MMr and soloq versus group

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Q:

i manage to get win strike amber soloq
than party up with 5 and 4 in emerald and lost 4 times in a row
so i soloq again and got win strike to sapphire
than few win strike and when i team up with 3 again 1 win 4 losses (one member was ruby already so we faced full rby team i guess). so i dua and got 5 win 3 losses so again solo que and win strike to ruby

Q: do i have such a low mmr than i win in soloq or i rush the divisions fast to get appropriate mmr enemies? or just luck or OP build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

A:

I’m saying your team queue team was bad. The system matches you with random opponents. On average, you’ll fight the same level of skill regardless of if you’re solo queuing or team queuing. Since you lost with team and won with solo, clearly your team was substantially worse than the average team you got as a solo player.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Well, I’ll use my knowledge of the matchmaking system to try and match a fit to your experiences.

1. Solo queuing produced win streaks → your solo queue teams were better than the teams you faced
  2. Team queuing produced losses —> your team was worse than the teams you faced
  3. Matchmaking does not take your mmr into account when finding opponents —> your opponents in both cases were of average quality

The conclusion you can draw here is that your team queue team was substantially lower skilled than the semi-random teams assigned to you by the matchmaking algorithm. That situation would fit your observed results.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

so you basically saying its luck
cause when i soloq i get better allies which where better then the enemy we faced
when i teamq i had bad luck cause we match versus better enemies
or the system gives you better chance when you playing alone versus in a team

so it has nothing to my own mmr or experience and i cant assume i was being carried or carry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

cause when i soloq i get better allies which where better then the enemy we faced

so it has nothing to my own mmr or experience and i cant assume i was being carried or carry

The system uses your mmr to make your team. If you have a high MMR, when soloq you’ll be paired with people that also has high MMR. This allows you to ramp up easily, as most of the times you’ll play against teams with average-low MMR.

When you team up with 4-5 people, this rule stop working. Now you have more chances the team you’re facing also has high MMR (you’re not longer in the high MMR club), making those face rolling matches you had when you were soloqing a mirage. Or probably, those people you team up with were simply bad players.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

The system uses your mmr to make your team. If you have a high MMR, when soloq you’ll be paired with people that also has high MMR. This allows you to ramp up easily, as most of the times you’ll play against teams with average-low MMR.

When you team up with 4-5 people, this rule stop working. Now you have more chances the team you’re facing also has high MMR (you’re not longer in the high MMR club), making those face rolling matches you had when you were soloqing a mirage. Or probably, those people you team up with were simply bad players.

this seems more right as when i soloq my the enemy score is 100 in average and rare cases above 300
in team the score more like we get 450-490 and we loss
but my team got higher rank than me so when i was emerald they were sapphir.. so rank is not a factor?