Its Been A While wink wink

in Mesmer

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

Hi everyone, my situation is this. Been away for about 6 months and was thinking of getting back into gw2 but im worried.
I use to main a pp thief before there removed it, then went ranger for the last year/ 2 years.
The chromomancer caught my eye but ive never played a mesmer.
So basically is chronomancer any good for pve and abit of wvw, dont play pvp.
Also i know il need the HoT expansion but am i too far gone to even get into it eg map events deserted cause everyone already got everything.out of them and so on.
Writing this on a phone so sorry for punctuation and spelling lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

map events in HoT are still live, and easier than when the HoT came out (ppl learned).
Chrono is awesome in all the game modes if ur ok with playing support primarilly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Use the LFG tool and http://gw2.ninja/timer to get into HoT map events.

The AB meta needs to be completed 100 times for an achievement, and the TD meta is farmed for Chak Eggs (for a weapon collection). VB is also done frequently for the Bladed Armour pieces. DS is also done frequently because it’s a unique source of quite a few stat combinations and Cryst Ore. All in all, the HoT map events won’t be dying out any time soon.

As for running a mes in HoT, I’ve been using full zerk Chrono with Blink, Time Warp, and some wells. Well of precognition has taken my decoy slot, and well of recall allows for more frequent casting of spells. All in all great for world/group events. If you’re just roaming around or opening chests, consider taking the older skills like decoy, mass invis, and mantra of resolve. I’ve dropped the mantra from my solo build though, for the inspiration trait line for condi cleanse on shatter. Defensive skills/traits are a definite must in HoT for sure, especially when you are fighting things like Chak that hit hard but have low hp. And you’ll want to be running zerk/assassin for the damage output.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Mesmer

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

So all in all chromomancer is good for solo and the events in HoT are still populated

What about skill rotation, I’m not very quick when it comes to combat haha do you have to be a fast skill basher to be successful with chromo?