Looking to get into Mesmers! (PvE)

in Mesmer

Posted by: danc.2476

danc.2476

Getting a bit bored of playing my revenant or thief and decided to give Mesmer a go again since last I played him after release. Just looking for any tips or suggestions before getting into it. Also wondering if anybody could direct me to any build guides for Mesmer while levelling up and Chrono for fractals!

Thanks in advance

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Here’s a PvE guide to Mesmer by dulfy, and here’s the metabattle build for chronos in fractals. It should give you a nice heads up.

Just a word of caution though, Revenants and Thieves deal a lot of damage. You won’t find that on Mesmer. Mesmers provide a lot of dps through buffs (Alacrity and Quickness), but the actual damage you deal yourself will be a lot less than what you’re used to.

Also, since Mesmers are very trait reliant, levelling up might prove to be a pain. If you’re able to stick with it, though, you might end up loving it like the rest of us.

Kiss the chaos.

(edited by DeathReign.7821)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Greetings

I do not recommend to follow the metabattle guilde. The informations are part true but some parts are plain wrong and misguiding. The Dulfy guide on the other hand is much better.

Enjoy those sites with care and a sharp mind!

@DearhReign:
Thieves deal a lot damage, Rev on the other hand – not so much. You will even be able to outdamage them if you purely focus on that (not that I’d recommend that, but – you know for the E-D xD). Rev is currently bugged, many skills do not scale with you weapon damage – it’s like you are using a white weapon.

If you want to we can meet ingame and I can help you out with whatever you need. I’m a very expirienced PvE Mesmer / player in general and I’m always happy to help others out. I’m mentoring countless Mesmers and Engis all the time.

I’m EU tough, if you are NA I can only support you with words! :/

Greez!
- Xyonon

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

@DearhReign:
Thieves deal a lot damage, Rev on the other hand – not so much. You will even be able to outdamage them if you purely focus on that (not that I’d recommend that, but – you know for the E-D xD). Rev is currently bugged, many skills do not scale with you weapon damage – it’s like you are using a white weapon.

Cool, didn’t know about that! I’ve just based all this off of what I’ve experienced on my characters. Revenants (I felt) cleared trash mobs faster, and had higher damage overall in dungeons. Of course, my mesmer isn’t specced specifically for damage (more for alacrity/quickness) so there’s that.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Yea it’s a real pain … they shoul’ve hotfixed it righ away. Currently some evil tongues say that rev has a rather low DpS of 12-16k. That’s just … well … ya know ^^’’

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

As the author of the dulfy mesmer guide I can assure you that it is constantly being updated despite the URL. The guide is being maintained by myself and is up to date to current events, as well as open to suggestions.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kiirastuli.6037

Kiirastuli.6037

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

As the author of the dulfy mesmer guide I can assure you that it is constantly being updated despite the URL. The guide is being maintained by myself and is up to date to current events, as well as open to suggestions.

I’m sorry – I was too harsh on my judgement. Immediately changed my post, I looked at the Dulfy guide and I have to say it’s quite good. I do not completly agree with everything, but that’s a different story. It’s overall a good guide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Just a note on rev damage. While mesmer sustained damage if running a pure dps condie build will be potentially higher than a rev, for all normal intents and purposes rev damage blows mesmer out of the water. The cleave, the instant single target with sword 2, mesmer has nothing that compares.

Anyway, the metabattle build is generally correct…but missing several things. Sandy’s guide is good except for the incorrect assertion that F5 will get you back alive from downed state. That’s more a PvP consideration though; just don’t try to tank VG circles with it or something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Sandy’s guide is good except for the incorrect assertion that F5 will get you back alive from downed state. That’s more a PvP consideration though; just don’t try to tank VG circles with it or something.

I like that you have read it in enough detail to have noticed that. Is it confirmed to be that way though? Ive thought to have had CS simply reset when I was about to go down, but Ive heard different, inconsistent ideas. Ill remove it if its simply wrong in all cases.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Sandy’s guide is good except for the incorrect assertion that F5 will get you back alive from downed state. That’s more a PvP consideration though; just don’t try to tank VG circles with it or something.

I like that you have read it in enough detail to have noticed that. Is it confirmed to be that way though? Ive thought to have had CS simply reset when I was about to go down, but Ive heard different, inconsistent ideas. Ill remove it if its simply wrong in all cases.

Yeah, the CS effect will not save you from downed or death. I honestly don’t know what happens if you get revived before it would naturally trigger though. I’d guess it gets fully canceled when you get downed, but it’s not something I’ve tested.

Edit: One other thing. In your condie Mesmer section you recommend using illusionary counter off cooldown. Unless they totally changed how it works, using that skill will brick a phantasm, so it’s essentially a total nogo for all PvE purposes.

I’d also note that temporal curtain has been changed to pull mobs to the center point of the curtain. Pulling to a wall is no longer necessary for mob grouping.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It disappears when downed.