Looking for this Mesmer Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

Hi folks. I’m looking for this particular Mesmer build/gear set up which was used against me in WvW earlier.

Some of the key things I noticed were:
- Staff and (possibly) Sword/Focus
- A LOT of Illusions
- Decoy seemed to have a really low CD. Same with Phase Retreat.
- He seemed to heal for a lot as well (though i don’t know what the source is).
- Deceptive Evasion
- Also seemed to have a very high amount of Endurance

Although I know it would be very hard to state exactly what his build or gear was. I was just wondering what it more or less was. Perhaps there are others who use a very similar build that can enlighten me. Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

What sort of damage did he deal? Conditions or physical. Did he shatter regularly?
Did he let his phantasms deal the damage? Details please <3

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-WvWvW-Pve-Shatter-Cat-Updated-28-7

sound like a common shatter cat

change portal with mirror images

in Mesmer

spalt.6938

He definitely did not shatter his illusions. The only time I ever took a huge hit was when he popped Chaos Storm over where we were fighting (possibly Phantasm crits?). I do not have the logs anymore unfortunately. He stayed mostly in staff though. I am not sure though if his damage was mostly from conditions or physical (I would assume conditions).

Also, he seemed to be turning invisible a lot. I assumed it was due to Decoy but thinking about it now, he should not have been able to stealth that often.

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

He definitely did not shatter his illusions. The only time I ever took a huge hit was when he popped Chaos Storm over where we were fighting (possibly Phantasm crits?). I do not have the logs anymore unfortunately. He stayed mostly in staff though. I am not sure though if his damage was mostly from conditions or physical (I would assume conditions).

Also, he seemed to be turning invisible a lot. I assumed it was due to Decoy but thinking about it now, he should not have been able to stealth that often.

then a crit condotoon mesmer with prismic understanding.

that mesmer might have decoy mass invisibility and veil.

are you sure that mesmer has a focus???? cuz it seem counter initive that he has a power weapon for a condition build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

PU sounds reasonable, tho torch would be the offhand of choice here. With a condition build sword would be useless, scepter does an amazing job there.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

- Staff and (possibly) Sword/Focus
- A LOT of Illusions
- Decoy seemed to have a really low CD. Same with Phase Retreat.
- He seemed to heal for a lot as well (though i don’t know what the source is).
- Deceptive Evasion
- Also seemed to have a very high amount of Endurance

That “possibly” is a bit weird. A lot of illusions can just mean he runs DE, as you pointed out, and critical infusion (explains endurance part).
The heal part is without doubts ether feast with 3 illusions up, plus regeneration if he uses PU. And if he uses PU he probably has a traited staff (but i would not invest 25 in illusion for IC->decoy).
This is a stupid question but im wondering if your opponent was running torch, it could explain what you wrote about decoy and that “possibly”.

I also prefer scepter but many people use sword with condition builds, mostly because of clones and on death traits, boon strip and blurred frenzy. Its more about utility/defensive tools.
Focus is not the best choice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

then a crit condotoon mesmer with prismic understanding.

that mesmer might have decoy mass invisibility and veil.

are you sure that mesmer has a focus???? cuz it seem counter initive that he has a power weapon for a condition build

Not really, the focus can be use to apply massive boons on self and allies and massive conditions on enemies..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Im wondering if that guy was solo roaming.
If so, pistol and torch are way better. If not, focus has its space.
Theres also another option that is he used focus for swiftness and you started to attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Focus is very easy to characterize. Did you ever get pulled around, and did he ever produce a large, stationary, whirling phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Sounds like the kind of style I play, I believe the kind of build your looking for is 20/20/30 using sceptre/torch and staff.

Check out osicats “find the cat” non shatter condition build at the top of the Mesmer section.

in Mesmer

spalt.6938

I’m sure he had a focus and sword at one point. He did use Temporal Curtain’s pull followed by a Blurred Frenzy immediately after. However, we fought each other at least three different times (where I was solo defending a camp in our BL) so it IS possible he switched his secondary weapons (to torch) to combat me specifically in between our fights.

Yes, he was solo roaming (except for a few times he had a thief with him to try to take the camp I was defending).

I’ll take a look at that build you mentioned Colly. It’s possible that it’s that. I must admit, I’ve never used a torch before (except to level the skill) so I’ll look more into it. I just know it felt like he kept pumping out so many illusions that it was annoying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It sounds like he was running a condition bunker build based around Prismatic Understanding and Restorative Mantras. i use a build like this sometimes in PvP to troll control points or roamers in WvW

Rabid gear and chaos armours lets you tank while doing solid condition damage – then when you need a top up, you pop an invisibility and cycle through your mantras while cloaked so they don’t get interuppted (Yielding ~11k heals, 6k immediatly, 5k when you need it on a 10 second cooldown), then when you it ends PU has stacked up a decent amount of regen/protection/aegis so you get additional defence for a short period after.

Really hard build to take down and will slowly wear away at you (But not a fast killer and easily escaped)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)