MOA Morph is broken in pvp. Please fix.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

Two abilities, one on an 80 sec cd, the other on a 30. That’s Plenty!!!

Yes. It is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telenn.6945

Telenn.6945

Why would anyone take it over timewarp except as a noobcheck?

in Mesmer

Posted by: LanceLet.6428

LanceLet.6428

All I know is i’ve been Moa’d many times and I still am able to run away.. then come back and fight… and win. Also it’s an Elite skill… I feel like the Elite skill is there to give you one hell of an upper hand in a 1v1.. and this effectively does it. I could be wrong with my understanding though

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aero.4829

Aero.4829

I think Moa is fine, I wouldn’t mine them scaling up a few other classes elites but as it is MoA is fine. It’s a very situational elite, and it isn’t even close to being our best…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tarof.4692

Tarof.4692

For starters it can be dodged and interupted. A mesmer has to stand still to cast it for a long period of time. Also if you get moaed RUN

This, if you get that spell on you run and hide. There is no point sticking around for the fight. I try to keep em out of line of sight and it works 80% of the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

When the majority of people stop standing still to die in moa they should look into it. Until then, honestly it’s a l2dodge and los issue a majority of the time.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

Taking mental note Use moa on soysauce whenever I see him to see him peck at my team, die and ragequit.

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Two abilities, one on an 80 sec cd, the other on a 30. That’s Plenty!!!

Yes it is, you have the easiest time gaining boon duration (Virtues line), the shout is instant, it’s a stun break and can be reduced to 24s. You also pack the only two AoE Stabilities in the game. Elementalists only get 2s AND its a grandmaster trait.

No other class has it so yes, Guardians have it plenty. They didn’t remove the AoE daze on the tome either. Seriously, L2P issue as the tome is no longer face roll. Inb4 you rage, I’m playing one in tPvP and they are amongst the top in terms of class balance atm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

I can’t think of a single match where moa turned the battle in our favor. I use this ability when I feel like trolling a 1v1 skirmish, but I consider moa one of the least useful pvp elites.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Pretty much a troll-ability, true.
It’s awesome when you use it on those people in sPvP who clearly focus entirely about their personal-only, “look at me I’m so l33t how I’m pwning these faces off” skills.
Moa them when they use them, wait 5 minutes, check forum for rage-/whine-post. Victory.

Against anyone using team-oriented builds (with sPvP and WvW both being nearly entirely group combat that’s the lion share of people who played 2+ times), it’s very little help.
In the right situation it can block a strategic use of an otherwise key ability, but too many abilities (Time Warp? Supply Drop? Fiery Greatsword even, with the one dropping onto the ground) are inherently resisted to Moa’s disabling nature, and in too many cases where it can disable someone in a good moment, he wasn’t the lynchpin of the fight and you still end up losing.

It’s not a bad ability, but it’s far from the greatness of Time Warp. And even MI often has better tactical (due to it’s rather short CD) applications.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

2 letters for OP… : QQ

Every class has one ability that is hard to handle with,
learn to counter those and be happy in pvp.

Don’t counter and go QQ @ home

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: VenitasTheHeretic.5370

VenitasTheHeretic.5370

Moa is not a 1v1 skill… Can it be used 1v1? Yes, by really bad mesmers… If you are in a 1v1 and need to utilize you are just bad. It’s for engaging more than one player at a time and shutting down opponents elite skills.

This is exactly what I meant. If bad player can still kill an average or experienced player with this skill without much effort, it’s indeed way too overpowered and need to be toned asap.

What if bad player can only kill average player with it?

I haven’t played with or against it myself, but from the commentary it sounds like a skill that only ‘boosts’ a bad player up to average capability. Against anything better than average it won’t do much at all, even if the user himself is ‘better than average’ – it’s more of a wasted slot at that point, as anything else would do more.

So is “too good against average opponents for the skill required, but useless against better regardless of skill applied” something that’s OP… or just awkwardly balanced?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

The bottom line is there is no other ability in the game that shuts down an opponent for a full ten seconds. If the mesmer is worth his CO2 emissions he won’t let you run away.

For the record though, I think most of the elites in this game are out of whack. They are either useless, should be a standard utility skill, or are game breakers.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The bottom line is there is no other ability in the game that shuts down an opponent for a full ten seconds. If the mesmer is worth his CO2 emissions he won’t let you run away.

Sure there isn’t, but compared to the lion share of other elites – even our own – that power is still… unremarkable.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

I’ve started using mass invis instead. Moa is nice but is easily stopped and tbh I don’t really need the “iwin” button. Invis gives me a better aoe escape, a free res or a reasonably easy stomp every 90 secs which when combined with distortion means I can normally get the stomp for free.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bulblax.3809

Bulblax.3809

Why are there so many scrubs?

Suggestions like making it break on damage are absurd. Do you know how much aoe is in this game? Believe it or not, this skill isn’t only used in 1v1 situations. It would totally kill it’s team viability. This is an elite ability, with a long cooldown, that roots you and takes quite awhile to cast. What’s the problem? I’ve frequently had people just strategically dodge/run while morphed, making it almost useless anyway.

Also, why is this even in discussion when Time Warp is probably better in all situations?

EDIT: The ONLY thing I would say is that, yes, 10 seconds is a lot. Lowering it to 7 seconds or so may be appropriate if a nerf is inc anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drakos.3510

Drakos.3510

“Oh my god I’m bad and don’t bring/can’t use interrupts or block mechanics. Please nerf other classes to compensate.”

Here’s my suggestion. Pay attention. And if the Mesmer stealths and you’re afraid of a Moa… pop a defensive ability (Most of them last 2secs, which is conveniently the cast time for Moa Morph). Don’t have one? Whose fault is that? Or stealth yourself, if you can. Or run away.

If the mesmer isn’t invisible and begins to cast Moa… Interrupt it.

Most people complaining about Mesmer don’t play them. We can be killed. It just takes more thought than “murder it to death with skill spam” that most players are accustomed to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I have NEVER seen moa morph used since beta.

It is the most useless skill a mesmer has outside of its spvp uses. Please give us something useful!!!!

Signed, the mesmer

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Mesmer

Posted by: zun.2905

zun.2905

It is obviously working as intended.

I just can’t understand how someone would intend it to work that way.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Please keep crying about Moa OPness.. Nerf it to heck and back, remove it for all I care. I’ll keep using my “subpar” Timewarp and Mass Invis.

But yeah, Moa is so OP, should be entirely focused on because our other elites suck. Also other classes elites suck really bad too like Thief’s guild and the Rangers AOE root etc etc..

Oh, btw… I think Moa is actually the only skill in my list I have not spent the points on yet. :S

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Moa Morph is a bad ability.
It’s crap in pve because any serious threat like a dungeon boss is immune.
It’s crap in wvw because morphing one enemy out of 40 doesn’t do anything.
It’s crap in spvp, because it’s OP and not fun at all. Either it’s dodged and totally wasted or it completely disarms someone for 10 seconds. I don’t use it in pvp because it’s lame.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

I’ve started using mass invis instead. Moa is nice but is easily stopped and tbh I don’t really need the “iwin” button. Invis gives me a better aoe escape, a free res or a reasonably easy stomp every 90 secs which when combined with distortion means I can normally get the stomp for free.

The problem with mass invis is that while it cloaks much larger area than Veil, the Veil:

- is not elite
- can have recharge reduced by a trait (along with several other useful abilities, making it worth it)
- CASTS INSTANTLY
- Stays up 8 seconds so you can cloak yourself twice.

Mass invis has the longest cast of all mesmer abilities except the mantras. That just ruins it in pvp as an escape.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kedrith.6724

Kedrith.6724

Gotta love the logic of some people: MoA sucks coz Time warp is better…
How about use some brain and admit that both are strong, one is better in 1v1 situation the other in teamfights.
To whoever says “it’s easy to dodge l2p” please stop pretending to be kitten, we all know is gonna land sooner or later and once it does you’r pretty much screwed. If there’s something Mesmer is very good at is confounding you with illusions, invisibility and other stuff SO a good mesmer will also know when to use that skill at the right time to avoid being canceled.
I’m not saying is OP (althought it’s certainly close to such definition), but to all these fake kittenes pro… please… shut up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kedrith.6724

Kedrith.6724

- CASTS INSTANTLY
- Stays up 8 seconds so you can cloak yourself twice.

Mass invis has the longest cast of all mesmer abilities except the mantras. That just ruins it in pvp as an escape.

The diminish return wont let you cloak twice with the same veil, also, casting it under your feet wont trigger the effect so you need to cast it abit forward and then walk over it. Same goes for your teammates who wanna get the effect.

Mass Invisibilty gives the effect to everyone under 1200 range (although i beleive there’s a maximum number of people who gets the effect, prolly 9) and can be cast on the move.

Both can be good in specific situation but there’s not a clear winner.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Moa has quite a few downsides… such as, you can still deal damage while in moa form (scales on power AND con damage from what i can tell… kinda hard to test though), you can run away from a moa, you can dodge the skill all together, you can interrupt the skill, etc etc…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna