Legendary GS on mesmer a "waste"?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jsvkkie.2037

Jsvkkie.2037

Hello mesmers,
im currently playing a class that cant use a gs, (engi)
so i wanna make a legendary gs, and i like mesmer a lot
but im wondering if its worth the animation mesmers do with a gs compared to warrior and guardian.
so here is the question to you guys:
Do you think a legendary greatsword is worth making for a mesmer?

ps, no hate to mesmers but they point the sword, and u dont see much swing glow etc, cos they dont “swing” the sword and im not sure if #5 changes animation, and the phantasm dont change i think. so please leave a comment!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

in short, yes. if you want sweeping animations then gs mesmer is not for you. the things that change that the gs that is thrown with mirror blade GS2, and the clones GS too (thankfully). the animation beyond the trail on GS5 is no change, nothing on phantasm(GS4) and GS3 is the same also. the beam on GS1 is the same also (noticing a pattern?), so beyond t he movement trail from holding the gs and moving it back on GS1 and mirror blade there isn’t much.

i’m kinda gutted in that sense, because i quite like GS as a weapon skillset, but it really does not give incentive to work for a legendary. when looking at all legendaries:
sword, yea i guess it’s a good one, but (personally) the skin is a bit lacking and the constant arcing sound is grating.
pistol, phant and 1 pistol shot (lol)
torch (lolol)
scepter, i think we can agree it’s lacking in greatness when compared to things like twilight/sunrise.
minstrel? (i dunno about everyone else but that thing is hideous. also no animation)
so bifrost, ye i guess it’s a good one too, but i don’t like the rainbow trail (again, personally) and i much prefer something like the T3 asuran staff.

i’m working on the anomaly and vision of the mists as i think they look much cooler and fit the mesmer style.

this should not be taken as a DON’T DO IT, cos if you want to, go for it, but don’t expect sweeping animations like warrior or guardian (even ranger really)
/2cents

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Screw that, I’m just going for a legendary cause it looks nice on my back and in my hand. Nothing else. Heck, right now I run mostly staff for farming purposes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ATourist.8359

ATourist.8359

I would disagree. I think it looks good. You see for yourself whether it’s worth it or not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I find the criticism about the legendary Scepter odd. Meteorologicus, right?
It seems to have far greater detail than other Legendaries, when looking at it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hartayke.7349

Hartayke.7349

I personally think the scepter is one of the best models. It’s the skillset that makes it not worth it :p

I think the GS looks great on the Mesmer. If I ever make one of the legendaries, it will be twilight.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rojaha.4082

Rojaha.4082

I would disagree. I think it looks good. You see for yourself whether it’s worth it or not.

I agree. Legendary GS seems really fitting on Mesmer with that distortion-like effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Can you say, Clone Spam + Legendary.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skye.3765

Skye.3765

I guess it’s more on what weapon you equip rather than ALL greatswords.

I love light classes, I just hate most of their armor because of the lack of pants.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I was going for the matching look with my GF’s ranger. She with Sunrise, me with Twilight.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

looks great in that video

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

brb making twilight.

well i definitely stand corrected and i apologise. it does indeed look better than i expected. i’ve seen screens of the skills and since seeing it in video… where it makes up for the lack of intensity in the skills it makes up for it in the between effects.

/I deal with most derangements, sir./