Long Duration Fears From Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

So messing about this morning and we are fairly sure a mesmer was procing 6 secs, maybe more, fears on us so anyone going to own up knowing how if that is the case? The guy we suspect it is seems to be wearing TA gear, so its could be some bug with Nightmare, it doesn’t seem to be Sunless, but the procs are much more often than 90 seconds and much longer than the theoretical max of 4 secs with 100% duration.

Thoughts?

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

So messing about this morning and we are fairly sure a mesmer was procing 6 secs, maybe more, fears on us so anyone going to own up knowing how if that is the case? The guy we suspect it is seems to be wearing TA gear, so its could be some bug with Nightmare, it doesn’t seem to be Sunless, but the procs are much more often than 90 seconds and much longer than the theoretical max of 4 secs with 100% duration.

Thoughts?

No idea, honestly. Mesmer has 0 access to fear normally.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

The only way i know that a mesmer can get fear is via mirror of anguish trait in the chaos line.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

You used to able to get a 1 sec fear if you used light armour from TA, even after changing out the Nightmare runes. Not sure if that was ever fixed or not but last time I checked, it was not fixed.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

what profession are you? the only way we could get that is mirror like magi said so if ur condi duration is high and u fear he can mirror it and youll take the fear

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Maybe reflects?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

mesmers only have access to projectile reflects and i dont think any class has fear on projectiles

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

just be clear, because I was also there:

-the OP mains a mesmer and he knows a great deal about mesmer specs, traits and skills

-this happened in wvw

-the mesmer he mentioned seemed to gives us long duration fears in very short succession. At one point I was left fighting him alone and by the time he died I had been feared 2-3 times. I was playing my engie.

-he was wearing TA armor so I assumed 6x nightmare; we tried to replicate it in spvp and it was working as intended, a short fear every 90 seconds.

-obviously this could be a mistake on our part, just missinterpreting what happened but we are bound to find the same guy in wvw again, will try to record and confirm it.

cheers^^

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Hai Maska,

Mesmers work as intended,

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Each mesmer clone has its own internal cooldown for fear when you wear six pieces of TA armor. You can keep summoning clones and effectively perma-fear people who are careless about attacking clones. Yes, the fear duration stacks if they hit multiple clones with a single AoE. I’ve gotten 8+ seconds of fear.

Note that this is very specific. Six pieces of TA armor. Runes don’t matter. WvW/PvE only. Doesn’t seem to work with non-TA armor with Nightmare runes.

Note also that this has always been the case. It just wasn’t as noticeable when it was a 5% chance, but now that it’s a 50% chance of proc…

Second Child

(edited by mango.9267)

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

No wonder I’m seeing 2 or 3 golems constantly spawning on me when I wear my human T3 armor (originally CoE armor). With 3 phantasms and 3 golems out, even solo you feel OP. One of the best bugs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Yes it does seem to be an interesting ability built into the armour. I noticed prior to the update after replacing my CoE armour runes with perplexity runes I had two rune bonuses, one was the golem that I seemed to be always summoning and the other was the confusion additions. Tbh I kinda like this, it makes the dungeon armour sorta special in that it always keeps a bonus for doing the dungeon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Each mesmer clone has its own internal cooldown for fear when you wear six pieces of TA armor. You can keep summoning clones and effectively perma-fear people who are careless about attacking clones. Yes, the fear duration stacks if they hit multiple clones with a single AoE. I’ve gotten 8+ seconds of fear.

Note that this is very specific. Six pieces of TA armor. Runes don’t matter. WvW/PvE only. Doesn’t seem to work with non-TA armor with Nightmare runes.

Note also that this has always been the case. It just wasn’t as noticeable when it was a 5% chance, but now that it’s a 50% chance of proc…

thank you for clearing this up for us, was driving us nuts trying to figure it out.
<3

this needs a quick fix tho, it’s too easily exploitable.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TribesTom.7940

TribesTom.7940

Hi,

I have little question what is TA armor ?

thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Cheswold III.5780

Lord Cheswold III.5780

Twilight Arbor dungeon armor

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emerahl.2603

Emerahl.2603

If that is the case then it also happens when wearing transmuted TA armour as well. My clones were fearing people in wvw and my armour was originally TA before I transmuted it.

in Mesmer

Lord Jim.3971

Thanks mango, I was pretty certain it was a bug relating to TA armour and Nightmare runes based on the old bugs with it and procing fears when transmutated. It was kinda “hmm this is a bit odd, oh well” along with some “wow how long is that fear..?” but if I’d had a whole shed load of condis on me when a mesmer dropped an 8 second fear on me I’d be slightly more annoyed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

To be clear: When you make the bug report be sure to mention whether the bug is linked to the armor’s stats or the armor’s skins. My understanding of the issue is that some remnant of the set still exists (you already said the runes could be replaced), so knowing which that is will help get it fixed all the faster.

But – I wouldn’t answer that question here unless you want to see this ‘bug’ cropping up a lot more often. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

This isn’t a new bug. It’s been around forever. The 1 sec fear is still there even if you replace the runes or transmute the skin – as long as you wear all 6 pieces. The CoE armour summons golems.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Lord Jim.3971

Its a new variant, I’ve played nearly 5k hours of GW2 and Wednesday was the first time I’ve ever been feared by a Mesmer for 6 seconds and I really don’t believe Wednesday was the first time we’ve killed a mesmer using TA gear. The case is closed, we know what the cause is and we know why the fear duration was so long, the runes were changed to a 2 sec Fear with 50% proc chance on Tuseday, add in a minimum of 40% condi duration, more like 60% as PU cheese build, and you are looking at 3 secs per clone hit with it stacking per clone as mango said and multiple fears coming from the fact each clone counts as a new event to trigger the 6th set bonus, which was born out by the fact the guildies were getting new fears from this guy while I was still halfway through my own.

(edited by Lord Jim.3971)

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Is this intended ? Or is this a bug waiting to b fixed

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Or is this a bug waiting to b fixed

Yes, been reported, we should see a fix for this rather soon I would imagine.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Is this intended ? Or is this a bug waiting to b fixed

This will probably be fixed. It’s a bit sad because I quite enjoyed the random extra fears every once in a while, back when it was a 5% chance of proc. It wasn’t game breaking and opponents generally didn’t mind. Now that it’s a 50% chance of proc, everyone notices, and it downright destroys small group balance.

Why? Well, the fact that you fear more frequently and for longer durations than necros is already a sign. But also because fear now interrupts. Couple this with perplexity runes and the new GM trait, and you’ll be stacking insane amounts of confusion while forcing almost all of your opponent’s skills onto a 10 sec cd.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Well id say with the new perplexity runes and 25 in duelist means 2 stacks per clone which is pretty strong. I hope they dont lol

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Or with the runes rhat summon parrots or golems

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I was solo’ing SEp1 last night. Most of the fight were me, 3 phantasms, and 3 golems constantly knocking the mob around with their spins. It’s glorious XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Why can’t this also work in pvp? T_T

Would be awesome.

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Why wouldnt it work in pvp? Im sure it does

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

It kind of makes sense for it to work tho seeing how they are “cloness” i think they shuld keep it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Why wouldnt it work in pvp? Im sure it does

It doesn’t.