[Let's guess] - Maim the Disillusioned

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

“We’re also quite excited about a few new mesmer traits that are becoming available, such as Maim the Disillusioned, which has a great name.”

This being said I’m quite happy that they found a good name for the trait but what will this trait do?

If my dictionary is good I’d think that “Maim” would stand for the condition cripple or chill or something.

Disillusioned could mean that it triggers on illusions death like Dissipation traits. Regarding that it’s “the Disillusioned” would make me think of it to apply on single target no matter what distance is between the foe and the illusion.

Any suggestions?

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

It could also be on shatter, with maim being some form of heavy damage on shatter (or death of illusion).

I’m also thinking Illusion magic line, what do you think?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Please let it be something that makes confusion builds solid :O like apply stacks on some trigger, or some stacking benefit vs foes with confusion.

Obviously i would want it in the condition damage line :P

Ida

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I’m going to hope/wish that the trait triggers all ‘on death’ effects of clone upon shatter. If it is that I would be a very happy person indeed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

5% more dmg when you have no illusions up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

“Disillusioned” could it applied to those under the confused condition? Will we be able to get bonus burst on those that are confused? Like bursting a stack of confusion for instant bonus damage? Just my guess!

They certainly made the descriptions exciting. I really want to see some quality of life changes to the clone/phant AI’s. Hopefully mesmers will get some love! I’m excited!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

So it should look like :

“Shattering illusions applies 10 seconds of 5 stacks of bleed and 10 seconds cripple up to 5 foes in a 240 unit radius; 30 seconds internal cooldown”

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

It’s torment on shatter in Illusion line.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hmm a new shatter trait would be awesome. but i think it will be an additional effect…lets say u use confusion on someone so with the main the d trait u would deal some additional condition or even dmg.. that could help wvw raid mesmers a lot…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

If it’s viable or not depends on how many stacks and how long the torment will be.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Sounds like a grandmaster on clone death trait.
Esp given that they announced that right after saying Mesmers were getting a condition and survivability buff. This fits right in with that.

I’m expecting torment or maybe burning for the condition, but what would be really sick is if there was random boons granted also on clone death, either as part of this trait or another.
And double or nothing, this is going into the Chaos line.

I could be completely wrong on that, but that would be my bet.

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Already confirmed in the live stream

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

Well i hate to complain about any update, but why torment are they trying to phase out confusion?

Ida

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Already confirmed in the live stream

Sounds good to me. I really like the condition torment and I much prefer on shatter than on death traits.

Isn’t there already a trait that puts confusion on at least most shatters? Oh… it’s not even a major trait. All you need is 5 points in Illusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Bah, that sucks….. well, it’s a good trait, it’s just not what I wanted.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Well i hate to complain about any update, but why torment are they trying to phase out confusion?

You’re completely right, love. We’ve just come full circle to something that didn’t need changing to begin with, except now it’s in a much weaker spot and far more classes have access to our own confusion to boot. Nothing has been hit quite as hard as confusion over the course of the game (other than perhaps old Ele sustain) and yet the devs just can’t seem to stop handing it out like candy to everyone but Mesmers themselves.

in Mesmer

Pwent.2639

You’re completely right, love. We’ve just come full circle to something that didn’t need changing to begin with, except now it’s in a much weaker spot and far more classes have access to our own confusion to boot. Nothing has been hit quite as hard as confusion over the course of the game (other than perhaps old Ele sustain) and yet the devs just can’t seem to stop handing it out like candy to everyone but Mesmers themselves.

Everything about confusion feels right ( except for the fact its really weak on mesmer). The effects and the way it damages are just so <3.

I really hope they nerf perplexity to the ground.

Ida