Looking for info on the 0/20/20/0/30 build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Whirlpool.9410

Whirlpool.9410

Hi there!

I am looking for a good example of this particular build, alongside any information that could be gleaned about how it plays in PVE/Dungeons and the best way to utilize it. What sort of gear goes best with it? What sigils on what weapons? Etc, etc.

I am curious.

Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Seven-Mirror-WvW-Mesmer-01-07-13-update

Grimms.9016 has videos and info on his armor and sigils right here in this forum using that setup. Check it out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The 0/20/20/0/30 build can also be a condition build.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: vindictum.5784

vindictum.5784

I use 0/20/20/0/30 as a condition build. It’s pretty good at what it does!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

So, how do I kill a mesmer using this build as a guardian? Or should I give up and join the “mesmer/confusion is OP nerf now!” bandwagon?

in Mesmer

Whirlpool.9410

What sort of Guardian are you, specwise? Generally, specs like this are weaker against Condition Damage builds, so I’d wager a burny build is your best bet. Otherwise, depeneding on spec, it might turn into one of those duels-that-lasts-forever. xD

in Mesmer

Whirlpool.9410

And thanks for all the answers, folks! That link was really helpful too. Definitely going to try some of the things suggested.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

As a bunker guardian make sure you have your power cleanse/condition removals ready… Finding the actual mesmer is relatively easy as well because they don’t have the predictable movement of clones and so on.. Also if they have sigils/signets/nutrition or badges on their name it only shows on the mesmer and not the clones… They can be tough to fight but I have lost to bunker guardians… You guys just so many boons lol.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moxic.5892

Moxic.5892

I love this build, and have had great success with it, but with my particular traits, you have to be especially careful on timing shatters since you want as much uptime as possible with clones.

I call it The Moxic Avenger! http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mVmc0z0Mz9qGG0xMamackq8kir707kiH707khf7khM7kGJ70V

It seems to work very well in most PvE, and usually 1v1/2/3 PvP, although thieves are still tricky if I don’t have a Moa transform ready (usually running Timewarp). Took out the statue of Dwayna solo using only the staff with this build, and not even a full bloodlust stack, though it took forever (not as long as killing sparks for a lodestone drop though
http://imgur.com/a/eZybQ#0

in Mesmer

Whirlpool.9410

Definitely. It really depends on the guardian type. There have been fights versus Guardians where I’ve just had to give up on them since the fight had literally lasted eight minutes. XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

I was using an alt healing shout with pure of voice, which I probably should have switched to meditations since I was solo. Since the real killer of the mesmer build is the confusion, should I have avoided auto attacking altogether and instead used heavy hitting attacks?

in Mesmer

Whirlpool.9410

You have the right idea. Confusion limits you, but it has a fairly short duration. You just need to watch your condition removal, keep the number of stacks on you limited, and control your own actions carefully.

in Mesmer

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

I plan on testing out a 10/20/10/0/30 build tonight, just to see how much the additional 100 toughness matters. I’m not sold on membrane being a game-changer and I change weapons frequently enough that I’m not sure if the 20% CD reduction on the staff is a must-have either. It may be, and probably is, but I’ve never really tried to run without it.

Anyone else try that out already, though?

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I plan on testing out a 10/20/10/0/30 build tonight, just to see how much the additional 100 toughness matters. I’m not sold on membrane being a game-changer and I change weapons frequently enough that I’m not sure if the 20% CD reduction on the staff is a must-have either. It may be, and probably is, but I’ve never really tried to run without it.

Anyone else try that out already, though?

I have, on occasion. Not too shabby, tbh. There’s also 0/20/10/10/30. In either case, Deceptive Evasion (or Decoy/Mirror Images) will help out with clone-gen. Phase Retreat’s pretty fast, in general. You could just save PR as an emergency evade move, then.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior