Is time warp considered a glamour skill?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Is time warp considered a glamour skill? If so, does glamour mastery (inspiration II) reduce its cool down?

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

it isnt a glamour skill, cant answer to the second question (id say no) but if that trait would affect it, it would be a bug.
perhaps you are confused because its an ethereal field like most of glamours?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

The question arose just from the lack of description in the tool tip as to which, if any, category it fell into. Yes, the ethereal field part also makes me think glamour. I haven’t traited any in illusions yet, so I haven’t had an opportunity to try glamour mastery yet myself…I just got time warp yesterday. Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that something could reduce that monstrous cool down of time warp. I prefer to only slot abilities that have shorter cool downs, but I just can’t pass up time warp vs the alternatives.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

As far as what defines a ‘glamour’ it technically should be. However, it was never labeled as one, likely because of the potential traiting benefits.

The only elite we can trait is Mass Invis with Prismatic Understanding.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I too believe it was intentionally left out so that it couldn’t have trait benefits I find it quite sad as it would be awesome to lay it over an enemy, watch them hightail it out, only to get confused (and what’s ironic is I don’t think Timewarp affects enemies at all) and you can jump in and pump out dps like no tomorrow.

Now that I think about it, why doens’t timewarp slow enemy’s cooldowns by 50% when used on them? That would rock!

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

cause it would be more op than the current time warp. absolutely op.
BUT, its already op so why not? mesmers need to dominate everything, we also have a traits line for that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

glamors are a category of utility skills, like how they categorize signets, mantras etc.

so the only glamours are utilities

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

Time warp skill cool down is not to bad compared to human elite skills. but its not a glammer and time warp can also kill you fast. if you have confusion on you and you are able to spam skills very rapitally you can down your self lol.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

glamors are a category of utility skills, like how they categorize signets, mantras etc.

so the only glamours are utilities

Well, some elites are typed skills. For example, the ele glyph of elementals, or thief basilisk venom.

However, time warp is far too strong of a skill to put a recharge lowering trait on it. Additionally, the 3 other glamour enhancing traits would apply to it, and that would make it REALLY overpowered.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

You can combo field from it as it is an ethereal field…I assume it is a glamour…

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

man use the brain, ethereal field doesnt mean glamour. chaos storm is a glamour too? no.
it SEEMS a glamour, dome/colors/support for team… the point is that there are a lot of traits about this kind of utility that would make time warp a “log out or get killed in half a second” skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

it isnt, im using the glamour recharge cd in my build but it dont reduce time warp cd, would be way too op too… 11sec duration instead of 10 and 20% less cd and blind ppl who goes in and then have the trait confuses ppl when you blind them… i dont even want to think about how stupid it would be

@Kenage: well its called awareness… simply dont spam skills when youa re confused, unless it is a condition removal or heal maybe, and if you dont realise this sepcaily as a mesmer, well you really should get a bit more awareness sense

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

I still use it cuz it’s another ethereal field. That’s the point is you can do combos out of it…who cares about the extra perks of glamour skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

“man use the brain, ethereal field doesnt mean glamour. chaos storm is a glamour too? no.
it SEEMS a glamour, dome/colors/support for team… the point is that there are a lot of traits about this kind of utility that would make time warp a “log out or get killed in half a second” skill.”

Focus skill 5. It doesn’t say it is a glamour, but if you trait glamour skills, all the spec’s you put into it will affect focus 5..even though it doesn’t state it is a glamour skill. It is a legit question, especially to a new player. A lot of the mesmer skills for the first year were wrongly named and stated, especially the mantra’s. You would ready one mantra, then above your utility slots the readied mantra would have a completely different name. Since release many skills have had their descriptions changed to better clarify what they do. Also with mesmer traits you can spec phantasm’s to recharge faster independent of whatever weapon your using. You can also decrease recharge of weapon skills themselves that will always have a phantasm assigned to them. In other words a mesmer can reduce cool downs specific to a weapon or phantasm..so it makes it a legit question if an elite is counted as a glamour to a new player.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

gj necroing a 2 month old thread.

but do you mean focus 4? cus 5 is a phantasm.

and if you mean focus 4, it’s not a glamour and glamour related traits dont effect it. it’s not even a ethereal field, it’s light field.

i guess if you can’t read skill and trait descriptions, then yeah it can be confusing, for everyone else, i think it’s perfectly clear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I find traits affecting Elite skills (unless it’s a trait specifically for elites, like the one for Engineers!) really weird.

Take for example the Engineer Elixir traits affecting Elixir X: that just ruins any balance effort because they could never buff Elixir X to be useful on it’s own. It’d be overpowered in an elixir spec.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

@CtrlAltDefeat
A very confused post.
I dont think you read the whole discussion, never mind the date of the posts. My last reply (the one you quoted) was for the phrase “I assume its a glamour because it acts as an ethereal field”. It was not from the op but from someone that did not read, again, the whole discussion.
Regarding mantras, you charge mantra of pain -> You can use power spike. It makes sense, you say some words (the mantra) and gain a skill from them.
Phantasmal haste can be misunderstood but wiki helps here, it works for phantasmal attacks. Weapon traits are a different thing, again it makes sense that if there is a phantasm in the skillset and the trait reduces the CDs of 20%, the phantasm skill cd will be affected.
For everything else I would just repeat what wads said, we can complain about some descriptions but most of them are ok.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Now that Quickness has been nerfed, I think Anet may wish to consider making Time Warp a Glamour skill. Particularly since all other forms of Quickness have gotten reciprocal buffs.

Then again I’d really like to play the Mesmer without feeling I must take skills like Time Warp whenever I play with a group, so I dunno. From a purely selfish point of view I’d rather Time Warp be nerfed more actually, as it’s still pretty much compulsory for Mesmers in groups.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Time warp skill cool down is not to bad compared to human elite skills. but its not a glammer and time warp can also kill you fast. if you have confusion on you and you are able to spam skills very rapitally you can down your self lol.

Quickness can be a bit weird in other ways, for example (most) leaps only travel half the distance under Quickness.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Quickness can be a bit weird in other ways, for example (most) leaps only travel half the distance under Quickness.

Casting fields while under Quickness causes them to expire quicker, which is a problem for non-ticking fields like Feedback.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dess.4391

Dess.4391

Casting fields while under Quickness causes them to expire quicker, which is a problem for non-ticking fields like Feedback.

And not to mention Blurred Frenzy last only 1 sec instead of 2 in TW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Guardians have one adept trait “Consecration skills recharge 20% faster and last longer.” while mesmers need two traits for “Glamour skills recharge 20% faster.” and “Glamour skills last longer.”, while one is adept and the other master. Both affect 4 skills.
So, put the meser ones together and make the master trait equal to guardians master trait “Elite skills last longer.”

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Guardians have one adept trait “Consecration skills recharge 20% faster and last longer.” while mesmers need two traits for “Glamour skills recharge 20% faster.” and “Glamour skills last longer.”, while one is adept and the other master. Both affect 4 skills.
So, put the meser ones together and make the master trait equal to guardians master trait “Elite skills last longer.”

Classes aren’t directly comparable. Partially because Consecration skills aren’t carbon copies of Glamous skills, partially because Guardians outside of Consecration skills aren’t carbon copies of Mesmers outside of Glamour skills.

If the above were not true, all traits would have to be identical, by the same reason you provided for Glamour/Consecration specifically.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

It’s not a bad point however. When have you ever seen people take Temporal Enchanter? A lot of professions have undergone trait condensation (and overhaul) around Beta and Release, the Mesmer didn’t.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I think the problem with Temporal Enchanter is merely the number. -20% CD yields higher uptime and higher flexibility compared to +20% duration.

Now, buff Temporal Enchanter to “Glamour abilities last 20% longer and persist up to 20 seconds if not utilized”, and we’re talking. It’s still just a duration boost, but it’s a really powerful duration boost which also increases flexibility. It’s also very different from the -CD trait.

Ofc, they could be condensed, sure. Though in that case I’d rather axe Temporal Enchanter entirely and buff the -CD trait to 25% or so. Or just reduce the CD on Portal to something usable, that’d be ok with me, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, with the latest changes (-50% atkspd), the current behaviour (max 5 players) of TimeWarp, the latest change of other Quickness skills (+dura, -penalty) and the current trait constellations (two traits for -CD and +dura), it might still be fair to make TimeWarp a glamour skill.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Still, is Elites affected by general traits a good design choice? Shouldn’t elites be selected per-situation, not per-build?

Yes I know, Warbanner, Elixir X, Spirit of Nature, there’s plenty examples. But really, does that mean we should want it for Mesmers? Or rather want it removed (or rather, the traits folded for elite-skills only!) for everyone, so Elites aren’t spec-dependent?

I mean I’m fine with a trait like Elite Supplies for Engineers, which affects all elites and is specifically an elite-buffing trait.

If I had to think of one for us, maybe:

Mass Illusion either GM Illusions or GM Chaos
Non-controllable temporary clones are generated rapidly to confuse enemies when using your elite abilities.
Moa Morph creates clones when the morphed target tries to attack, and switches their target randomly with one of the clones.
Time Warp creates clones of affected friendly players.
Mass Invisibility creates clones of affected players which are then affected by Revealed.

(edited by Carighan.6758)