Legendary pistol -- THE QUIP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

Greetings,

I have been traversing in the world of Tyria, listening to the whispers of so-called ‘legendary’ items. I am now inching ever-so-closer into obtaining THE QUIP, but now a sudden fear has struck me.

A mesmer never shoots his/her pistol. There is one move on a long cooldown that shoot one bullet. Here, I would like to ask if the mesmer’s clones would shoot the colorful and lovely bullets that THE QUIP makes. Otherwise, I would be devastated to see that my QUIP does quite a bit of nothing.

Please enlighten me.

Love,

Your fellow mesmer

P.S. If it does not, I would like to start a petition for the clones to shoot them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Hmm you might be the first Mesmer to create one. If so, let us know. BTW, have they fixed the map completion issue yet? I’m thinking of leveling a different toon to make a legendary just because map completion would screw my mesmer with the star that doesn’t appear on my clones.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

It would be interesting to see if it transfers the legendary effects over to the duelist phantasm so it’s your phantasm using the legendary rather than you…. hmz

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but I’m inclined to think that it doesn’t update for iDuelist. Right now the model doesn’t update based on any other pistol we have equipped. That would be awesome if it made the same sound affect x 3 duelists though haha.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Clones do not have offhand weapons. Additionally, phantasms use their own pistols, using the model called “Ilya”. Do not get quip.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Considering if I get a Twilight my iZerker and bouncing blade have the item transfered over not sure why these should not.

Course with those sounds having 3 of them firing both of them with haste. That’s a lot of sounds going on.

(edited by AsteriskCGY.5931)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bibi.6817

Bibi.6817

Considering if I get a Twilight my iZerker and bouncing blade have the item transfered over not sure why these should not.

Twilight doesn’t appear on the iZerker just mirror blades, which also includes the footsteps, kinda cool really

[CIR] Bibi Waffles
80 Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Clones do not have offhand weapons. Additionally, phantasms use their own pistols, using the model called “Ilya”. Do not get quip.

Considering that The Predator actually grants unique graphical effects to some fo the engi skills that don’t even use the rifle (grenades for example) I wouldn’t write it off based on how other weapons effect phantasms. It’s quite possible Quip has a uniqe effect for mesmers, especially considering that it is designed with a mesmer theme.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Considering that The Predator actually grants unique graphical effects to some fo the engi skills that don’t even use the rifle (grenades for example) I wouldn’t write it off based on how other weapons effect phantasms. It’s quite possible Quip has a uniqe effect for mesmers, especially considering that it is designed with a mesmer theme.

The thing is I heard that Sunrise doesn’t have as many effects because the lack of Mesmer’s swinging a greatsword, Not sure how true this is.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@ Alberel: Having Quip DEFINITELY has no effect on clones. Clones don’t have offhand weapons at all, which is a problem, and quip will most certainly not change that.

As far as phantasms go, having a legendary greatsword will not change the weapons that a iberserker uses, and I see no reason for quip to be any different.

@Fay: Sunrise and Twilight definitely are less flashy on a mesmer than on a warrior or a guardian, because there isn’t as much slashing. Mirror blade is changed, but thats the only one. That being said, having 3 clones all running around with twilight, and leaving their own tracks of footprints would be really awesome, in my opinion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I have twilight on my mesmer

WvW video for the lulz.

Zerker does not carry twilight only your clones.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Wiki says that quip gives your duelist chaos gun, the precursor. To me it looks a lot like Ilya. I can’t tell if its the same skin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Wiki says that quip gives your duelist chaos gun, the precursor. To me it looks a lot like Ilya. I can’t tell if its the same skin.

Your phantasm already has quip, llya, lyss its the same skin.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mufasa.5671

Mufasa.5671

oZii, What armor are you using in that video?

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Your phantasm already has quip, llya, lyss its the same skin.

No it doesn’t. The skin is the same between the chaos gun, ilya, and lyss. Quip is the legendary pistol, and has a completely different skin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Veln.1965

Veln.1965

Has anyone actually tried using quip on their mesmer? I can’t find a single video about it or anyone claiming to have done it. I’m curious if even the 5 ability makes the confetti.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

This is serious …. Phantasms should ALLWAYS use legendary weapons if you got one >_>

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Clones have off hand weapons now :o.

Maybe they get auras and footsteps? I heard the quip aura is a pretty blue/purple one.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This is serious …. Phantasms should ALLWAYS use legendary weapons if you got one >_>

Why? They don’t use any other weapon.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

That’s the problem. As mesmser you have nothing if you got the Quip for example. It’s just not fair to be unable to actually enjoy your legendary. If you got a legendary, the phantasms should use it instead of the chaos gun. I dunno why this isn’t the case >_>

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Logic: legendary weapons change the user’s skills. Technically, clones and phantasms are Our skills, so they should get the aura and footsteps!

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

and the op kitten sound and animation!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

That’s the problem. As mesmser you have nothing if you got the Quip for example. It’s just not fair to be unable to actually enjoy your legendary. If you got a legendary, the phantasms should use it instead of the chaos gun. I dunno why this isn’t the case >_>

Eh…
But… you still use the pistol? Yourself I mean. Or does the #5 not trigger it?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I neve crafted a legendary myself, it makes no sense :o
I guess 5 should adapt since every Engi skill (pistol) is changed too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

i just made quip and it was basically for the aura…. but it would be much better if illusions would have the quip animations.. since i just dont see any animations at all on mesmer.. and i dont care about the sounds since i play whitout sound..

(edited by Csele.1647)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I made it specifically for Mesmer, because I didn’t want to get annoyed at the pew-pew sounds. That one bullet is enough for me. It still has a great aura for you and your clones, and it does provide you with footstep effects.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

Here is bamf Joe with off-hand quip for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Ad1CnN1vI

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I still think that phants should use at least the sound of the quip It’s kinda sad >_>

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

If anyone wants to see Quip ingame on mesmer I have it along with Rodgort, Sunrise, and Minstrel!

IGN: Trixxie Virtuoso

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/