Is this mesmer legit?

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Hi, i don’t play a mesmer, so pardon my ignorance.

but this mesmer seems to block everything. is this a new ‘guardian’ build for mesmers?

this video is not that absurd, there was once where 8 people gang her and she didn’t even drop a bit of hp.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

She used Blurred Frenzy (2s invulnerability), Mimic (4s of blocks), and Distortion (1s of evasion for each clone shattered).

There’s nothing new about this.

Answer: Yes.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mimic

“After a projectile has been absorbed, the remaining duration will reflect all projectiles and block all other attacks. "

And some fun fact about mimic. U can trigger the “Block” with ur own “Buff” projectile or “ally Buff” Projectile. For example GS mesmer has Mirror Blade. The Blade will hit the target and then bounce back to Mesmer. Before the bounce arrives press Mimic and the Mimic “Stored” that projectile resulting block all Melee atk and reflect enemy projectile. ANother example with Guardian Staff #2. The Moving heal Orb. If that Orb passes the Mesmer while channeling the Mimic. The Orb is stored too.

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Got to love mimic – people just don’t expect it.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

legit meaning what.. that he went from 100% hp to 25% while not moving your hp at all then ran for his life.. i guess thats legit.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

All I see is a Mesmer blowing through all her defensive abilities in order to Block or become invulnerable to attacks for a few seconds. Doesn’t matter if there’s 1 or over 9000 people hitting you during that period.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blurred_Frenzy
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion

You, as a Guardian, have similar abilities which do the same thing. For instance Shelter: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shelter

Also, here’s some general info on abilities that allow the Block/Invulnerable mechanic:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerable

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Zackie.8923

cool, so it’s basically a block build that does jack

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Also that you can move with mimic… wonder why she did not do that… but I did not see anything wrong in that fight… your guardian HP did not move at all, just after her blocks/evades ran out, her health just dropped.

You could have been in more trouble if you used ranged attacks, mostly cause mimic reflects all ranged so IF you ran this you would have mostly killed yourself.

Mimic is recommended for the following:
Zerker warrior that does killshot, store it, burst his HP, and mimic, he is down

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

fought her recently in ebgs. CDvsSOSvsSBI right? Was talking with some people on CD side, the consensus is that somehow she’s stealthing for extended periods, above and beyond the cd of decoy, and blinking far too often.

She had about 10 of us CD folk chasing her around for a good ten minutes.

Some people on the map have already reported her for exploiting or hacking, but without name plates we can only guess the identity.

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)

(edited by Catharsis.8571)

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

fought her recently in ebgs. CDvsSOSvsSBI right? Was talking with some people on CD side, the consensus is that somehow she’s stealthing for extended periods, above and beyond the cd of decoy, and blinking far too often.

Some people on the map have already reported her for exploiting or hacking, but without name plates we can only guess the identity.

If she’s traited into Chaos then her Phase Retreat is only 5 second CD and she may also have the +1 duration on stealth GM trait. Does she run with a Torch? Traited CD on Prestige stealth is only 20 seconds from when appears.

From that video I don’t see anything at all that would suggest she was hacking at all.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

sword/focus and staff. so that’s just decoy and mass invis available

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

ya seems like someone being awesome by being useless. its like all the bunkers in spvp who dont die but dont kill anything then lol in chat saying “you cant kill me”.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

“After a projectile has been absorbed, the remaining duration will reflect all projectiles and block all other attacks. "

And some fun fact about mimic. U can trigger the “Block” with ur own “Buff” projectile or “ally Buff” Projectile. For example GS mesmer has Mirror Blade. The Blade will hit the target and then bounce back to Mesmer. Before the bounce arrives press Mimic and the Mimic “Stored” that projectile resulting block all Melee atk and reflect enemy projectile. ANother example with Guardian Staff #2. The Moving heal Orb. If that Orb passes the Mesmer while channeling the Mimic. The Orb is stored too.

Incoming Mimic nerf

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Generally when a player doesn’t take damage for the first few seconds of opening combat then their HP suddenly tanks you can bet they blew defensive cooldowns…. just stating the obvious when you don’t know if they are “legit” or not for not taking damage -.-. It was clearly them using defensive cds.

Your health didn’t move either maybe you are hacking…. just saying. lol oh wait you regen’d eyeroll

Sorry for the sarcasm just seems like the OP is lacking a bit of common sense.

(edited by Namu.5712)

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Zackie.8923

She had a commander tag on sometimes. so i reckon SoS people will know her.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

a mez that knows sup, that’s all.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Zackie.8923

Generally when a player doesn’t take damage for the first few seconds of opening combat then their HP suddenly tanks you can bet they blew defensive cooldowns…. just stating the obvious when you don’t know if they are “legit” or not for not taking damage -.-. It was clearly them using defensive cds.

Your health didn’t move either maybe you are hacking…. just saying. lol oh wait you regen’d eyeroll

i am asking if a mesmer is able to block/invul for such long periods because i don’t play a mesmer.

i am not asking if someone is “blowing their defensive skills”.

Please tell your teacher to give you more makeup lessons on comprehension skills.

oh, and sorry for the sarcasm blah blah blah

(edited by Zackie.8923)

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

yes, this is legit, they could have had 4 more seconds of invuln if they had the shatter recharge trait at 50% health.

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

never knew that trick with your own skill, thanks

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Says the Guardian that didnt loose a single hp…

A Mesmer on the defensive can both avoid and soak up quite a bit of damage. It can match the Guardian in nearly every aspect. Now, if 8 players is on the Mesmer and all 8 dies in 5 seconds, then you can start to wonder if its legit. Because any defensive spec does fairly low damage overall.

Now, tell me again how much that Mesmer hurt your poor little Guardian?

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Yeah, all I noticed was the mesmer lived about 31 seconds longer than I would have on mine.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Mesmers can be very effective bunkers =)

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Is this mesmer legit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

i am asking if a mesmer is able to block/invul for such long periods because i don’t play a mesmer.

i am not asking if someone is “blowing their defensive skills”.

Please tell your teacher to give you more makeup lessons on comprehension skills.

oh, and sorry for the sarcasm blah blah blah

Just for the record what you spouted wasn’t sarcasm… just sayin