Loving my new Mesmer

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’m leveling a Mesmer and I’m currently at lvl 21. I use Sword/sword, healing signet, the signet that gives quickness, Mirror Image, and Defender. I usually spam abilities until I get 3 clones then hit shatter, rinse repeat.

I thought Mesmers were supposed to be hard, am I missing something?

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yeah.

Create a warrior.
Equip a Greatsword
Equip a power amulet
Spam abilities until you have three bars of adrenaline; spam your bursts too
rinse repeat

See what you’re missing.

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I don’t think anyone would ever claim that open world core Tyria PvE is “hard”. Mesmers simply clear trash slower than other classes, and thus progress slower than other classes is all. We are one of the few classes that don’t have the +25% movement speed signet so moving around the map is more of a chore as well (though signet of inspiration somewhat makes up for that).

Kiss the chaos.

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t think anyone would ever claim that open world core Tyria PvE is “hard”. Mesmers simply clear trash slower than other classes, and thus progress slower than other classes is all. We are one of the few classes that don’t have the +25% movement speed signet so moving around the map is more of a chore as well (though signet of inspiration somewhat makes up for that).

I think that’s what he was refering to as “The quickness signet” as I can’t think of any other that give quickness without an interrupt on core.

@OP

Many classes clear open world mobs VERY quickly especially while levelling. Your personal damage is about (or was before the 100% damage increase to blurred frenzy) 50% of what other classes do on their autos and other abilities.

I’d argue you’d be better off with a greatsword as a secondary weapon and using mirror blade at close range, mindwrack when the clone is out and bursting down a mob, then switch to sword/sword to finish them off or summon the illusionary berserker to kill it and walk away.

I can run around as a staff ele and kill most things with 3 auto attacks, 1-2 on my lvl 80 full ascended and lava font and meteor shower allows me to kill packs of enemies in a few seconds. A mesmer cannot do these things very well.

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rokkis.8901

Rokkis.8901

Try PvP. Reroll to ~anything else when you get bored losing in solo que.

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Try WvW, try PvP,…

Loving my new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Are you taking the trait in dueling for clone on dodge? extra clones! Fantastic!

Though leveling a mesmer is ANNOYING as once something dies, poof goes clones/phantasms. Mesmers get better once you enter end game. Where a mesmer gets “hard” is raid/fractal. As a job of a mesmer is to give quickness nonstop.