MOA Morph is broken in pvp. Please fix.

in Mesmer

Posted by: soysauce.1246

soysauce.1246

This skill is so OP I don’t even know where to begin. How can you give a skill that disable someone completely for 10 long seconds in a game where everything is so fast pace. It doesn’t make any sense. Any moron can use this “i win button” skill and that’s pretty much decide the outcome of the fight. Arenanet, please fix this asap as it clearly not working as intended. Make it so as soon as you take damage, the morph breaks or something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

Don’t fight a mesmer 1 on 1?

in Mesmer

Posted by: McNuggetBandit.8376

McNuggetBandit.8376

For starters it can be dodged and interupted. A mesmer has to stand still to cast it for a long period of time. Also if you get moaed RUN ive used it so many times and seen people try and keep going its asking to die. It may be strong if your stupid when it hits you but you just need to learn to counter it just like every other classes strong skills (guardians heals and thiefs stealth for example)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

2 Second cast.
180 Second Cooldown.
Only shares particles with Mass Invisibility, so if you see a Mesmer casting it, just dodge right before it finishes and now it’s on a CD for the rest of the match.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurrata.6427

kurrata.6427

yes moa is quite strong.
And yes fighting as bird is stupid just go behind a wall and wait out your 10 seconds
But the sad thing is you can only use it once in every 3/4 fights.
i would prefer if the duration and cooldown was half time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

Dear OP.

2 Second cast.
180 Second Cooldown.
Only shares particles with Mass Invisibility, so if you see a Mesmer casting it, just dodge right before it finishes and now it’s on a CD for the rest of the match.

Given the fact that the cast roots the Mesmer, and it has an obvious telegraph, it very much becomes a learn-to-play issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osefmarcher.1072

Osefmarcher.1072

Any good mesmer will cast it while stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I really don’t see the problem here:

• Easy to interrupt.
  • Easy to dodge.
  • Can run away while in Moa.
  • Only 1 target every 180 seconds → nearly always strategically useless.

I would argue it’s much too weak. Sure I can kill a single target with it if I get the jump on them (if they see me there’s no way they’ll let me use it…), but then what? I could have supported a major push with this on the same CD (Time Warp) or caused a stand-off to swing my way (Mass Invis in the middle to break target lock) on a much smaller CD.

It’s not really such a great ability. Plus it’s so easy to counteract since I am rooted + have to cast it + it can be dodged.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: McNuggetBandit.8376

McNuggetBandit.8376

Way i see it Moa is a noob stomper but anyone who knows what they are doing won’t let you cast it, in that area TIME WARP FTW (cant beat double DPS for 10 seconds practically especially on blurred frenzy)

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Time Warps strength isn’t even that, it’s that it is AE + a combo field. So not only does your entire team act twice as fast (which rocks even more with interrupting abilities since now you’re so much faster than the person you’re interrupting), they also constantly cause Confusion or Chaos Armour.

Time Warp is just… so amazing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shoryuken.9435

Shoryuken.9435

Alot of Elite skills are strong, that’s why they are called Elite skills and have a long cooldown. It can be interrupted, dodged and as a moa you can still move and dodge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Moa sucks unless you’re holding a point in tpvp. Time Warp is almost a guaranteed engagement winner. Very important for the first encounter in tpvp where you got 4v4 going at it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Piola.3782

Piola.3782

Mate, learn the Animations of the other classes, or atleast the “OP” skills….

[OSC] Nefed SFR Thief
[OSC] Roipnol SFR Mezmer
MesmerVideos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Piolair

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

It’s stupid and I’ll never use it. Above that Time Warp is ten times more powerfull and useful than that stupid Moa stuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Any good mesmer will cast it while stealth.

Prostyle here.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Moa sucks for wvw, wouldnt give it the time of day, the other elites affect entire areas and are surefire. Even in spvp is misses if they have half a brain and dodge or interrupt. Dont really care what they do with this skill, its mostly for trolling noobs anyway LOL.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I haven’t picked up Moa (don’t care much for it and I mainly WvWvW) but does condition removal skills take an ally out of Moa form?

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I gotta hand it to most people here. It is easy to dodge and even if you do get hit, just run away until it wears off.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Moa is an effect, so condition removal does nothing.

In a 1v1, Moa is /shrug. If you have a good chasedown game it can auto-win any 1v1 (since the opponent will be running and dodging until it expires). If you don’t, it’s meh.

Against Necro/Guardians it can break them (it rails transform abilities). Against Thieves it can shut down their escape (ability-based escape chains).

So it’s still pretty good 1v1 even though it’s overrated by players who don’t know how to manage their endurance or use line of sight.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

Moa is an effect, so condition removal does nothing.

In a 1v1, Moa is /shrug. If you have a good chasedown game it can auto-win any 1v1 (since the opponent will be running and dodging until it expires). If you don’t, it’s meh.

Against Necro/Guardians it can break them (it rails transform abilities). Against Thieves it can shut down their escape (ability-based escape chains).

So it’s still pretty good 1v1 even though it’s overrated by players who don’t know how to manage their endurance or use line of sight.

It’s not a terribly overpowered skill though. It can be tough to dodge if you don’t keep your eyes on the mesmer but if you get hit, you’re sort of screwed since your endurance is probably going to go along with some of your health.

in Mesmer

soysauce.1246

you people make it seem like it’s so easy to dodge and interrupt while everything else is going on the midst of battle. Not to mention the fact that I have to worry about your illusions hitting me for 7k. And 2 sec cast time is not that long wtf how can you even complain. I cast churning earth on my eles all the time and that skill is 5 sec cast time. I know you’re trying to defend your op class from getting nerf but don’t give me the craps about this skill is not powerful and not being used. Every mesmer and their mother uses this skill, it’s a fact.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

It is very powerful, I don’t think anyone here is denying it. If you get moaed while fighting a mesmer 1v1, you’re pretty much screwed. And it can be tough to dodge if you don’t keep your eye on him/her among the 3 clones. This is especially true if you’re in the heat of a large fight with at least 5 people.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Every mesmer and their mother uses this skill, it’s a fact.

In WvW, at least half run Time Warp since it’s way more effective for your team.

Other class elites like Thieves Guild (for 1v1), or Tome of fullhealyourwholegroup (for group fighting) are no less significant.

in Mesmer

soysauce.1246

Every mesmer and their mother uses this skill, it’s a fact.

In WvW, at least half run Time Warp since it’s way more effective for your team.

Other class elites like Thieves Guild (for 1v1), or Tome of fullhealyourwholegroup (for group fighting) are no less significant.

not sure about WvW, i am just talking about spvp.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

That tome of fullhealyourwholegroup is very difficult if not impossible to get off now. So that significant has gone down the drain quite a bit.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Yeah it’s a learning curve just like everything. Learning to counter that isn’t as steep because of its lol cast time.

But now imagine that Guardian having Quickness from Time Warp while using that elite :P. GG!

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

Even with quickness, it’s a 2.5sec cast time. I think you could still get interrupted pretty easily. But it would help!

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

HOW ABOUT VEIL AND TIME WARP.

kittenMIT THE FULL HEAL WILL GO OFF IF WE HAVE TO AEGIS AND GROUP STABILITY THE SUCKER TO BOOT.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

So I have to waste a very long CD(hallowed ground) utility for a “Chance” at getting the full heal off? Real nice man.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Humor is a lost art.

But I think it would work even better if you added an AOE Immobilize and Daze on the enemy team to protect the Guardian on top.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

Humor is a lost art.

But I think it would work even better if you added an AOE Immobilize and Daze on the enemy team to protect the Guardian on top.

Sorry, a little on edge haha. Normally that would be fine but it almost never works that way. I still think the Moa is a decent elite.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

I agree that Moa Morph is very powerful, but I have to say Time Warp is as bit better in WvW and sPvP in certain situations. While Moa Morphing in 1v1 is a bit over the top, you can dodge it and interrupt it. It locks the Mesmer in place while they’re casting it, plus if you dodge it, it will be on CD for the rest of the skirmish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aero.4829

Aero.4829

Moa is not a 1v1 skill… Can it be used 1v1? Yes, by really bad mesmers… If you are in a 1v1 and need to utilize you are just bad. It’s for engaging more than one player at a time and shutting down opponents elite skills.

in Mesmer

soysauce.1246

Moa is not a 1v1 skill… Can it be used 1v1? Yes, by really bad mesmers… If you are in a 1v1 and need to utilize you are just bad. It’s for engaging more than one player at a time and shutting down opponents elite skills.

This is exactly what I meant. If bad player can still kill an average or experienced player with this skill without much effort, it’s indeed way too overpowered and need to be toned asap. Like I said the best way to change it is just make it so the first damage breaks the morph. At least it forces you to put a little more effort into timing your kill than just pressing one button and win.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

A good player ducks behind LOS and uses dodge to wait it out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Yes, these are also abilities that are incredibly powerful in 1v1 (the latter even moreso in group play). Moa should be toned down a little, and there are many ways this can be accomplished without affecting the duration or cooldown. For example, Moa could be changed to a projectile attack that transmogrifies and also gives the target 3 seconds of Swiftness when affected.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

This is exactly what I meant. If bad player can still kill an average or experienced player with this skill without much effort, it’s indeed way too overpowered and need to be toned asap. Like I said the best way to change it is just make it so the first damage breaks the morph. At least it forces you to put a little more effort into timing your kill than just pressing one button and win.

Considering it’s cooldown and the amount of whining thieves/warriors have done against an exactly similar argument I’d say no. Having it break on damage is 1) not concurrent with GW style and 2) would make it worthless, trust me you’d hate it far more if every mesmer were running round with timewarp. I think the big thing it needs is a reduced duration to 5/6 seconds and half the cooldown, thus it is still a big cd but it’s not “I win this fight” level.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

The real problem is that elite skills are so inconsistent. You have some classes (mesmer, thief, guardian) with game-changing elites and then you have some classes (ele) with garbage elites. Moa morph is totally overpowered compared to ele elites but it doesn’t feel too bad compared to time warp or thieves guild or tomeofheal.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I’m sorry, but making it a Polymorph (actually a weaker one, since the enemy controls the movement and it has a CD, Polymorph didn’t have one) would just make it pointless.

Why would I want to stand there so long casting something for a brief moment of the enemy not being able to attack? Further, think outside of the 1v1 sPvP Box for a moment: How would this last longer than 0,01s in the first place? Why would I use such an inferior long-CD interrupt then, I already have plenty interrupts?

Moa is balanced because it’s only strong with few enemies. Since the smallest format is 5v5, where it already loses a lot of comparative power to Time Warp, it’s problematic situation (1v1 / 2v1) is just not something the game supports.
In other words, this is a worry for when 1v1 Arenas are implemented. Right now you’re supposed to fight in a group.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Moa tends to be a “win more” skill. It either seals your fate cause it was well timed or just stalls out. Chances are if you died under moa morph you would have died under any number of things at the time.

One thing I think should be changed is the fact that you can’t jump while a moa, and that sometimes leads to getting stuck on small terrain. Other than that it’s fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GenericName.5046

GenericName.5046

In any team setting any mesmer worth his salt will take Timewarp. Only time i use Moa is to troll some noobs. It is exteremly powerful 1v1, but then again so is a thiefs stealth, a guardians full heal, ect.
You also have to time your moa correctly to secure the kill. I use it when my cd’s are up and they are at half health, to basically stop them from healing.

What it boils down to:
Good players > Bad Players

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pray.9056

Pray.9056

Naturally, you don’t fight the most OP 1v1 class 1v1. They don’t have a chance if you are 2 – 3 people.

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

Funny how there’s still a mention about the Guardian full heal even though it’s impossible to get off now. Love it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lebeau.5421

Lebeau.5421

You can still dodge while in Moa form.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Funny how there’s still a mention about the Guardian full heal even though it’s impossible to get off now. Love it.

Ofc, but Moa can be cast, seeing how difficult it is to interrupt.
Biased, much?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devicus.8326

Devicus.8326

Ofc, but Moa can be cast, seeing how difficult it is to interrupt.
Biased, much?

I gave up on Moa. I found it wouldn’t go off about 2/3 of the time. Most of the time it was just a short cooldown but sometimes it just got wasted. Obviously this was partly my fault but my enemy seemed to have little trouble dodging it. I imagine they weren’t even trying and it just happened though.

Of course that’s my own experience and I’m still pretty lousy at this pvp thing (I’m not finding mesmer pvp to be OP faceroll so by most people’s standards I suck, of course).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loine.9764

Loine.9764

I hate the moa bird, as a condition (confusion) determant mesmer I don’t want to give the opponents option not to use their skills. And besides, time warp is basically a guaranteed win if you fight for an objective. Tbh, I find the 90 sec cd stealth spell more usefull in most matches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I like Nuggetbandits post :

For starters it can be dodged, interrupted, BLOCKED, and obstructed by the tiniest pole possible, and quite possibly stealthed away from.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Guardians have plenty more access to stability. Adapt to the situation, don’t try and continue using it the same way you always have.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Mesmer

Arken.3725

Two abilities, one on an 80 sec cd, the other on a 30. That’s Plenty!!!