Life Survivor Build Video

in Mesmer

Posted by: AresFyra.3570

AresFyra.3570

Fresh video..! GS/Staff “Life Survivor” mesmer build. Enjoy!

15min – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5aAq7XOlig

Peace!

Attachments:

Ares Fyra (DIVE) / Aurora Glade (EU)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Hey, in the nicest way: Is this a joke? I feel like you played a trick on me. I mean there is that clip where you are capping ruins by yourself and you include that “fight” vs. 3 drakes. I watched for like 5 min and the only pvp was you getting downed by 3 people and running away and then hanging back in the back of a zerg. Also there is no staff, just GS and sword/x.

This makes sense if you were really, really high when you made this. Then it is actually awesome.

So, I think you trolled me, but also put a ton of work into doing it. Anyways…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It looks like Ares Fyra hasn’t learned much since their last video. See here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Ares-Fyra-Midnight-Purple-Madness-WvW/first#post4959242

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I watched about 1 minute of it or something and my spidey senses started to tingle

Must read-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-How-to-make-a-half-decent-vid/first#

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

My mom or someone told me. If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything. Consider this saying nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

My mom or someone told me. If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything. Consider this saying nothing.

#realtalk right here. +1

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Heya.
I watched the whole video (on a second try) and I got couple questions.

What’s your criteria for a clip to make it into the video?
What do you think other people enjoy watching about PvP videos?

P.S. Your asura has ugly face.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Heh, either this is one of the best joke videos ever, or the most bizarre/random wvw video ever. Almost cathartic to watch actually, in a strange way.

All I saw was random clips of capping points (who does this?), pve (and outnumbered pve – ie you outnumbering the mobs!), and the small amount of pvp was either you outnumbering the enemy or being killed (not really “Life Survivor”). But then I see you’re using Mimic, so it must be for a joke.

If serious again, then please please – in wvw videos we want to see good fights with other players – preferably where you’re at a disadvantage and have to put in some good skill to either troll the enemy or win.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

It looks like Ares Fyra hasn’t learned much since their last video. See here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Ares-Fyra-Midnight-Purple-Madness-WvW/first#post4959242

Actually he has lent.
1 it not the 30min long doing nothing
2 better editing
3 am playing the devils advocate here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

This is perhaps the best darn thing I have ever seen on the forums

in Mesmer

AresFyra.3570

<— Setting the record(ings) straight.

MSFone: It’s no joke, it’s training..! I haven’t included most of my material where I cap supply camp after supply camp all alone.. And getting some much needed exercise on the drakes.. Oh, and I was high. High on what is called passion for GW2..! You’ll see.

But I do use natural medicine to keep me sharp when playing. And lots of water… And if you only knew how much work I’ve put in, you’d think I was joking! ^^

Fay: “It looks like Ares Fyra hasn’t learned much since their last video.” I’m one guy, so the appropriate word would be “his”.. But I’ve learned A LOT! Perhaps not in the art of making videos, but in terms of gameplay and WvW knowledge, I’m getting there…

You can ask the commanders that’s been running things on AG the last few days..? Also, I’m a big fan of all the calculations you’ve done in the past, it has helped A LOT! But I think even Fay will be pleased when watching the upcoming videos. I’m sure of it.

Ross Riddle: The spidey sense is a good thing to have.. Too bad it won’t react fast enough when a stealthy thief interupts me when I’m fighting a supply camp on my own.. Usually 5-10 Veterans + a well timed backstab..? Not my greatest moments..!

denis: … … …

StickerHappy: THIS is real talk. But I shouldn’t have named the topic: “Build Video”.. Lots of you got the wrong impression it seems.. I haven’t played lots of WvW.. Maybe hardcore for a few days now. But it takes it toll on my limbs. Plus I got editing to do! ^^

Noss: First of all, I spent at least 45min on making my face just right! Haha.. You should see me in the Fanged Dread mask.. Perfection, even though quite ugly at times, yes..!

Criteria? I’m not listening to you guys, that’s for sure! It will be better clips onwards. No idea what the player base would like to see really? Seems most videos are the same! But I’ve calculated as much as possible on this build! A LOT! Even travelling times with my cooldowns between locations etc… Overkill yes, but you should see the long clips!!

Curunen: “Heh, either this is one of the best joke videos ever, or the most bizarre/random wvw video ever.” It might be a little of each I think..! But I had so little material to work off of… Now I got countless hours of hardcore WvW behind me. And that WILL show in later videos.. Might even take till friday to just edit some of it!

“But then I see you’re using Mimic, so it must be for a joke.” Not anymore, it’s awful..!

“If serious again, then please please – in wvw videos we want to see good fights with other players – preferably where you’re at a disadvantage and have to put in some good skill to either troll the enemy or win.” COMING RIGHT UP! In a while that is!

Blades of Sabatine: Lent? Next video will be summarized first, and then after highlights the ones who have minutes to spare can watch the longer version. Chicken kills maybe?

PorcoDio: True. But just wait!

General: I’ve improved a lot these past couple of days, mostly because I’ve played WvW. Haven’t done so in the past very much. And not with such an awesome build!! Trust me, any1 enjoying mesmer will have a blast watching my next videos… Might be a few since I got hours of clips to go through. And believe me, I’ve been rather busy..

Aurora Glade’s ranking is up at least..! Thx to us players who help out in the shadows..
And I must say that “Boopblablabla” and “Captain Cormac” have commander skills..!

See you guys on the frontline… (In need of party members and perhaps gold for a tag..)

Thanks for being helpful..! Peace

in Mesmer

AresFyra.3570

All future long distance travelling will be in 8x speed.. If I include it that is.

Currently have 105 Gb to go through. Even opted to go 720p and lesser quality to have space on my SSD for the recordings! ^^ So yeah.. What scenes do I choose..?! Really..?

Assaults on supply camps or towers on my own, lone player kills, running with the zerg, breaking down gates, transporting golems, building siege, guarding other players, running, running, running.. Got everything except Garrisson and the Keep on my own!

You’re welcome to post on your own video higlight preferences, please! I need help.. :P

(edited by AresFyra.3570)

in Mesmer

AresFyra.3570

Oh, and if any1 wanna join my WvW guild, admittance runs will be needed..! ^^
But I wanna get a Commander tag, that’s a no brainer really.. Duh! Currently the only person in it… Just used it for storage up until now! Mesmers only. The ones who I find appropriate and helpful in my quest for a bigger WvW guild will get my build setup too! So please feel free to contact me, I’m on Aurora Glade (EU).. Reppin’..!

(edited by AresFyra.3570)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Hey.
First of all, no one likes the running/capping part of WvW and much less watching someone else do it. People watch PvP videos… well, for the PvP. Cut all the running and guard killing from your vids, no one wants to see it.
I guess I’m right when I say you’re pretty new to WvW/PvP? You could do some sPvP to develop a “short term plan” to fights. Everyone makes mistakes, but your gameplay is pretty messy against real players. I don’t want to be mean, but that’s just how I feel.

As for choosing what fights to put on your video, that’s up to you. Some people put ten minutes of shatter bursts against opponents that eat it, some put cool outnumbered fights, some only duels.
I myself tend to delete fights that are too one sided. I end up deleting pretty much all 1v3 wins unless there’s something else to the fight, since they’re bound to be against a lot worse opponents. I just like good and tough fights, and I’m interested in the opponents gameplay aswell. Most people are attracted to pure pewpew, but I don’t really care.

Oh, the reason why all videos look the same to you is likely because you don’t have much PvP experience. You’re not able to see the different tactics and nuances in others gameplay.

edit: And the audio! You should cut the recorded audio off and put music ontop of the vid when you’re editing. If you really want the ingame sounds, then don’t listen to music while you play.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

(edited by Noss.4105)

in Mesmer

AresFyra.3570

My game play is synced to the music that I play to already.. Maybe not in previous videos, but now! My experience of WvW is mainly based on the last 5 days of play.. ^^ So don’t judge me, since you’ve probably played WvW a bit more? I only have ONE lvl 80 toon.. That’s how little time I usually have to play! But I’ve been glued to my computer since Thursday now. And the improvement is off the scale.. My knowledge of other classes skills is next to zero. With that in mind, mobs are easy but I’ve had to adopt a playstyle which works on most classes anyway.. But thieves are as bursty as me or more, plus stealthy as kittens. Usually one of them that gets me..! My theoretical knowledge of the mesmer is top notch though.

But today I feel so confident in the build I’ve been mainly running for two days straight. My best build yet tbh! At least for me. Maybe since I’ve played it so continuously lately..

My weapons of choice are: Scepter/Pistol and Sword/Sword btw.

Peace! (Might have time to edit tonight a bit..) Expect several dreadful videos with me doing nothing special by next week..!
As for future content: Bunnies will die, is all I can say at this point.

in Mesmer

AresFyra.3570

Thanks Zarania!! Woohoo, some love!

If you thought I dealt with everything nicely before… …

To be frank, my game play was not up to par before.

But it is now. Plus the music is better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My game play is synced to the music that I play to already.. Maybe not in previous videos, but now! My experience of WvW is mainly based on the last 5 days of play.. ^^ So don’t judge me, since you’ve probably played WvW a bit more? I only have ONE lvl 80 toon.. That’s how little time I usually have to play! But I’ve been glued to my computer since Thursday now. And the improvement is off the scale.. My knowledge of other classes skills is next to zero. With that in mind, mobs are easy but I’ve had to adopt a playstyle which works on most classes anyway.. But thieves are as bursty as me or more, plus stealthy as kittens. Usually one of them that gets me..! My theoretical knowledge of the mesmer is top notch though.

But today I feel so confident in the build I’ve been mainly running for two days straight. My best build yet tbh! At least for me. Maybe since I’ve played it so continuously lately..

My weapons of choice are: Scepter/Pistol and Sword/Sword btw.

Peace! (Might have time to edit tonight a bit..) Expect several dreadful videos with me doing nothing special by next week..!
As for future content: Bunnies will die, is all I can say at this point.

On a serious/helpful note, I only have one character as well, and the best place to learn how to fight other classes is in pvp or duels. You can also mess around by making “throwaway” characters to learn the basics of other classes (I’ve done this for most of the other classes), and also have some fun in the process! Melee ranger is heaps of fun for example and great for trolling players.

I would spend gameplay time in pvp arenas or asking people for duels to improve.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

No problem sweetie, I’m all about positivity!!

Yea, you’re a little positive hacker, arent you? Which anet is to lazy to do something about even when we throw proof in their faces. Like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1BRAXLvH0

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

So, okay, my ability to give play advice to someone I’ve never met through forum posts is kinda limited, but let’s cover some low-hanging fruit (small simple stuff I can just explain concisely):

• Why do you run Mantra of Pain? Most builds that use it are gimmick builds that run Restorative Mantras and totally spam MoP as fast as possible (which is a net DPS loss compared to doing autos, but that’s why it’s a gimmick build). That’s not what you’re doing and, based on how you like to move around, not really what you want to be doing, either. It’s not a lot of damage for the recharge time you’re investing in it — which, granted, you’re mostly doing while running away, but you could just as easily be using that time to wait out the cooldowns for a better skill like Null Field, Decoy, or Signet of Domination.
  • Please try Arcane Thievery instead of Mimic. You’ll get to steal boons from opponents and remove conditions from yourself, too.
  • At 8:30, you downed that enemy mesmer and just abandoned her. What you want to be doing there, if at all possible, is applying pressure to kill her for good, which would have allowed you to 1v1 the guardian instead of being outnumbered. (Either throw a bunch of damage on her or stomp her — that means run up and press F.)
Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yea, you’re a little positive hacker, arent you? Which anet is to lazy to do something about even when we throw proof in their faces. Like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1BRAXLvH0

This is when someone says that was just lag.

Anyway, the names match but the account numbers dont.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I’m pretty sure it’s the same person. Just with another account.I’ve seen Zarania.6235 cheat earlier to with my own eyes.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I’m pretty sure it’s the same person. Just with another account.I’ve seen Zarania.6235 cheat earlier to with my own eyes.

‘Look, here’s a hacker, this person is totally hacking!!!!!111’

‘Nice vid, obviously a hacker…but that’s not the same person…’

‘Well, I’m sure it’s totally the same person, trust me.’

…ok

in Mesmer

Posted by: darghe.3072

darghe.3072

…ok

Sadly I can confirm, I had this person a long time on my server (Riverside) zipping all around in OS as a necro. And with zipping I mean obviously tool teleporting.
Oh and as we speak right now there is a reddit thread with complaining about him up right now.
He was actually on my follower list so I thought I’d give him a little poke about all that fun and what do ya know, instablocked.

Oh well :P I guess I’ll be jumping around more these days in OS, though he switched servers a lot lately. Hopefully I can catch evidence soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

…ok

Sadly I can confirm, I had this person a long time on my server (Riverside) zipping all around in OS as a necro. And with zipping I mean obviously tool teleporting.
Oh and as we speak right now there is a reddit thread with complaining about him up right now.
He was actually on my follower list so I thought I’d give him a little poke about all that fun and what do ya know, instablocked.

Oh well :P I guess I’ll be jumping around more these days in OS, though he switched servers a lot lately. Hopefully I can catch evidence soon

I can confirm what darghe is saying . I saw that guy too and he was doing exactly the same thing. You know what is the saddest? He escaped the punishment again from what I know.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

So with all of you guys having sightings, one would think that it wouldn’t be too hard to actually get a video of it happening…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Since that incident I have a recording software always set up. Sadly I’m from another server so I guess I’ll meet him during another match-up.