Let's Talk about Mind Stab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Otter.6348

Otter.6348

Long story short: It isn’t very good.

What I’d like to see:

Make it a targeted splash AoE again and remove the self-root, give it a short cast time if you have to. Remove the Boon Removal aspect since it’s nearly useless. Make it Daze instead, since that would synergize better with the Greatsword traits anyway.

Do that and everything will be hunky-dory.

Otters! :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I don’t mind the reticule but it needs to be a lot bigger. Trying to hit it at full range, even on flat ground, shouldn’t be as difficult as it is. I prefer to keep the rooting animation because of how epic it is, however, it should be counter-balanced by giving it knock-up. A daze could work as well and would better fit the name. Instead of ripping a single boon, it should prevent enemies gaining new boons for a few seconds. That would be a unique form of boon hate and far more useful. But no matter what, it NEEDS to be a blast finisher!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s called Mind Spike now iirc.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

It’s called Mind Spike now iirc.

you dont, mind spike is part of sword MH chain attack aka mind stab. i guess they changed the sword name in order to dont have to think about buffs for gs #3.

id also like changes for mind stab, even a minor buff would give more uses for this skill. personally, i would like a good bonus damage if target is crippled. better radius would also be ok (my dream is bigger radius with three blades instead of one!).

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I came in here to “inb4 blast finisher”, but Crossplay has already done that! ;D

I don’t want to see much else changed with it – it is a very satisfying ability to use, both aurally and visually. So yeah, I’m in favour of keeping the rooting animation, and the ground targeting, but need to have something else to make it useful in pvp/wvw. Maybe damage reduction while casting? Maybe launch enemies into the air? Maybe blast them apart with knockback from the target centre?

Might not be the most effective combo, but nothing is more satisfying (not even the guaridan/warrior/ele hammer moves) than GS#5, GS #3, GS#2 and then “HE-MAN” GS#4!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Could it use some tweaks? Sure, but lots of skills could.

The only thing it really ‘needs’ is a bigger reticle. It’s extremely small, making it difficult to quickly aim from long distances.