Light Armour on Human Males... :(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

It’s been a few years now, and light armour looks as amazing on female humans as ever – yet I find it severely lacking in the human male department.

On Mesmers, especially, I’d much prefer to wear coats and pants over dresses and robes – which, don’t get me wrong, works wonderfully on Elementalists and Necromancers, but are – in my own, humble opinion – not a great fit on the aristocratic master of illusion.

The Noble Count outfit has an amazing looking chestpiece! Alas, I don’t want to wear entire outfits, much preferring to mix and match myself.

Any word on coming light armour designs? Lyssa’s armour, perhaps?

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It depends on personal taste. I think female light armour is generally terrible as it ranges from 1900s fully covered drab to kitten with very little middle ground and slanted more to the latter.

Edit: Figured that word would be blocked. Kitten = someone who “gives it away” and is “very easy”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

It depends on personal taste. I think female light armour is generally terrible as it ranges from 1900s fully covered drab to kitten with very little middle ground and slanted more to the latter.

Yeah, I agree. I switched my Mesmer from Sylvari to Charr for precisely this reason (which had its own set of problems).

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Armor in this game is made with female human and norn in mind. In case you didn’t look at Luminescent or Dwayna armor, or mostly everything for that matter, males are an afterthought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

I managed to put together a pretty good look for my male sylvari Mesmer, but it took a lot of doing, and I’m not sure what else to do. It’s mostly a combination of the Honor of the Waves and Vigil sets, with Exalted shoulders.

At least there’s the Exemplar’s Attire outfit for some GW1 Mesmer goodness, right?

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

Well I always hated the long cloaks and robes and clothing hanging like drapes so I gave my mesmer a bit more “modern” twist, (I guess)

Head doesn’t matter to me (if only I had those Wide rim glasses)
Inquest Vest
Shoulder Scarf
Gloves….I tend to not use..Idk why it’s on in this pic.
Ascalonian Performer pants
Conjurer shoes

I try to sway away from that common theme of purple, pink, magenta or most shades of red.
Illustrious shirt and pants and the rest is just glorious armor, Illustrious dyed with antique gold and glorious with white and illumination

Attachments:

(edited by Khyber.1284)

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

I got my male Mesmer looking pretty cool

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

you can have one of the trench coats from the medium armours, don’t need to give anything back in return…. just take them….. pls.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

just get an asura, since humans are boring anyway

Attachments:

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Try these:

AC shoulders, T2 human for the rest of the armor

arah shoulders/chest, carpace boots/gloves, embroidered legs

Hotw chest/legs, glorious shoulder pieces, carpace gloves, exalted boots

CoF set dyed full black with shoulders and helmet removed

Those are all the ones I really like for mesmer.

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I managed to put together a pretty good look for my male sylvari Mesmer, but it took a lot of doing, and I’m not sure what else to do. It’s mostly a combination of the Honor of the Waves and Vigil sets, with Exalted shoulders.

At least there’s the Exemplar’s Attire outfit for some GW1 Mesmer goodness, right?

That is an amazing look! O.O

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I agree that light armor on human males looks meh compared to females.
I’m bad at mixing & matching myself (i think, honestly never really bothered with it) but I love he Trickster set.
One of the only light armor sets that looks good on males.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Here is my little mesmer male asura Assassin I made yesterday. Think it should work on humans as well. Looks bad kitten to me. Winged headpiece, Magician Mantle, Vigil’s honor vest, Vigil’s honor leggings, Vigil’s honor boots, and Flame Legion Wraps. Dye colors are just brick and iron.

Attachments:

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

Gotta agree that armor on male mesmers leave a lot to be desired but luckily came across something that suited my style nicely.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

haha wow that is sooo cool. Love your joker outfit!

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

I think that there are a lot of good male sets out there, you just need to be a bit creative with the dyes and weapons.

Human T1 imo is very underated as an “elegant” armor set for the mesmer, and it takes dyes very well.

I prefer the chaos and madness-theme of the mesmer, esp. with males. Below is an example of a Lovecraft-inspired set I attempted.

Best of luck!

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

That is an amazing look! O.O

Thank you! It took a lot of effort to finally find a combination of armor and dyes that I liked and that worked well with his skin/hair (leaf) color.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Light Armor on human males is generally mediocre to terrible. There are some great pieces here and there, but because there’s so few of them, they might not even fit your intended character’s style while the ones that do are completely ugly.

GW2 is a game that prizes itself on cosmetic horizontal progression, but, apparently, it does not have enough talent to pull it off. Some excellent armor artworks are translated poorly into the in-game models, some excellent models can’t save the terrible art that sustains them, and only very occasionally will you get a set of armor that looks both artistically and technically good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s not just human males. Norn males are deformed, hideous creatures with huge gap between their legs, a hunching pose with shoulders going inwards, drooping manboobs, and undersized heads for the body size. They have a bad case of chicken legs so tiny and stubby compared to their larger upper body.

If anything needs help in this game, it’s male norns. They look absurd in almost everything.

Meanwhile female norns are Amazonian babes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

srsly i understand you; i did already 2 thread which were just ignored.

But for human male this is the best i could do.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Malice.8439

I’m mentally kicking myself for joining the Order of Whispers instead of the Vigil – the light armour provided from the Vigil (especially the legs) are actually quite nice.

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I’ll have to check that out. my first character was a norn mesmer, and I couldn’t stand looking at him. Big beefy guy in a dress…

Remade it as a female asuran. Much better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

but my Saudi prince

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: THE THIEF.8403

THE THIEF.8403

^ sweet reminds me of the abzan in M:tG! the desert sands will take you!

Siberian Mouse – Mes | Tibetan Mouse – Eng | LF some funzies

in Mesmer

Khyber.1284

Glorious head piece and a scarf….?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Am I doing it right?

Attachments:

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Malice.8439

but my Saudi prince

I love it.

It’s not my style at all, but I love it.

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

I think light armor on human males looks good ^^

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

i kinda like this set

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

Ha, thanks. My inspiration was Oberyn from Game of Thrones meets that Saudi Arabian guy/model that was deported for being too handsome. xD

gear: glorious crown, scarf, incarnate vest, ascended gloves, t3 cultural pants, ascended boots.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

personally i think the looks this guy does for male light armor, especially the HotW +blindfold looks pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QWU09X1T_Y

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

As far as male armor go, you do have some decent, robeless options.

If you have GW1 and EotN, the legacy armor is very good for a noble look, as long as you leave the headpiece off. I personnaly go with a monocle with that, but it doesn’t come cheap.

You can also get a nice dueling vibe for a moderate price with the following:
- human t1 (“researcher”) shoulder armor;
- ascalonian catacombs chestpiece;
- human t2 (“aristocrat”) pants;
- vigil boots;
Glove and headpiece as you see fit

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Gotta agree that armor on male mesmers leave a lot to be desired but luckily came across something that suited my style nicely.

haha, awesome!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Pssh. As someone who would prefer to have options for the ability to have her female mesmer wear snappy suits, I’m constantly envious of a lot of the male light armor mixes and outfits that I see. This is about as close as I’m allowed to get. How I would love to be able to wear the male Noble Count or Wedding version. The male light Heritage and Illustrious armors are also way better and more detailed than the female. So remember how lucky you are.

Attachments:

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Khyber.1284

Well I always hated the long cloaks and robes and clothing hanging like drapes so I gave my mesmer a bit more “modern” twist, (I guess)

Did you model him after this guy? Same hair/moustache…

Um, no, idk who that is and google doesn’t seem to clarify, i just choose that hair and hair color cuz I like it…

(edited by Khyber.1284)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cross Tobias.2680

Cross Tobias.2680

I have a couple of good outfits, one is a guild members ‘Dapper’ Mesmer (Img 2), the other is mine(Img 1)

Attachments:

Mesmer by Nature – May Lyssa confound you!

in Mesmer

Khyber.1284

I have a couple of good outfits, one is a guild members ‘Dapper’ Mesmer (Img 2), the other is mine(Img 1)

I love both of your outfits, Very “mesmer-y” And the screenshots are great~