Issues with mes leap finishers

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Ok, not sure if its always been this way or something Anet broke again on mesmers recently, but I have tested extensively with my friend in HotM and this is my observation:

Our two unique teleport skills that also count as leap finishers, namely, Sword #3 Swap and Staff #2 Phase Retreat. At right now, they simply do not work in a similar fashion with any other leap finisher skill in the game.

Normal leap finisher skill: if u leap thru a combo field, the combo will proc regardless whether u leap into from outside, leap out from inside, or simply leap within the combo field.

Our teleport skills, however, do not proc leap finisher combo if u leap from outside the field into it.

I have tried putting down Null Field behind me then Phase Retreat into it, no Chaos Armor. Also tried putting down Feedback/Null Field in front and iLeap/Swap into it but only the clone gets Chaos Armor. And i swear it worked for me before… so I dont know.

Can someone confirm this? If its the case, we should totally report this bug in a thread in the bug sub-forum.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Only the “swap” part is a combo finisher now. This was intentionally changed in the Sept. feature pack when iLeap was changed to have the clone summon next to the target.

You should still be able to combo with your own fields. However, your field would need to be at the destination of your clone/swap. (I believe the swap part always functioned like this.)

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Only the “swap” part is a combo finisher now. This was intentionally changed in the Sept. feature pack when iLeap was changed to have the clone summon next to the target.

You should still be able to combo with your own fields. However, your field would need to be at the destination of your clone/swap. (I believe the swap part always functioned like this.)

I am aware of all this but if u test it out you will see it doesn’t work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebbl.2806

Sebbl.2806

Cannot confirm. Got the Chaos armor buff when using Swap in my own Null Field.
And sorry for the screenshot quality.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Cannot confirm. Got the Chaos armor buff when using Swap in my own Null Field.
And sorry for the screenshot quality.

Did u stand outside Null Field when u pressed Swap?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

These two skills count as a leap only at the first action. Aka the beginning of the skill. It’s always been this way however swap is a bit more picky now about what and where fields need to be

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

These two skills count as a leap only at the first action. Aka the beginning of the skill. It’s always been this way however swap is a bit more picky now about what and where fields need to be

No, leap no longer counts as a leap finisher at all. This was changed when they changed the leap functionality.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

actually heres the full break down after a fast test just to be sure…. Also i said “count as a leap” not iLeap.. i was referring to Swap.

Phase retreat – working as always / must start inside of a combo field to apply leap finisher.

iLeap – Use never procs leap finisher – Clone procs leap finisher if it spawns inside of a combo field.

Swap – User Must start inside of a field to proc leap finisher effect, ending point does not need a field. If clone is inside of the/a field when swap is used it will not gain the leap finisher effect. If the clone ends in a field it still will not proc the leap finisher.

tldr;

iLeap only effects clones (leap finishers) : Must be summoned inside of Combo Field.

Swap and Phase Retreat only effects the Player (leap finishers) : Must start inside of Combo field

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Thanks Swish for testing and confirming my observation.
Now if it is intended then it does seem a bit unfair for us as mesmers.

(edited by keenlam.4753)