Leveling a Mez is so Painful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I just rolled a Mez to try it out and I have managed to get it to level 20…but it had to be the most boring thing I have ever done in this game, it’s more fun watching paint dry. I’m really tried hard to like her, but it’s just too hard. My question…is it going to get better, more fun? Or should I just delete her and and go with something else?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

well seems like you just dont like the class if it makes you bored o.O easy answer- roll other class

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I just rolled a Mez to try it out and I have managed to get it to level 20…but it had to be the most boring thing I have ever done in this game, it’s more fun watching paint dry. I’m really tried hard to like her, but it’s just too hard. My question…is it going to get better, more fun? Or should I just delete her and and go with something else?

It will get better at level 60.

My advice is to use level up tomes or just karma train in EoTM until you get to 60, otherwise you will end up absolutely despising it. Anet really did a number on leveling mesmers with the feature patch; it went from hard to absolutely hellish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I just recently leveled up my mesmer, however from 15-50 i used tomes I’d saved up from spvp. But from 50-80 it really wasnt that bad. Sure, i took a bit longer to kill stuff than other classes, but it was still more than doable. And when i was fighting a tanky vet or soloing a champ and managed to get 3 phantasms out i did a ton of dmg. Best weapons to level are imo GS + Sw/f because you have the most AoE possible and you have swiftness on focus to move around the map faster. Remember your GS auto pierces, so target the back mob and try and line up mobs so that the beam will hit all of them. Also remember that if our target is about to die, use a shatter so you don’t completely waste your clones. You can also hurt the other mobs around it.

Gearwise just stack power with bloodlust sigils and 6 minor runes with power. Then go for power/precision, and finally power/precision/ferocity. Trait wise i spent my first one in dueling to get some nice vigor uptime, then in dueling again to get phantasm all fury, and then maxed out domination and dueling as much as possible while leveling up, with any spare points going into either illusions or inspiration

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

I have heard many people saying mesmer is very hard to level up, and tbh I’m not sure I understand why. In fact, I remember there were few champs in my leveling areas I couldn’t solo. Having illusions and distortion adds a ton of survivability, so I’ll start with my first question, what weapons are you using? I main a mesmer because combat in all the other classes I tried was just too plain (warrior, guardian, ranger, thief). Once you get the hang of it, combat becomes very fluid and much more interactive than most professions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

Agreeing with Pyro on this.

Mesmer became horrible to level when they changed the trait system. Without access to traits mesmer is very frustrating to play, unfortunately you don’t even unlock a trait until you get to lvl 30 so you might as well go and craft for those first set of levels that or join a nice train in eotm.
I think mesmer only really becomes fun now once you manage to unlock your master traits, that gives you access to de as well as a few nice phantasm traits that make it a lot smoother leveling.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Agreeing with Pyro on this.

Mesmer became horrible to level when they changed the trait system. Without access to traits mesmer is very frustrating to play, unfortunately you don’t even unlock a trait until you get to lvl 30 so you might as well go and craft for those first set of levels that or join a nice train in eotm.
I think mesmer only really becomes fun now once you manage to unlock your master traits, that gives you access to de as well as a few nice phantasm traits that make it a lot smoother leveling.

I disagree slightly, that the problem of leveling existed, as mesmer was/is very trait dependent and therefore back heavy. The change in the trait system just pushed that back heaviness further.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I took the easy way out, leveled my mes to 80 through crafting and dungeon char swapping.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

I disagree slightly, that the problem of leveling existed, as mesmer was/is very trait dependent and therefore back heavy. The change in the trait system just pushed that back heaviness further.

Yeah that was the point I was trying to make. I have leveled a few mesmers and while I enjoyed it the first time (previously only having leveled a thief) I found it to be more and more painful after each attempt. Even now I have a mesmer on lvl 20 and the smallest thing like a blink not reaching as far as I want makes me sad.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

My way when leveling my third mesmer:
Upgrade all gear every 10th lvl, get the best you can get.
I go power/precision /ferocity
GS / Sword+focus. Bloodlust is a good sigil.
Build wise I spec for the gs and the sword.
Find a group of mobs, group them with focus, focus phantasm, blurred frenzy, switch to gs, gs phantasm, zzzzzap the remains with gs auto attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I am so glad I finished leveling all my mesmers before the stupid change they made to the leveling process.

I agree with Pyro and the others: try to reach level 60 as soon as possible, take every shortcut you can (scrolls, tomes, crafting, dungeon swapping, someone helping you with the personal story, farming EOTM, etc).

Maybe the patch will help a bit: if iWarden is fixed for real this time, it will help with good aoe and projectile blocking on the weapon that provides us with swiftness…