Looking for an up to date PVE Phantasm build

in Mesmer

Posted by: OmniGodBoy.8241

OmniGodBoy.8241

I know there are some in the stickies, but those are from 2012-2013 and I heard that there was an update in jan 2014 that affected mesmers. I’m looking for a good pve phantasm build for solo and dungeons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

25/30/0/0/15 – open world pve
0/30/0/25/15 – dungeons (mantra)
10/20/0/25/15 – dungeons (non-mantra)

All are sword/sword + sword/focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

25/30/0/0/15 – open world pve
0/30/0/25/15 – dungeons (mantra)
10/20/0/25/15 – dungeons (non-mantra)

All are sword/sword + sword/focus.

Almost. For open world PvE, greatsword + s/f is highly recommended. The gs allows you to get rapid long-range tags in events and such.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

++ to Pyro and Frifox.

This is a good template to go on. (Note that this one is 10/30/0/20/10, which is very similar to the 0/30 build but more effective in some situations). This shows you all the traits that you want. (Credit to gw2dungeons for the template)

The basic idea of gameplay is to maximize mantra utility on your skill bar to get +8-12% damage, while summoning warden + swordsman and then auto-attacking with sword in melee. Use reflects (focus 4 + warden + feedback) as appropriate.

The 10/20 build is fine for learning and if you hate mantras. But almost all speed-clear runners will be using 0/30 or 10/30, which are effective in maximizing the damage from your reflections (which is very often more important than personal and phantasm DPS).

(edited by maxinion.8396)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SorrowsEmbrace.8120

SorrowsEmbrace.8120

I’d also throw in the pure damage 30/30/0/0/10 variant. I don’t think this would have been viable before the new heal, but with the ability to pump out wardens back to back, I think you can squeeze out enough absorbs for many situations. The grandmaster in the power line gives you one more mantra charge, which helps keep them up for the damage bonus. You can also trait signets which brings your heal down to 20 seconds and signet of inspiration to 36 seconds.

~ Zoii

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

I’d also throw in the pure damage 30/30/0/0/10 variant. I don’t think this would have been viable before the new heal, but with the ability to pump out wardens back to back, I think you can squeeze out enough absorbs for many situations. The grandmaster in the power line gives you one more mantra charge, which helps keep them up for the damage bonus. You can also trait signets which brings your heal down to 20 seconds and signet of inspiration to 36 seconds.

That’s a good one too.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

I’m still a firm believer in the 10/20/0/25/15 trait spread simply because its versatility is far superior to an overly-focused mantra setup.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

it’s not just that you got there your normally 8-12% additional damage, no, you also gain precision and crit dmg wich also is transfered to your phants. 15% phantasm damage +100 power < 12% personal damage +5% crit chance +10% crit damage. But if you don’t use mantras, sure 10/20/0/25/15 is better.

Maybe next patch the new meta becomes 0/30/0/20/20?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

It’s also super easy to have just 2 mantras equipped at all times. Since the Mantra of Recovery is actually a great heal, there’s no reason not to use that. Additionally, there are basically no situations where one of Mantra of Resolve, Mantra of Concentration, or Mantra of Distraction is not one of the best utilities you should have equipped (as they are your best sources of condition cleanse/ stability + stun break/ defiant stripping respectively). Almost all situations can easily accommodate two of them, in fact.

Hell, I’d have to run the numbers to be sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if even one mantra is enough to make 0/30 come out ahead over 10/20.

And this doesn’t even take into account feedback damage— the big hits on Ghost Eater, Lupi, Dredge Bombers, etc. with reflection is where you really get the big damage as a mesmer. The 10 in domination contributes 0 towards feedback damage, while the 30 in duelling gives you 100 precision, 10% crit damage, and 8-12% damage from empowering mantras. We’re talking about a little bit less than 20% increase in feedback damage— that is tremendous.

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

This is very possible, and it’ll be exciting to try it out and see if it’s better!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

This is very possible, and it’ll be exciting to try it out and see if it’s better!

According to the news:

The new meta becomes:
HAHAHA WHO NEEDS A META!! I’LL SWITCH ALL DAY LONG HUEHUE

Yea – you can now retrait when not in combat … anywhere … for free.

Also: There is no more 0/30/0/20/20, instead it’s 0/6/0/4/4.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”