Just another mesmer burst

in Mesmer

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

1st Watch it
(its a fast video like 12 secs)

2nd: Its clear to me thats this is a broken game right now. Enjoy.

Disclaimer 1: Im not full zerker i run some Knights(power precision toughness) armors and amulets/rings. I was running Signet of Stone(180 passive toughess) plus toughness utility food

Disclaimer 2: It were only 1 mesmer atacking me, i checked damage logs. You can notice i checked damage logs right after the stomp, i couldnt believe in what i just saw.

(edited by WilnerGW.3275)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Not really related to the topic, but that burst was kinda easy to avoid.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Sure. I was focusing any1 else and she came from STEALTH with like 4m from me. Very easy to avoid.

Plus i was chanelling a skill(rapid fire), then her interrupt mantra applied immobilize on me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Everyones damage/burst is higher right now. Mesmer burst was always high, now with this power creep everyones burst is just stupidly high.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

There was no way he could avoid that. Granted, he could have used his camera better, but there was no way he could react from 16k to 300 hp instantly lol.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t think that Mesmer needed stealth tbh, you weren’t looking behind and it could have quite easily been a thief. Coulda been a frenzy killshot or frenzy 100b warrior too and they’d have downed you as fast.

Thief steal into backstab and heart seeker with the quickness when attacking from behind trait, would take the same time and instagib you.

I’ve tried running with toughness in WvW recently, it doesn’t feel like it does much against any zerker not just Mesmer.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

There was no way he could avoid that. Granted, he could have used his camera better, but there was no way he could react from 16k to 300 hp instantly lol.

Exactly.

Coulda been a frenzy killshot or frenzy 100b warrior too and they’d have downed you as fast.

Thief steal into backstab and heart seeker with the quickness when attacking from behind trait, would take the same time and instagib you.

Theifs and warriors have insane burst too, but not as mesmer burst. Plus, about the warrior, its SO MUCH HARDER for a warrior to set up a burst with 100 lb than for a mesmer.

Thiefs and warriors are are OK imo atm. Im not trying to defend thief/warrior cuz ive never playe them(i only play ranged builds). I just have to admit they arent not OP atm;

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

1) I run full zerk on my ranger except for one soldiers backpack and one celestial accessory and I have 200HP more than you, so you must probably be practically full berserker.

2) I ran into the same insane damage before on my necro but thankfully I saw the mesmer going into invis before engaging so I was prepared and well my shroud saved me.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

1) I run full zerk on my ranger except for one soldiers backpack and one celestial accessory and I have 200HP more than you, so you must probably be practically full berserker.

2) I ran into the same insane damage before on my necro but thankfully I saw the mesmer going into invis before engaging so I was prepared and well my shroud saved me.

Im not full zerker i run some Knight stats. It gives toughness bonus not Vitaility man…

Well u might avoid a mesmer burst ina duel or something like that.. or even if u see her going stealth. But in my situation i coudnt do anything. Btw if it were a warrior im sure i could do something, i would have SO MUCH MORE time to react. trust me i fight warriors alot of times.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

That burst was not instant. After the first Mirror Blade bounce he could reacted if he paid attention. But yes, burst damage across the board is higher now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

With such burst in WvW roaming, protective ward is a must-have.
Just some extra toughness from gear won’t help you from getting one-shot.
Also remember WvW has crazy food utility stack buffs. A well-geared mesmer can get to 2600+ power.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

On a positive side, they will remove guard stacks with the expansion, so that will lower the damage a bit.

The thing with mesmer power is: The pre-patch shatter build had to get 300 useless condi damage from going Illusions. With IP baseline and stats only coming from gear now, those 300 stats (+ extra because of power creep) now went into power.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

That burst was not instant. After the first Mirror Blade bounce he could reacted if he paid attention. But yes, burst damage across the board is higher now.

“The problem is you not the burst”.

I wouldnt expect another answer from a mesmer youtube streamer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Paranoia is crucial in WvW roaming. If you’re not constantly checking your surroundings, or placing your back to the right walls, this is going to happen. It’s always been this way.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

The burst is basically the same as pre-patch. The only things that changed are:
- 1 Bounce on Mirror Blade (~2k damage)
- Overall damage increase

Stealth wasn’t necessary in this case as he came from off the camera.

I’m not saying, that this level of damage is ok, but this is not a mesmer-specific issue.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

The damage is definitely insane though.
He got hit by 3 mirror blades+2mind wracks+fire/air. Every single hit was a crit(quite unlucky as well). The mind wrack crits 3.7k and 3.9k.

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Theifs and warriors have insane burst too, but not as mesmer burst. Plus, about the warrior, its SO MUCH HARDER for a warrior to set up a burst with 100 lb than for a mesmer.

Thiefs and warriors are are OK imo atm. Im not trying to defend thief/warrior cuz ive never playe them(i only play ranged builds). I just have to admit they arent not OP atm;

It wouldn’t have mattered what class it was, whether it be fresh air ele, killshot warrior, mediguard, mesmer, thief, SD engy or necro, you weren’t looking behind you so you never saw it coming.

If you were looking behind you, you’d have seen the mesmer either stealth or throw the mirror blade and could have dodged it. You weren’t so you didn’t see the tells and got killed because of it and I guarantee all other classes except maybe ranger could have burst you down that fast.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Paranoia is crucial in WvW roaming. If you’re not constantly checking your surroundings, or placing your back to the right walls, this is going to happen. It’s always been this way.

Well i know. The weird part is that i never got killed that fast by any other profession. Even Backstab thiefs takes more time to kill me.

Im not sure about the build before path, but i think the meta GS zerker build didnt take the power block trait. Im i right? This trait made very harder to avoid burst. Plus if a mesmer interrupts your healing skill…good luck

I know every1 got acess to new traits lol im just saying its OP atm.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

The meta shatter build was 4/4/0/0/6 and took Halting Strike, which is basically the damage part of Power Block.

What you mean is probably Confounding Suggestions, which was a GM pre-patch and wasn’t taken my many mesmers. Although in that short timespan i don’t know if stun <> daze made a big difference.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

It wouldn’t have mattered what class it was, whether it be fresh air ele, killshot warrior, mediguard, mesmer, thief, SD engy or necro, you weren’t looking behind you so you never saw it coming.

If you were looking behind you, you’d have seen the mesmer either stealth or throw the mirror blade and could have dodged it. You weren’t so you didn’t see the tells and got killed because of it and I guarantee all other classes except maybe ranger could have burst you down that fast.

Ive playing like 5 hours/day after patch and another professions cant kill me that fast. Ive been playing against all builds and professions. Except S/F Eles, this 1 i didnt fight that much, maybe they can kill that fast too. But not to mention they dont have stealth and are so much more vulnerable than a mesmer(imo ofc).

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Ive playing like 5 hours/day after patch and another professions cant kill me that fast. Ive been playing against all builds and professions. Except S/F Eles, this 1 i didnt fight that much, maybe they can kill that fast too. But not to mention they dont have stealth and are so much more vulnerable then a mesmer(imo ofc).

You are also very unlucky though. All five hits are crit, with 55% crit chance that zerker mesmer has it is only 0.55^5= 5% chance that every hit results in a crit.

Besides, you didn’t get interrupt or stun or immbo. It is indeed very hard to avoid but only if you paid attention.

As I suggested, you need protective ward for roaming. It completely negates the first burst from mesmer or thief. That attack in vid would do hilariously low damage.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

You are also very unlucky though. All five hits are crit, with 55% crit chance that zerker mesmer has it is only 0.55^5= 5% chance that every hit results in a crit.

Besides, you didn’t get interrupt or stun or immbo. It is indeed very hard to avoid but only if you paid attention.

As I suggested, you need protective ward for roaming. It completely negates the first burst from mesmer or thief. That attack in vid would do hilariously low damage.

Yep the Nature Magic master trait helps alot. But i cant give up the Quick Draw on WvW.(2x Swoop and 2x Hunters shoot are AMAZING to desingage ganks and zergs. With this trrait i have crazy mobility. just cant dont take it on open WvW)

Anyways even thiefs(that should be mesmers natural counter) are QQing about mesmer after patch, so its clear that something is wrong.(And yes im QQing hehe ;p)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Well i know. The weird part is that i never got killed that fast by any other profession. Even Backstab thiefs takes more time to kill me.

Im not sure about the build before path, but i think the meta GS zerker build didnt take the power block trait. Im i right? This trait made very harder to avoid burst. Plus if a mesmer interrupts your healing skill…good luck

I know every1 got acess to new traits lol im just saying its OP atm.

There are countless video’s uploaded of roaming shatter mesmer WvW montages pre-patch. There was at least one new video every week posted on the forums. It’s nothing new but the post-patch sensitivities of the gw2 player base are in full swing atm.

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Everyone was QQing about ranger rapid fire after its buff patch, doesn’t mean it’s all justified.

Oh and the irony about that is they buffed ranger longbow in this patch lol.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yep the Nature Magic master trait helps alot. But i cant give up the Quick Draw on WvW.(2x Swoop and 2x Hunters shoot are AMAZING to desingage ganks and zergs. With this trrait i have crazy mobility. just cant dont take it on open WvW)

Anyways even thiefs(that should be mesmers natural counter) are QQing about mesmer after patch, so its clear that something is wrong.(And yes im QQing hehe ;p)

Oh and this bolded bit? That’s rubbish.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

You don’t have to give up quick draw(amazing trait indeed). I like to take skirmishing/wilderness survival/nature magic OR skirmishing/beast mastery/nature magic. The weakness trait in beastmastery line is also great.

I do find mesmer CS way too strong. But I never found the burst damage a problem. Thieves QQ is bullkitten. Many of them even claim they are 50-50 against mesmer before patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

We should keep in mind that the game is mostly balanced around PvP and there are a lot of extra factors in wvw; food, guard stacks, ascended gear… I’m not saying to that to justify that burst just to remind everyone to seperate balance complains.

Having said that, i used to main Mesmer in the old days, mainly in WvW. You could def oneshot the occasinal squishy, but if what OP says is true and he had a few knight pieces+ toughness food, the burst we see in the vid wouldn’t have been possible.

There seem to be 2 major points of discussion in this thread.

1. Reaction Time (L2Dodge).
The burst is kinda split, first OP goes down to about 300 health in less than 0.5 sec and then gets finished a tad later, overall in the span of a bit more than 1 sec.

I will argue that most players would be able to dodge it if they knew it was comming and the OP should have had better awarness of his surroundings. Having said that tho, i think most players would not be able to dodge it without aticipating it. The mesmer could also have easily thrown in a stun to seal the deal.

2. “Damage is high across the board, other classes could have done the same.”
Damage is too high and it does show, especially in WvW, i think we can agree on that.
Hopefully there will be some adjustments soon.

Conscerning the second part, there are only 2, maybe 3 other classes that could do the same.
A killshot warrior could have maybe 1shot the ranger too, but it would require might stacks and in most cases its very unlikely that they can get anywhere close to you without noticing. So while yes, it is possible, the situations where its possible are fewer. In addition killshot is more of a 1 trick pony. It has a lot of weaknesses.

Burn guard. This build has a crazy condi burst potential and can also almost instagib players. It will however take longer to apply the appropriate amount of stacks, it also takes longer to kill and it also has a lot harder time to approach unnoticed.

Backstab thief. As seen by my signature i main thief these days. I roam quite a bit in wvw with the meta d/p build, full ascended gear, food and guard buffs. I have landed up to 13k crits with backstabs on squishies (zerker necros, mesmer and eles) which amouts to around 15-16k with mug and sigil proccs in extreme cases. There is however no way that it would be possible on a ranger without additional might. Especially if said ranger is running some knights pieces. My best guess is that a backstab would have hit for up to 10-11k, 13k with mug and sigils.

Conclusion.
Mesmers where in a weak spot before the patch and needed some good buffs. The baseline changes were really welcome and well picked. I do howver also think that a few traits are in need of shaving, it is not suprising that while they buffed one of the weakest classes they might have underestimated the impact of all those changes at the same time.

tl;dr mesmer finally good, maybe a tad too strong

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation

(edited by Decus.8602)

in Mesmer

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

I wouldn’t pay any attention to the unreasonable and frankly disingenuous comments from fellow Mesmers saying you could have avoided this insane burst from stealth. They know it’ll quite rightly be toned down soon.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I suppose it was a sarcasm… I hope it was.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I wouldn’t pay any attention to the unreasonable and frankly disingenuous comments from fellow Mesmers saying you could have avoided this insane burst from stealth. They know it’ll quite rightly be toned down soon.

Most Mesmers here have already admitted that certain traits needed to be shaved that can be argued. Heck more than most.
And the fact that the Mesmer burst from stealth is just icing on the cake for QQ’s. It could have as easily blinked in combo’ed and shattered or just plain walked up doe the OP wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings.
Happened to me last night when I was fighting another Mesmer and necro. A thief appeared to Rez the necro as I was trying to stomp so I disengage but lo and behold an ele I never knew was there kills me. Situational awareness is more important in WvW and anything.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

The funny part is you waited and watched that other Mesmer. The hunter became the prey. You engaged and almost dropped your target. Would this be an issue if you rapid fired that other Mesmer? You tried to do the very same thing your upset about.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

I suppose it was a sarcasm… I hope it was.

It wasn’t appropriate, that much for sure. The burst would be easier to avoid/anticipate if the mesmer’s presence was known beforehand, but in this case he could have prevented the last hit by pressing Signet of Stone fast enough and maybe disengage with LB stealth + swoop.

But it’s always easier to point out these things when watching a video than doing split second decisions ingame.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

“You just need to predict and react to the <1s stunlock KO burst from stealth. L2P.”

Why can’t we just have a fun and balanced game? This is like when Engineers tried to defend the insta-kill Grenade Barrage, and I say that as an Engie main.

You should be explaining to Anet how to change the Mesmer so that the build gets toned down without becoming underpowered, not denying that there’s a problem at all and calling everyone else bad.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

The problem is damage running high on all classes. The ranger was trying to do the same thing but he/she got caught. The damage needs to be looked at before class nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The thing is that this video is such an awful example of mesmer burst or stealth being overpowered.

The mesmer comes from behind him. The exact same thing would have happened if any of the following situations happened instead:

• A thief burst him
  • A warrior channeled kill shot offscreen
  • A fresh air ele walked up and burst him
  • A power necro walked up and burst him
  • A static discharge engie walked up and burst him
  • A glassy ranger walked up and burst him
  • That same mesmer had just walked up and burst him

If you’re not paying attention in WvW, you’re going to get killed. This is just proof of that statement.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

“You just need to predict and react to the <1s stunlock KO burst from stealth. L2P.”

Why can’t we just have a fun and balanced game? This is like when Engineers tried to defend the insta-kill Grenade Barrage, and I say that as an Engie main.

You should be explaining to Anet how to change the Mesmer so that the build gets toned down without becoming underpowered, not denying that there’s a problem at all and calling everyone else bad.

you are right they should probably tone down mesmer.
but we are not the only ones who can burst when buildt for it.
engineer can shoot net jump on their head and blunderbus.
followed by static charge and there you go same deal add in elixir s
and you have the same build you are trying to nerf on mesmer.
I think just pu is too much it takes away a lot of risk of running a glass cannon build.
prepatch burst builds were simply not viable.
there was too many condition or cele builds that could counter them.
except for thieves but they didnt had any choice.
also guardian builds which toke forever to kill was defently not fun at all in my view.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

We have. There are numerous posts that go into intricate detail about which traits are the problems and how best to balance them. But people refuse to see that Mesmer, overall, is balanced and only 2-3 traits are a problem. Damage isn’t a Mesmer specific issue as its across the board.
Watch the video, he got bursted because he was not paying attention to his surroundings. That is a L2P issue. If you focus only on one thing in WvW then you leave yourself open to ganks. Was the burst large? Yes, it probably came from a Mesmer running full, or fairly full, zerker gear with shatter traits. But that’s not the entire issue. An engi could have snuck up on him and bursted him due to a failure to pay attention.

OP also says he runs “a few” knights pieces and toughness food. That wouldn’t stop any class atm. If you want to be able to take a hit like that you’ve got to run a mix of calv, valk, and knights so you have high toughness and vitality.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

tier1_roaming.jpg

Attachments:

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

tier1_roaming.jpg

gw065.png

0/10 for effort

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

1st Watch it
(its a fast video like 15 secs)

Disclaimer 1: Im not full zerker i run some Knights(power precision toughness) armors and amulets/rings. I was running Signet of Stone(180 passive toughess) plus toughness utility food

Disclaimer 2: It were only 1 mesmer atacking me, i checked damage logs. You can notice i checked damage logs right after the stomp, i couldnt believe in what i just saw.

yes you have low vitality mesmers apply enough vunrebility not to care of toughness try valk stats much more effective vs mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortra.5918

Fortra.5918

1st Watch it
(its a fast video like 15 secs)

Oh look, a ranger complaining b/c he can’t just press 1+2 to win…how disappointing. I’m sure everyone agrees that a build that presses 1+2 has to beat all other builds……..
Also at :07s any good player would have instantly dodge rolled once they saw that clone appear next to them. So don’t complain b/c you weren’t good enough to react to that, then call a build broke.
Also, play with your FoV further out, woulda helped you there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I think I would have enjoyed the video more, if the Ranger had been able to channel the full length of her quickened Rapid Fire (which would probably kill the Mesmer) and then been burst down by the Mesmer off-screen. Then hopefully, that Mesmer would be burst down by a Thief, then that Thief by a dps Guardian, then that guardian by a Golem and so on until nothing is left but Rampaging Warriors.

Gandara

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Oh look, a ranger complaining b/c he can’t just press 1+2 to win…how disappointing. I’m sure everyone agrees that a build that presses 1+2 has to beat all other builds……..
Also at :07s any good player would have instantly dodge rolled once they saw that clone appear next to them. So don’t complain b/c you weren’t good enough to react to that, then call a build broke.
Also, play with your FoV further out, woulda helped you there.

Like some1 else said: “I suppose it was a sarcasm… I hope it was.”

Plus rangers are so insta win(1+2) that u see alot of rangers in World Tournament Series: zero. Now, after the patch, every team has AT LEAST one interrupt mesmer. You can check by youself

Against other profession, if the enemy is a skilled player i can tell u guys its like 50/50, depends on who makes the 1st mistake. Against a SKILLED mesmer, no matter what i do, its like 10/90. Theres will always be a stealth to save her kitten or even a mirror effect(projectile reflect) that cancels my buurst(otherwise i kill myself). Not to say Rapid Fire doesnt work due to insta interrupt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zerothousand.3089

Zerothousand.3089

This thread is funny. OP says that this burst is insane, but in the video that he provided he was doing the same thing to the other mesmer from 1200 range. If he had just as many guard stacks + death sigil bonus + power food we would see very similar damage. When i jump on my ranger for a bit whenever i get bursted i would at least instantly activate the stone sig. OP had 2 different utilities left to be able to survive this encounter i think. Always gotta be able to react to these!

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

This thread is funny. OP says that this burst is insane, but in the video that he provided he was doing the same thing to the other mesmer from 1200 range. If he had just as many guard stacks + death sigil bonus + power food we would see very similar damage. When i jump on my ranger for a bit whenever i get bursted i would at least instantly activate the stone sig. OP had 2 different utilities left to be able to survive this encounter i think. Always gotta be able to react to these!

The only thing it shows is the stupid amount of power creep this game has now.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

This thread is funny. OP says that this burst is insane, but in the video that he provided he was doing the same thing to the other mesmer from 1200 range.

Yes i was doing insane damage to the other mesmer but as you can notice my burst took so much more time on the 1st mesmer than the 2nd mesmer burst took on me. Plus i droped her HP from like 80% to only 20%, while my HP dropped from 100% to 0%.

And yes its just another QQ topic never said its not ;p

in Mesmer

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

NEed to be quicker on reacting , but you dodge this one , but mesmers have this burst on very low cooldowns, insanely high burst with instant un-avoidable stuns aside from stacking up stability which you can just invis and wait stability out, lol … Everybody saying things like killshot warrior could kill you fast forget the difference in survivability between a 1shot thief build , 1shot killshot warrior build , completely full zerker warrior with 1hundred blades vs a shatter mesmer right now. Do people have any idea how broken the insp mantra shatter mesmer build is? It has INSANE survivability with good stealth rotation + evades + un-avoidable blinds on shatter (unless you run DS ele / Zerker stance) + invulns and INSANE burst on low cooldowns. What killshot warrior has this? What 1shot signet thief (only thief capable of doing that kind of spike damage) has this? What 1hundred blades full zerker warrior has this? What engi with static discharge has this? What ranger …. wait ranger doesn’t even have spike damage forget that.

The point isn’t so much really the burst damage, it’s the burst damage with many on-demand stuns and AMAZING survivability when comparing that same burst damage with other classes. There can be no denying this, even with thieves right now in this post-patch meta.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Wilner, try using quickness and you get it off in 1s more or less and because you’re so far away most people won’t see till the arrows land.

Stop getting mad because you forgot to check behind you when you decided to try and +1 a fight from a range where they couldn’t hit you.

As WoC said, damage is too high right across the board, even yours if you get with the programme of toughness means almost nothing. Build zerk, keep looking around and learn to dodge the bursts. Then have fun rapid firing everyone down from your safe 1500 range.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Wilner, try using quickness and you get it off in 1s more or less and because you’re so far away most people won’t see till the arrows land.

Stop getting mad because you forgot to check behind you when you decided to try and +1 a fight from a range where they couldn’t hit you.

As WoC said, damage is too high right across the board, even yours if you get with the programme of toughness means almost nothing. Build zerk, keep looking around and learn to dodge the bursts. Then have fun rapid firing everyone down from your safe 1500 range.

Damage is high across the board, but none of the classes have near as much survivability or readily available spike damage COUPLED with that same survivability as mesmer gets inherently from weapon sets + traits like any other class does right now, that’s a clear and definite fact. You can’t deny it. I would say shaving some survivability off of some shatter mesmer builds will solve this. Don’t do much to the dmg at all, but the survivability that comes with the damage is really insane right now. It’s not a surprise mesmer is probably one of the most used WvW roaming classes and tPvP classes right now (even top tier teams are using 2 mesmers now in teams), because it’s very broken right now. Fotm’s abuse what is most powerful, it’s always been a trend and for this reason you’re seeing a spike in mesmer use across the board.

ALSOOOO , to the people saying that he did burst damage to the mesmer as well and unless you watched the video very closely you probably didn’t see he was fighting a blackgate mesmer and the GOLEM to the right of the screen hit that very same mesmer with an attack as they have +100% damage right now due to golem week and dropped his health real low… His rapid fire actually didn’t do much at all as it only capped at 2,400 damage (i think that’s half of ONE mind wrack right now? Yep ). Just pointing that out to the guys saying he was bursting him down before getting +1’d

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

(edited by blitzkrieg.2451)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I’m not worried at all.
I killed another two mesmers 1v1 today.
One was condi and the other was power.
Both jumped me while I was almost done clearing camp.
And I won.
I think it is now more a L2P issue.
Granted as a necro I couldn’t kill them if they didn’t want to be killed, but if they commit to the fight and not run, then well I have every chance to kill them.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8