Lazy GS-only Mesmers buffed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justice.3608

Justice.3608

That’s what the Deceptive Evasion nerf achieves. Now you’ll see plenty more faceroll phantasm Mesmers that never change their weapons from GS.

While every other Mesmer build that doesnt play faceroll-lazy Phantasms are nerfed.

Way to think this through Anet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Hey mesmers,

For clarification: if you have 0-2 clones out and you dodge, you will summon a clone.

If you have 3 clones out and you dodge, nothing will happen.

Deceptive evasion can still be used to make clone they simply remove the ability to kill your clones by making another clone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I thought this was a thread about “Lazy Kai’s Build – Phantastic Phantasm”.
It is in my signature.

On the other hand, it seems that even most Mesmers do not grasp fairly simple shatter concepts like creating new clones for a new target by dodging and overwriting the old ones that are no longer relevant. Why the kitten would you want three clones on the wrong target, if you need some for the right one?

I fear only phantasm mesmers try to defend that abomination of a trait change, and they could care less (unless they take DE in their trait setup, than I couldn’t care less about them…)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Are we talking PvE or PvP? I never used Deceptive Evasion in PvE, I don’t even care.

For PvP I guess it is a slight buff since GS clone bleed got a relative buff. Although it was never that great to begin with since the clones don’t get fury like the pistol phantasms do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’m playing a GS mesmer with PVT+zerg gear not because I like it that way, but because with the current balance viable options for PvE are very limited. That doesn’t negate your point (it seconds it instead), but please don’t think of all GS mesmers as lazy people:) Many of us just want to be efficient and play a rewarding game, that’s all.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

Are we talking PvE or PvP? I never used Deceptive Evasion in PvE, I don’t even care.

For PvP I guess it is a slight buff since GS clone bleed got a relative buff. Although it was never that great to begin with since the clones don’t get fury like the pistol phantasms do.

It is a critical nerf for shatter and clone-death mesmers in PvE and PvP. What buff do you see with the DE change for non-phantasm builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

It is a critical nerf for shatter and clone-death mesmers in PvE and PvP. What buff do you see with the DE change for non-phantasm builds?

Well, shatter and clone death don’t really exist in PvE is the point he’s trying to make I think.

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, with this changes, shatter and clone-death is as dead as build variety in PvE.
Let’s see, will I run 10/20/0/25/15 phantasm or 0/30/0/25/15 phantasm. Oh gawd, all those choices, halp ANet, make one useless, otherwise I’m lost…

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

show how well you use a GS tbh its better to use up close as a secondary wep, the might stacking with an extra bounce is OP

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

The DE nerf is not really a critical nerf to shatter specs, it just causes the players to use clones and dodges up more wisely. It’s not that hard to send 3 clones to shatter before dodging again since every shatter skill sends clones into seperate queues until it hits the target. But, it’s definately a critical nerf to clone-death builds.

necro

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

The DE nerf is not really a critical nerf to shatter specs, it just causes the players to use clones and dodges up more wisely. It’s not that hard to send 3 clones to shatter before dodging again since every shatter skill sends clones into seperate queues until it hits the target. But, it’s definately a critical nerf to clone-death builds.

I am still suprised how little people know about shatter after all this discussion going on on the board. As if it was about just getting out three illusions and blow them up and that’s it.

In the end, I think most people do not play shatter, because they have no clue about how it works, about positioning, about targeting, about spreading out clones, that you do not just shatter because it is off cooldown.

It is hard to blame some random Dev’s not knowing about the nuances of the mesmer gameplay, if even the mesmers themselves have no clue…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

I am still suprised how little people know about shatter after all this discussion going on on the board. As if it was about just getting out three illusions and blow them up and that’s it.

In the end, I think most people do not play shatter, because they have no clue about how it works, about positioning, about targeting, about spreading out clones, that you do not just shatter because it is off cooldown.

It is hard to blame some random Dev’s not knowing about the nuances of the mesmer gameplay, if even the mesmers themselves have no clue…

+1

The mind boggles when you realise how little most Mesmers know about their own class….

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Same thing can be said about the clone-death-builds that utilize at least Debilitating Dissipation in pve. While it is true just about no one runs it in pve but if u do run it it works very well. People often underestimate just how useful that random 3 stacks of bleeding and weakness is on clone death is while kiting 10+ enemies on the battle ground in pve. However, despite this, the dps side of DD is still fairly low as others have pointed out in other threads. So its a bit puzzling as to why it’s being targested and used as an excuse for wanting to change Deceptive Evasion.

(edited by squallaus.8321)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

+1

The mind boggles when you realise how little most Mesmers know about their own class….

even though this guy is coming across a bit condescending he is completely right, to explain it, DE is used to Position your clones effectively around your enemy, constantly remaking new clones until you get the right positioning, the nerf stops you from being able to choose this, you have to cross your fingers and pray

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

I do agree, and if they would, you know, fix the clones to shatter on the correct target it wouldn’t be such a huge nerf. Like the times I’ve shattered, and had at least one clone blow up on an inanimate object (like the crates in Battle of Khylo). That’s just an example as to why this nerf hurts more then clone on death builds. After practice, I am good at positioning clones, can’t really achieve that without DE, because I won’t be able to over write that clone attacking a crate. -_-

(edited by SallyStitches.4096)