Light Up the Darkness (Achievement)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Alright, folks. I need to get this puppy by the end of the weekend and I’m gonna do it with my mesmer. So, has anyone already achieved it with their mes? What’s the strategy you used?

I killed the boss already and got the mini, however, the build I used isn’t working to keep me alive long enough. =/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I haven’t done it yet, but I was considering 30 Inspiration to give myself plenty of consistent healing (restorative mantras and heal on shatter).

You could also look into how her shades act towards stealth. If they follow you still then a Prismatic Understanding build would give you a lot of survivability as you’re trying to collect the crystals.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

The problem is the limited time. I need to kill her pretty quickly after tossing the last ball. 20/0/0/20/30? Sword/torch & scepter/focus. I can use the focus to pull shadows into the holes instead of taking my chances by staying in one spot? 20 in power for the torch recharge and remove condition on use?

in Mesmer

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

my main is a ranger and i ended up doing it on mesmer. The trick is go full zerker and GS. I don’t remember exactly my traits exactly since i don’t play mesmer often. I had something like (20/20/10/0/20). so i phase one you use number 2 and 4 skill all the time to summon illusions to make sure the boss doesn’t hit you.

Just when phase 2 starts use your stealth utility that spawn a clone to get away from him as much as you can then you rotate clockwise. Moa elite skill works on him and you should also use the utility that gives 3 condi to your target cauz if she snares you it’s gg.

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I used the weirdest build ever…
10/20/10/0/30 i think.
signet mastery, far-reaching manipulations, blurred inscriptions, master of manipulation, illusionary invigoration, phantasmal haste and illusionary persona.Yea, i know >.<.
Used a sword focus and greatsword, signet of midnight, blink and feedback.

In phase 1 i stayed in sword/focus to use reflections, i occasionally switched to greatsword to kill the rift thingies and attack visions that dont aggro (and to get vigor because you can still crit 0 on them).

At phase 2, just doege the initial leap attack, and pretty much every other attack. Then you just run in circles and after a while the visions get stacked in a little ball and dont cause any trouble.

I used knight headpiece, top, gloves and shoulderpiece. Berserker skirt and boots. Cavalier rings, knight trinkets (i wanted to buycavalier but for some reason i didnt pay attention and bough the wrong ones >_<) and a berserker 16vit amulet.

The problemwith this build was that i literally killed her in te last second :O the announcer was already counting down and i killed her just ehen she hit 1 :P
Well, atleast i managed to survive… :/

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I killed her pretty easily with my 20/20/30/0/0 condition build. I used staff and sword/focus. Sword is for the extra evade and focus is for swiftness or pulling the Visions into the light wells. Also, I found that Moa-ing Liadri at the start of Phase 2 helped smooth the transition between phases. I also used Runes of Perplexity as well; if you leave clones behind you, she attacks quickly enough that the confusion damage isn’t half bad. Also, I used Mantra of Resolve as a cleanse because it was more reliable for quickly cleansing the two conditions she puts on you.

I haven’t beaten hard-mode Liadri yet with this build, but I’ve come very close (much closer than when I tried using a zerker build). So far I’ve been able to hit her with six crystals before I screw up and die somehow, but I believe that the build I’ve mentioned above can get the achievement and plan on getting it before the Jubilee ends.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

The best Mesmer trick I’ve discovered for Liadri is hard to explain but I’ll try:

- You must be in one of the domes where the second circle spawns up against the wall (the only one I’m sure of that does that is the south most one).
- During the second circle (which should be up against a wall), stand between Liadri and the circle, but as close to the circle as you can without being in it. You can be a little to the side to avoid the blast that hits the circle, you just need to stand there so that the shade coming from the other side of Liadri will come relatively towards the second circle and so that the shade that is going to spawn near the third circle will run towards it.
3) As the second shade nears you, another should spawn across from you directly in the path of where the third circle will spawn. As the 3rd Shade hits where the circle will be, use your Focus to yank the second shade up against the wall into the second circle.
4). This will result in the second shade hitting the circle and spawning the third circle under the shade you’ve positioned, and all of the other shades are on a different side of the arena so you’re free to grab and throw both, getting you to stage 2 very quickly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Northern Arena is pretty easy, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LUCKY HEART.1843

LUCKY HEART.1843

I’m finished it

http://youtu.be/cG1xoXq4Hyk

(edited by LUCKY HEART.1843)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ajalle.3561

Ajalle.3561

Finally finished it.

My setup: 0-20(I,X)-10(IV)-30(VI,III,XI)-10(VI). Soldier armor, berserker weapons and rings, trinkets. Blink, Arcane Thievery, Null Field, Moa as skills. Only with greatsword, without switching.
Spent over 200 tickets just for that achievement, trying different setups.

Few hints:
You can start phase 2 very easy, by throw 3rd shadow directly to void using Illusionary wave. But don’t forget to kill cosmic rift before pickup that crystal.
You can learn first 3 crystals of 2nd phase, like whole first phase. They are always same and can be done using safe zones between red circles. Rest fight are much easy, if you know, that only 2 crystals left.
Arcane Thievery are best friend for us. You can copy your 1min crippling to her, that makes kiting much easy.

(edited by Ajalle.3561)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I’m finished it

http://youtu.be/cG1xoXq4Hyk

Nice work You made it look easy!