Looking for a bit of advice - PVE/Dungeons

in Mesmer

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

Hey folks,

I used to main a Mesmer a long time ago then left the game, and came back yet have disregarded my Mesmer somewhat but ant to get back into it. In regards to dungeons i understand S/S & S/F is the most efficient DPS, however i have been having problems with PUGs and was wandering if anyone has a more supporty build, i looked at Fay’s guide and some of the ideas look interesting but many of the builds haven’t been commented on/updated in months.

Cheers.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |

in Mesmer

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

S/S and S/F IS the supporty weapon set you can bring to a PUG. Except for pistol (which you should also carry), our other weapons are basically crap.

The focus provides a unique pull as well as projectile defenses, and the offhand sword provides the strong phantasm as well as a block and aoe daze. Swap one of those weapons for the pistol when it’s more useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Build 2 and Build 5 in that link are the support options that a Mesmer can bring, yup. This is mostly in the form of condition cleanse + full reflect uptime. Depending on the dungeon, both of these things can be quite important/useful in carrying your team.