and you can be sure it will nerfed it is a mesmer build after all.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

I have a 0/10/30/30/0 build that is centered around support..rezzing allies and what not. I am full toughness and vitality in my build (obviously) and I am full toughness and vit on my exotic armor. I am just shy of 28k health. Use a staff and scepter/focus.

I was two shot by a thief 2 nights ago…I have since then stopped playing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Mantra of Concentration.

is so bad

That’s great, but is it or is it not a form of stability?

Because it is, and that is all I was trying to say.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shady C.5041

Shady C.5041

You are not the original creator of whatever builds you are using, and thousands of people are using them as we speak.

You might as well just help a brother out.