Know your skills - Illusionary Leap & Swap

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Some months ago I saw a few threads named like that. I couldn’t find them with the search function so I don’t know if someone already did such a thread about this skill (I’m sorry if that’s the case).

The skill I’d like to talk about is the Illusionary Leap – the 3rd weaponskill of our sword.
This skill works on 600 range. Used it will create a clone that rushed forward and attacks the enemy with a crippling attack. From now on you’ll have 5 seconds to swap positions with your clone. immobilizing nearby foes for 2 seconds.

• Combo-Leap
    In combination with your aether-fields (Nullfield, Feedback, Chaosstorm,…) it will grant chaosarmor to you and your clone after using the swap. You can also use it with other fields of course
  • Boon removal
    As every sword clone this one will also remove a boon every 3rd hit it strikes
  • Dodge sucker
    Since this skill is used often for shatter impacts, many enemys fear this skill. Most of them will use their dodge right after the clone is spawned to not get hit by the shatter spike. This skill is perfect for preparing a spike! You can use it to get rid of your foes dodges! Just spawn the clone to prepare your spike
  • Immobilize can be combined with Blurred Frenzy
    This combo is obvious but I do mention it since it’s pretty strong. When you manage to immobilize your foe you can instantly use Blurred Frenzy (Sword 2) to deal a good amout of damage.
  • Anti-Charge
    When you see that your enemy uses a charge skill, and you happen to have your Swap ready, use it! You will change positions with your enemy what sometimes confuses them and also makes you evade the charge without using a dodge!
  • Meele Counter
    When facing a meele profession you can place the clone and use the immobilize to make your foe unable to turn to his/her face in your direction.
    (Swap->Run through the enemy->Don’t fear his back )
  • Stunbreak
    Swap is a stunbreak. After placing your clone with iLeap you’ll have a free stunbreak for 5 seconds what is very useful against every stunlockbuild of course.

Cons:

• Range
    As known by most of the players here, this skill can only be used when you’re already in range of the target. Even when entering the range of 600 while casting you won’t get a clone!
  • Clone travel
    The clone won’t reach its target when the target is standing below or above you. This is a thing many mesmers are complaining about and I hope they’ll fix this some day.
  • Weapon swap bug
    When you instantly try to cast iLeap after swaping weapons it might happen to not do anything.
  • Well known
    What we can use to rip off their dodges also is a disadvantage. This skills animation is well known by the most players you’ll meet (at least in PvP) so you often can’t just iLeap->Swap->Burst. But when it works…

~ Me Games Ma

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i use it for the stunbreak waaay better for outnumbered fights, youll be suprised how many mesmers waste it for the immob, oh you forgot to mention that its great for immobilising downed eles to stop them mist forming into towers (my favourite use) xD

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

man i sounds like such a hypocrite there xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

• Clone travel
    The clone won’t reach its target when the target is standing below or above or in front or behind or anywhere around you. This is a thing many mesmers are complaining about and I hope they’ll fix this some day.

Fixed.

You also forgot the severly limited immobilize range – if the enemy is doing the slighest movement away from your clone, it wont trigger.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

• Clone travel
    The clone won’t reach its target when the target is standing below or above or in front or behind or anywhere around you. This is a thing many mesmers are complaining about and I hope they’ll fix this some day.

Fixed.

You also forgot the severly limited immobilize range – if the enemy is doing the slighest movement away from your clone, it wont trigger.

xD beat me to it, yeah its buggy, hence why i dont even bother with the immob unless on an ele, the stun break is 1million times more useful to a mesmer by keep and extra stunbreak available 40% of the time

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

i use it for the stunbreak waaay better for outnumbered fights, youll be suprised how many mesmers waste it for the immob, oh you forgot to mention that its great for immobilising downed eles to stop them mist forming into towers (my favourite use) xD

I didn’t know this thank you! How do you do it? Immobilize before or after they activate mist form?

• Clone travel

Fixed.

You shouldn’t quote my text wrong! Please use it as a quote and write your correction out of the quotation. Some people may get a wrong impression.

Also it does not bug everytime so your text is obviously wrong.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

I didn’t know this thank you! How do you do it? Immobilize before or after they activate mist form?

• Clone travel

Fixed.

You shouldn’t quote my text wrong! Please use it as a quote and write your correction out of the quotation. Some people may get a wrong impression.

Also it does not bug everytime so your text is obviously wrong.

not sure if trolling or serious o_o

you do realise that he was just sarcastically joking? its called a fix joke and is quite common on the forums i doubt any person would get the wrong idea but its okay :P

as for your question, just dont activate the second skill to illusionary leap (swap) so just press 3 once and leave the clone alive, even if the clone dies youll still have the teleport there for 5secs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

@Immobilizing downed eles: Vapor form makes them invulnerable, just like distortion, but it doesn’t cleanse conditions. If you stack up a lot of immobilize on an ele before they use vapor form, they’ll stay immobilized during it.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

@Immobilizing downed eles: Vapor form makes them invulnerable, just like distortion, but it doesn’t cleanse conditions. If you stack up a lot of immobilize on an ele before they use vapor form, they’ll stay immobilized during it.

exactly :P its great and very rarely used tbh

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

I understood that Dawdler.8521 was joking but I will never accept when someone writes things in the quote I havn’t said.

For example this is a serious thread and people will maybe think that he quoted what I just changed. There can be fun, but please do not use the quotation function for that.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

o.0 oh man youre serious, i thought maybe you were joking aswell but each to there own it is your message after all

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Know your range and know your timing. I see so many mesmer use it as initial burst. The problem is at the start of a fight people usually have their stun breaker , blink , inv etc etc up. When you open with this you will fail 9/10 times vs a good player. Trick is to use it as finisher , wait till your opponent has used all his get out of jail free cards then pop this on them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I understood that Dawdler.8521 was joking but I will never accept when someone writes things in the quote I havn’t said.

For example this is a serious thread and people will maybe think that he quoted what I just changed. There can be fun, but please do not use the quotation function for that.

Welcome to the amazing world of internet forums, you’re going to have a great time!

What I quote still doesnt change the fact that iLeap is horribly bugged in every single way.

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

I never said that iLeap wasn’t buggy… -_-

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693