Little annoyances that you'd like changed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

I’ve spent some time thinking about aspects of various skills that could be adjusted to be a little more player friendly. What would you put on the list?

My current top two:

I’d like Illusionary Wave to not autoface you toward your target. I’d prefer to just have it fire in the direction you’re facing. It makes it more useful for crowd control.

I’d like Feedback to not enable autoattack when used. I use it frequently when travelling when I know I’m not going to be able to avoid aggroing a ranged enemy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I’d like iWarden to walk to his target if and when he gets knocked back and/or his target moves to attack something else.

I’d also like iDisenchanter to not spawn at the most awkward places and instead spawn like the other ranged phantasms (iWarlock, iDuelist and iMage) next to you.

Mantras. How to get started on mantras… Well if anything I’d like mantras to be refilled (or have the option to be recharged) if you’ve already used 1 charge and are out of combat.

Oh, and it’d be awesome if staff clones’ attacks actually bounced all the time. Would make iElasticity much more valuable.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

….Santa
I would like a dog for cristmas

Crap it’s not December…..
WHYYYYYYYY.

Oh wait…
…..jack the pumpkin king
I want a undead princess unicorn dog for Halloween

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

I’d like iWarden to walk to his target if and when he gets knocked back and/or his target moves to attack something else.

I’d also like iDisenchanter to not spawn at the most awkward places and instead spawn like the other ranged phantasms (iWarlock, iDuelist and iMage) next to you.

Mantras. How to get started on mantras… Well if anything I’d like mantras to be refilled (or have the option to be recharged) if you’ve already used 1 charge and are out of combat.

Oh, and it’d be awesome if staff clones’ attacks actually bounced all the time. Would make iElasticity much more valuable.

I warden is not made for damage. It’s made for projectlies protection/reflects(with trait)

The ability to control were they spawn and use their first attack would be nice though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I warden is not made for damage. It’s made for projectlies protection/reflects(with trait)

The ability to control were they spawn and use their first attack would be nice though.

Have to agree. Do any other classes get to create in field “terrain”? Having a iWarden or two in the field can completely shut a ranged offensive down, forcing the enemy into melee (and subsequently into the iWarden). If he’s running off all the time he’s A: not attacking, and B: charging into melee/ranged attacks to die. Bad times

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would like to be able to use Feedback and Chaos Storm without being DOWNED thanks to the retaliation…

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Surely in that case the reflect should be PART of the skill, not require a trait. It is used for damage. Yes when traited it can be used for reflection but its primary aka Untraited use is damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I would like it if reflects and delayed projectiles didnt always reveal us :’(

Its so annoying having to wait autoattacking with a staff for 3 seconds just ti be able to stealth >__<

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Phantasm skills should run a range+LoS check before casting (while keeping the current check so the skill fails if an enemy breaks LoS during the cast time)

It’s so annoying for one of them to fail and go on full cooldown because half a twig got in the way and it just so happens that object blocks line of sight, while the massive coral chunks in Orr don’t.

iWarden should let you pick its location to act as a reliable defense (but keep its current AI so running away from it once negates further damage), Feedback should spawn on the enemy weapon, or at least their geometric center as opposed to ground level, and Temporal Curtain really should be 2-3x as high, right now even standing inside it doesn’t guarantee the reflect unless you’re an asura.

Downed State #2 should start with a 1s cooldown so you don’t cast it if you miss another skill (everything except GS has a defensive skill on #2…), or better yet simply cancel all orders when downed. Also remove the random teleport, it has killed me more often than it helped (especially in combination with the above)

Shorter cast times on blocks and interrupts would also be nice, but that might be bad for PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

One thing I would change, that I just discovered the true reason for.
Winds of chaos revealing you from stealth, if you’ve got a bolt flying out there, somewhere.
I kinda feel you shouldn’t be revealed by anything, from the moment you press decoy/MI/Torch#4, other than actively attacking from stealth. But as is, if you’ve got a bolt flying towards an enemy, you will be revealed from stealth

in Mesmer

Posted by: Firelight.2809

Firelight.2809

I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it’s intended, but either way I’d like Temporal Curtain to effectively refresh swiftness duration, just like any other swiftness skill in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Focus 4 should finally stack with other speed buffs.

iWarlock should stop missing.

Feedback needs a marker and no autoaim.

Mimic should grant stability.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I would say that it would be infinitely more annoying both PvP and PvE for the iWarden to follow its target. If you spawned it on a ranged character PvP, all they have to do now is strafe slightly to the side and continue shooting while your warden starts, stops and restarts his attack cycle pointlessly on his spawn point. If he were to constantly follow that character, they would have to constantly reposition. Same logic when using it on a melee character. If you are meleeing someone and plan to sit in your warden’s bubble to reflect incoming ranged hits, all they have to do is move 4 steps in order to make your 20+ second cd Warden wasted. If the warden were to follow, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that there would be more reflective uptime.

PvE, Warden does count for damage. I run a sword/focus build PvE with iDefender and iDisenchanter for utility skills so iWarden is my main offensive phantasm, one easily negated by the mob either knocking him back or moving 3 steps to hit another target.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kryptic.7920

Kryptic.7920

Focus 4 should stack swiftness, just like every other swiftness in the game except Focus 4

in Mesmer

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Focus 4 should stack swiftness, just like every other swiftness in the game except Focus 4

The only problem with that is it stays on the ground. If it stacks Swiftness, I could just run back and fourth and stack a minute of it. It should at least work like the guardian’s Symbol of Swiftness and just refresh it if you already have it and not be completely ignored.

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

That, and a little buff to the skill. I really hate how when not traited this skill is pretty much useless besides the pull and swiftness.

Maybe having it give fury to allies and weekness to enemies?

Would be fair because you have to walk in to it.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Also Focus 4 should get HIGHER if traited. wild harpy appears hahaha eat that batich summons focus 4harpy shoots over it T_T

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

What I really want in general, is a range indicator on my cursor (be it a number or a colour), so I can just simply use fast ground targeting… That’s for all classes not just mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bretk.6019

bretk.6019

Portal Entry/Exit:
I would like to see a skill icon notification when you get out of range for placing the exit. There are existing indicators for other skills when target is out of range (red bar at bottom of icon). I would like the red bar to appear at the bottom of the portal icon when I go beyond range.

(GLOB) – FA

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Portal Entry/Exit:
I would like to see a skill icon notification when you get out of range for placing the exit. There are existing indicators for other skills when target is out of range (red bar at bottom of icon). I would like the red bar to appear at the bottom of the portal icon when I go beyond range.

THIS WE NEED THIS!!

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

Portal Entry/Exit:

THIS WE NEED THIS!!

It’s been brought up before….but regardless

WE NEED THIS!!!!!!!

+1+1+1+1+infinity

in Mesmer

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

iLeap should work going up & down stairs/slanted terrain.

in Mesmer

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

iLeap should work going up & down stairs/slanted terrain.

and let me blink onto stairs. Oh and Nullfield being blocked by Aegis that is just silly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

1. I don’t like that Mesmers cannot summon clones on invulnerable NPCs. Necros and Rangers can still send their pets on invulnerable NPCs but because skills do not work on invulnerable NPCs we cant summon clones; which leaves us completely vulnerable to attack and we do not have the gear and other self-surviving skills to compensate for it.

2. Our clones HP was nerfed into the ground since launch and now with boss fights being made harder clones have become twice as useless because any AOE attack can one shot them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

1. I don’t like that Mesmers cannot summon clones on invulnerable NPCs. Necros and Rangers can still send their pets on invulnerable NPCs but because skills do not work on invulnerable NPCs we cant summon clones; which leaves us completely vulnerable to attack and we do not have the gear and other self-surviving skills to compensate for it.

2. Our clones HP was nerfed into the ground since launch and now with boss fights being made harder clones have become twice as useless because any AOE attack can one shot them.

lol yup this is also a problem in wvw as the clones die before the shatter happens in a zerg, which makes us lose a viable access to aoe.

also for me annoying is that when i am standing right under the cannon and use phantasmal warden it says even out of range(which it is clearly not) or los and then goes into full cooldown. if a phantasm fails due to los it shouldnt go into full cooldown.

if i just used nullfield and then swap another utility out while the cooldown is still ticking to something else like portal, the portal has the same cooldown like nullfield.

i leap falling all the time.

when using feedback getting a ton of retal dmg which doesent make sense at all.

the 1 second cooldown on tc. very often i find myself cornered by warriors where a fast tc pull was able to give me at least a chance to get a second or 2, but because of the 1 sec cooldown the warriors will interrupt me before i can pull them away from me.

the massive cooldown on tw. after the nerf of tw 240 is wayyyyyyy too much.
massinvis sometimes not includes myself o.0

sceper nr 3 is sooo annoying as it is slow and fails a loooot of times.

diversion fails way too often

blink is supposed to break stuns. u blink and are further away but still stunned a lot of times

phase retreat makes things worse wayyy to often especially when it doesnt retreat u but moves u forward instead.

when using feedback u sometimes get pulled in the middle of a zerg even though doors

when using feedback on a mesmer blinking u blink instead (can be funny, but is confusing)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

we do not have the gear and other self-surviving skills to compensate for it.

not

Which profession are you playing?

Mesmer has some of the best active defense out there, and most of them work without illusions :/. Besides, only completely new players will mistake a clone for a mesmer, in pvp.

edit: as far as i know, illusion hp got buffed. They dint have to stay alive anyway, you can shatter them for vigor or let them die for weakness. Clones dont really do anything if you let them stay there :/.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

If you press F1, all clones will go shatter themselves. Now you have 2 sec time to press it again, if you do so, the phantasms will also shatter. Phantasm builds can now make use of profession skills….

in Mesmer

Emissary Vex.5690

Which profession are you playing?

Mesmer has some of the best active defense out there, and most of them work without illusions :/. Besides, only completely new players will mistake a clone for a mesmer, in pvp.

edit: as far as i know, illusion hp got buffed. They dint have to stay alive anyway, you can shatter them for vigor or let them die for weakness. Clones dont really do anything if you let them stay there :/.

Name two ways Mesmers can survive on par with other classes without clones.

I specifically mentioned the AOE used by the new boss revamps and you compare that to newbs in pvp? Your point could not be more irrelevant.

No their HP did not get buffed, it got nerfed, twice, immediately after launch.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I specifically mentioned the AOE used by the new boss revamps and you compare that to newbs in pvp? Your point could not be more irrelevant.

Ok seriously – don’t talk about something you haven’t even checked! I just went trough ALL the patch notes since release and there was not a single nerf to the HP of illusions. You must have been playing the beta, or just dreamt it…

Split the hit point values of clones and phantasms by game type:
Increased the phantasm base hit points by 55% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the phantasm base hit points by 270% in PvE.
Decreased the clone base hit points by 25% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the clone base hit points by 28% in PvE.

For me this looks like a very very obvious buff, don’t ya think so?
(source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013/first#post2339673)

None illusion addicted defense abilities of the mesmer? Hm… Scepter block, sword block, sword blur, chaos storm aegis, F4 is even timeable with a short summon from sword 3 e.g., mimic block, tons of aoe projectile reflections, portal, blink, staff 2… I can’t see a problem to evade or block attacks without illusions … The “problem” is not the mesmer I guess …

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

selan.8354

Ok seriously – don’t talk about something you haven’t even checked! I just went trough ALL the patch notes since release and there was not a single nerf to the HP of illusions. You must have been playing the beta, or just dreamt it…

Split the hit point values of clones and phantasms by game type:
Increased the phantasm base hit points by 55% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the phantasm base hit points by 270% in PvE.
Decreased the clone base hit points by 25% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the clone base hit points by 28% in PvE.

For me this looks like a very very obvious buff, don’t ya think so?
(source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013/first#post2339673)

None illusion addicted defense abilities of the mesmer? Hm… Scepter block, sword block, sword blur, chaos storm aegis, F4 is even timeable with a short summon from sword 3 e.g., mimic block, tons of aoe projectile reflections, portal, blink, staff 2… I can’t see a problem to evade or block attacks without illusions … The “problem” is not the mesmer I guess …

actually the best blocks are scepter 2 and the mh sword block imo as u can still move around while doing so. f4 requires clones unless u traited, chaos storm is rng based and very very rarely i get ageis, but comes in handy due to interrupts. mimc is fine vs projectiles, but with the current meta u will see way more hammers and swords instead of projectiles.
and yes vs a thief its not fun if u cant spawn anything to defend yourself, because there is no target 90 percent of the time, but if u have a scepter, helloooooo torment, good bye thief.
erm but sword blurred frenzy got nerfed hard btw. reflects and blurred fenzy both can kill u with retal dmg if u hit a zerg with it.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I tought it was about PvE? :o (not the thread, just the post I’ve answered). “Requires clones” for F4 is enough to produce one that you will shatter immediately. There is no problem with casting 3 sword or 2 staff and shatter it right after to evade an attack.

As for mimic, after absorbed one projectile it will block everything for the rest of the 4 sec duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

Our “create a chaos storm on falling damage” trait seems to have an unstated icd of about 30 seconds.

While on my warrior today I noticed there is no icd on the “damage and launch foes on falling damage”

Seems unfair. I’d like the icd gone.

in Mesmer

Emissary Vex.5690

Did you really think anyone was going to believe you read ALL the patch notes in the 30 minutes before you responded? If you are done exaggerating you need to read on the traits and spells that affect HP.

Oh wait, you think having a couple blocks is even remotely on par with the complete invulnerability that other classes get? Let me laugh harder

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ionus.5467

Ionus.5467

I just want my iWarlock to hit if the target is strafing….I collected some funny footage of 3 warlocks trying to nuke my friend in spvp who was just strafing back and forth like a foot. wif…wif…wif…..

I’ll try to post it soon.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

I just want my iWarlock to hit if the target is strafing….I collected some funny footage of 3 warlocks trying to nuke my friend in spvp who was just strafing back and forth like a foot. wif…wif…wif…..

I’ll try to post it soon.

hahaha yeah that one is pretty annyong but please wanna see that video hahaha

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I’ll repeat some that have been mentioned because these are important:

• Fix iLeap pathing
  • Fix retaliation (see my post about it ) that affects in an unbalanced way many of our skills
  • Fix temporal curtain’s speed stacking
  • Fix iWarden attack range
  • Add a portal range indicator
  • Fix scepter clones making them cast the full autoattack chain (like the sword clones do)
  • Fix the random teleports on Feedback use (they are still there)

Suggestions (not small fixes):

• Remove the rooting on Mind Stab and/or increase the radius
  • Reduce the scepter autoattack direct damage and add a condition component (bleed or confusion) to make a proper condition weapon instead of the hybrid it is currently
  • Reduce null field duration to 3s, but make it remove 2 cond/boon per pulse
  • Prioritize null field boon and condition stripping:

boon: aegis > stability > protection > might > regen > retaliation > swiftness > vigor > fury
conditions: immobilize|fear > bleed|burning|poison|torment > chill > cripple > weakness > confusion > blind > vulnerability

in Mesmer

canadez.5328

its not really random – skills like Dark Path from necro cause you to teleport if they cast it in Feedback, because its a projectile. I think Scorpion Wire has the same effect. Which makes me thinking if ppl can exploit it in WvW if you have a friend on the other server.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Did you really think anyone was going to believe you read ALL the patch notes in the 30 minutes before you responded? If you are done exaggerating you need to read on the traits and spells that affect HP.

Oh wait, you think having a couple blocks is even remotely on par with the complete invulnerability that other classes get? Let me laugh harder

I read them all yes, but just the mesmer part ya know. But it’s fine if you don’t beleve me, for me I know I’m right greez

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Mesmers have many sources of invul, so to think we’re behind in that area is completely ignorant?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Sword#3 Leap – I want the clone to jump slightly in the Z-Axis at activation like ranger/warrior/guard/etc Leaps to fix its pathing issues with hills/tiny pebbles on the floor it feels it just can’t navigate…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

ileap doesn’t work on some terrain, it is buggy and needs fixing

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Portal, an out of bounds indicator would be great. Equally as good would be a count down timer! One to let us know how much longer we have to lay the exit portal. That would be awesome! How hard could that be to add a 60 sec countdown?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

its not really random – skills like Dark Path from necro cause you to teleport if they cast it in Feedback, because its a projectile. I think Scorpion Wire has the same effect. Which makes me thinking if ppl can exploit it in WvW if you have a friend on the other server.

Yes. And infiltrator arrow for thieves… but it’s totally wrong to make the “reflect” effect on those skills affect the mesmer. It should simply cancel out the effect for the player casting it (teleport on one direction and then back), why pull the mesmer around?!

in Mesmer

canadez.5328

Yes. And infiltrator arrow for thieves… but it’s totally wrong to make the “reflect” effect on those skills affect the mesmer. It should simply cancel out the effect for the player casting it (teleport on one direction and then back), why pull the mesmer around?!

Of course its wrong. But the problem for anet is there are no real teleports all are just “tricks”. Anet wont redo all skills and make them not use projectiles. So the only reasonable solution i can think of is make those skills unblockable. But i am not sure if anet will go that far, because that might cause balance issues.

edit: Just checked Dark Path is already unblockable. Nevermind then about mentioning Dark Path causing that issue.

(edited by canadez.5328)