Longbows?

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Please allow mesmers to wield longbows at some point.

Man that would be siiiiiiiick!!!!

Either that or make a bow wielding class that isn’t uber lame!
MESMERS NEED BOWS

Sincerely, me.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

Longbow?…. LongNO.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

At best I could see crossbows if they were added.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I would rather have a main hand pistol

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

And if we are going to get a bow, make it shortbows. That way we can use the Dreamer, the only legendary that looks like something a mesmer would use.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I agree that longbow classes aren’t much fun. But who cares. It’s a bow.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Main Hand Pistol or Whip instead, please.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Considering mesmers already have 2 ranged twohanders (Staff, greatsword), 4 offhands and yet only 1 viable mainhand (lolsceptre…)

What we really DON’T need is another ranged twohander, what we need is a half decent mainhand ranged weapon… like a pistol (Or, a total revamp of the sceptre)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Considering mesmers already have 2 ranged twohanders (Staff, greatsword), 4 offhands and yet only 1 viable mainhand (lolsceptre…)

What we really DON’T need is another ranged twohander, what we need is a half decent mainhand ranged weapon… like a pistol (Or, a total revamp of the sceptre)

Total bullkitten, scepter rocks hard.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Total bullkitten, scepter rocks hard.

It still suffers from something of an identity crisis. However, the change to Confusing Images does rock rather hard. That auto-attack chain, OTOH … Honestly, though –
I’d rather go MH Pistol than any Bow. We’re duelists, not snipers. Also, GS already
fits in as our “massive range” weapon.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Personaly I dont want another 2 h weapon, I rather see as other mentioned another of our OH to get a simmilar MH. Pistol would be best as this would lets us by 30 points in dueling get cd down on both s/s and P/P.

/Osicat

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Bows don’t really suit the class – would be like giving a hammer to a thief, or a greatsword to an engi.

I agree that each class should have some new weapons added at some point, but there still needs to be some separation between the tools they have access to.

MH pistol is the first thing that the mesmer should get. Anything else is a bonus. I’m personally rooting for land based spear with tweaked abilities.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

A hammer thief sounds pretty awesome actually. I just picture some theif leaping out of the shadows and thwacking an enemy square on the head with a sledge hammer, lol!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

A hammer thief sounds pretty awesome actually. I just picture some theif leaping out of the shadows and thwacking an enemy square on the head with a sledge hammer, lol!

Stealth attack: thief stealthily breaks bones in your legs to provide a on immobilize…stealthily breaking bones, that’s a thing, right?

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Stealth attack: thief stealthily breaks bones in your legs to provide a on immobilize…stealthily breaking bones, that’s a thing, right?

Since GW2 is basically an anime you can play…yes it’s a thing. Haha.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

I could see Thief with Mace, more than Hammer. Think sap or billy club. Now, Hammers on Engi? It’d be like Torchlight 2, for ginormous wrenches.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I would rather have a main hand pistol

I would also much rather have main hand pistol. We currently have only one ranged option for a 1h set up (scepter) and I’m sure I’m not alone in really hating that weapon. The slow wind up on attacks, the weak damage, and the auto clone generation. We already have pistol in our tool kit of weapons, so if they are going to add a new weapon for mesmers…it should be main hand pistol. I’d like this to have an alternative to the scepter (which auto generates normal clones with its basic attack). Having main hand pistol would still allow us to have a focus equipped and have a ranged weapon they could attach both a decent aoe effect to as well as a tactical clone generator ability…much like mh sword’s iLeap. I think great sword and staff already cover anything they could implement with a bow.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Watch young Steven Segal…it’s totally a thing

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

What I want is a thread about weapon selection that doesnt turn into MAINHANDPISTOLNOWOMGNEEDIT. I agree that a bow seems somewhat unsuitable, though. I like the scepter would hope its further buffed/fixed to be a viable alternative to the sword. Giving it and the clones it makes confusion and/or other disablers would be nice.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

Longbow seems pretty weird to me. I think we are fine with the weapons we have now actually.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Snow White.9680

Greatsword seemed like a weird concept to me on a caster but, dude its awesome on mesmer.

I think longbow on a mesmer would be really cool! !

I’ve talked to 2 devs about it already, lol.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: int randInt return.3280

int randInt return.3280

Make it a melee weapon, like we have the greatsword as a ranged weapon. (Not sure how serious I am here)

Crafters [CRFT]
We do open missions every Sunday night.
Contact Mistoffelees in game if you’re interested.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Snow White.9680

Considering mesmers already have 2 ranged twohanders (Staff, greatsword)

Wait…people use the staff at range?

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

What I want is a thread about weapon selection that doesnt turn into MAINHANDPISTOLNOWOMGNEEDIT. I agree that a bow seems somewhat unsuitable, though. I like the scepter would hope its further buffed/fixed to be a viable alternative to the sword. Giving it and the clones it makes confusion and/or other disablers would be nice.

RANGED DAGGERS, HERE I COME~~!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I took about a 4 month hiatus from GW2 and OMG!!! Did longbow Rangers get a buff?!?! They are sooooooo annoying. I know they were in huge need of a buff, so kudos to them, but OMG they make me e-rage in sPvP!!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

MH Pistol. We only have 1 MH 1-hander (Scepter).

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

:D

Right, so we need the following:
- melee longbow/shortbow
- ranged hammer
- ranged (flying) daggers?

- MH pistol.

Oh and thief should get a new 2 hander – maybe a staff or spear?

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

A little piece of me dies inside everytime someone says a particular weapon doesn’t fit the Mesmer profile. We are a class based on strange, misleading and unorthodox attacks. Bows could easily be adapted to fit us. As I started in another post, they could be used like Klingon Battleths with the occasional shot fired, just to remind people that we are using a bow. Another idea came to me today. Ever watch Bleach? Quincies fight an awful lot like Mesmers, if you as me, and they ALL use bows!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: salaman.7913

salaman.7913

As long as we’re in the topic of ridiculous weapon options – Thief + Greatsword, Engi + Scepter, Necro + Pistol, Ele + Shield, Mesmer + Rifle. (Warriors and Guardians can already use almost all the weapons, sorry :P ).

In a more trolltastic world: I’d like to get some whips or greaves up in this game.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

OMG whips would be awesome!!!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

A little piece of me dies inside everytime someone says a particular weapon doesn’t fit the Mesmer profile. We are a class based on strange, misleading and unorthodox attacks. Bows could easily be adapted to fit us. As I started in another post, they could be used like Klingon Battleths with the occasional shot fired, just to remind people that we are using a bow. Another idea came to me today. Ever watch Bleach? Quincies fight an awful lot like Mesmers, if you as me, and they ALL use bows!

The only thing is there has to be some restriction, otherwise you may as well give every class every weapon.

Yes I agree with you that you can make any weapon fit the mesmer because of the deception and not using things as they’re “meant” to be used, and I’m sure you could make most weapons fit most classes too, even things like a hammer thief or a rifle guardian.

I dunno, maybe they should give every class every weapon, with different class specific abilities and let the player decide for themselves what style they wish to go with.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wisler.9485

Wisler.9485

I REALLY want a focus with a fan skin and MH focus, because THAT would be cool. Or the darkelf only weapons from sacred (forgot the name).

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

MH focus would be awesome – dual wield fans

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

…You know? I have to eat crow, and retract my anti-bow argument. Some of the crapola Quincies pull out could get retooled for Mesmer use. Other than that, I’d also sign up for:
Whips.
Thrown Daggers could be fun. Hell, Dagger OH could be pretty stylish by itself.

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’m fairly certain main hand pistol is a given now because so many people have requested it. I’m also hoping shortbows are implemented so I can rock the dreamer. For the longest, I wanted a whip but I think a 2-hand katana would be a better melee weapon. Iaijitsu has Mesmer written all over it!

Longbows?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m fairly certain main hand pistol is a given now because so many people have requested it.

Ahhhh, to be young and naive…