Main Hand Pistol

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

The Mesmer has many good options for off-hand, but the on hand weapon choices are limited to 1 DPS (Sword) and 1 Condition (Scepter).

I would like to see a new main hand weapon so that Mesmer don’t have to fall back on two handed weapons to round out their weapon choices if they don’t want to.

Main hand Pistol:
1: ((Greatsword 1 in reverse))

• Casting Time: 1.5 second
  • Range: 900
  • Damage if Range is less then 300 (3x): 348
  • Damage if Range is between 300-600 (3x): 300
  • Damage if Range is between 600-900 (3x): 249
  • Damage if Range is greater then 900 (3x): 201 ((With Talent))

2: ((Phase Retreat in reverse))

• Rechange: 12 s
  • Stealth: 1 s
  • Distortion: 1 s
  • Creates clone that dodges away from your current position and then perform Pistol 1 attack.

3: ((Sort of a mash up of Static Shot and Head Shot))

• Recharge: 15 s
  • Damage: 84
  • Daze: 0.25 seconds
  • If target is interrupted: (5x) Torment
  • Number of Bounces: 4

I feel this would fit in with both a condition and dps spec in addition to being a true interrupt spec weapon of choice.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

It won’t be added for a long time, if ever. Though, I would love a mainhand Pistol for mesmer. I don’t entirely agree on the skills you’ve chosen, but I would love one all the same.

Mesmer Sword was great at low levels, the damage was fantastic (and still is), though you could kill most enemies before they got a decent amount of time to attack back. Nowadays I -and I think every other Mesmer- only use Sword for the 3-3-2 combo and then swap again. We don’t last very long in Melee range, having a pistol benefit us the closer we are wouldn’t be a great addition in my opinion. I don’t think it would make sense having a ranged weapon require you to be close to increase it’s effectiveness either.

Your #3 skill would also be extremely overpowered in my opinion. If traited, it could be used every 12 seconds. Not only is 5 torment stacks on a 12 sec CD (Scepter requires it to be triggered) and apply more often than not pretty strong, but Mesmers have the ability to gain some serious advantages from interrupting enemies if traited properly.

I think I’ve went on enough, I would like to see a new ranged weapon though.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Mesmer Sword was great at low levels, the damage was fantastic (and still is), though you could kill most enemies before they got a decent amount of time to attack back. Nowadays I -and I think every other Mesmer- only use Sword for the 3-3-2 combo and then swap again. We don’t last very long in Melee range, having a pistol benefit us the closer we are wouldn’t be a great addition in my opinion. I don’t think it would make sense having a ranged weapon require you to be close to increase it’s effectiveness either.

inb4 dungeon runners start lol’ing

Anyway, would be cool to see a new ranged main hand weapon~ Certainly cool to have it do more damage at melee too. We can hope~

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Your #3 skill would also be extremely overpowered in my opinion. If traited, it could be used every 12 seconds. Not only is 5 torment stacks on a 12 sec CD (Scepter requires it to be triggered) and apply more often than not pretty strong, but Mesmers have the ability to gain some serious advantages from interrupting enemies if traited properly.

I think I’ve went on enough, I would like to see a new ranged weapon though.

They would have to be performing an action that could be interrupted. The chances of that means that once per shot maybe one person would get the torment. I have played the interrupt build and it is not easy … even with instant interrupts and especially in our laggy server infrastructure.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

we should report this as a bug, like…

“I’m unable to equip my MH Pistol as it should, please fix this”

maybe some distracted dev buys it and fixes the “bug”

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

we should report this as a bug, like…

“I’m unable to equip my MH Pistol as it should, please fix this”

maybe some distracted dev buys it and fixes the “bug”

I like this idea! When should we start sending tickets for our ‘bug’?

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

As I would very much like to see Mesmers being able to wield a Pistol as a Mainhand option I wanted to post an different set of abilities; based on a suggestion by Crion.8465.

—-

1. Double Shot: Fires two quick shots at the target.
    followed by
    Aimed Shot: Fire a powerful aimed shot at the target.
  2. Illusive Separation: Roll to the left or right and summons a clone that rolls in the opposite direction (Evade 1s). Clone then uses ‘Double Shot’.
  3. Chaos Barrage: Fire several shots with your pistol. Uses both pistols if one is equipped in the offhand (like the iDuelist animation, but damage remains the same).

I’ve been playing a Mesmer for quite some time now (and still love it, despite certain changes in the past), but it still feels as if the Mesmer is severely lacking in the choice for mainhand department, as if it simply wasn’t a fully finished class at launch in terms of weapon choices.

Only a Sword or Scepter remain as options for mainhand, which feels rather minimal; especially considering all the other classes. Only the Engineer seems to have even less choices, but can make up for it with all their kits.

Also, there are 2 illusionary pistols in the game; Lyss and Ilya. To this day this still leads me to believe that it may have been the original intention to include a pistol as an option for a mainhand as we already have it as an offhand option and a Master trait (Duelist’s Discipline) that affects pistols (plural).

Lastly, there is the pretty odd positioning of the Offhand Pistol skills when viewed from the weapon selection screen in our Hero panel and it all feels like theres a piece missing in our puzzle; as if it was originally intended for Mesmers to have pistol as a Mainhand option but not implemented at launch.

As such, I sincerely hope that ArenaNet would want to consider adding the pistol as a mainhand weapon for the Mesmer. Personally I would love to have more options available to me as the current choices simply do not seem to mesh well with one another.

(And the concept of finally being able to wield both Lyss and Ilya on my Mesmer is very appealing to me.)

So I would really love the choice of one more mainhand weapon that focuses on being a true Power based weapon. And to me the pistol could be that choice as a 900 range (1200 when traited with Duelist’s Discipline) weapon. This would allow ArenaNet to modify our scepter to take up to its own true calling; an actual condition based weapon.

Currently Jon and the rest of the balance team are trying to figure out what to do with the Scepter’s identity crisis and its very awkward auto-chain. Having a Mainhand Pistol would allow them to turn the Scepter into a true condition weapon while allowing the Pistol to become a viable choice for power based attacks.

For me having the mainhand choices of Sword, Scepter and Pistol would complete our puzzle and give us a full set of weapons where each has its own identity and function.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: midnight tea.3681

midnight tea.3681

Been making threads on this topic since beta. It’s always, always been a near unanimously agreed idea that mesmers should have mainhand pistols even on forums typically defined by contrarian posters.

So here’s hoping we do eventually see this happen.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

I would love to see MH pistol as long as the damage is just as good as sword for dungeons. Also we need more pistol skins.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I too would like to see main hand pistol but a part of me wants another skill set for sword.

I was thinking sword would have a different auto attack and new skills.

(like throwing illusionary swords)

But pistol is good too

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Bump for the new year! Best wishes to everyone and here’s hoping 2014 will give us a Mainhand Pistol for Mesmer!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: emilejuggernaut.1864

emilejuggernaut.1864

I’d like to see Longbow how many classes can use it 2 illusionary arrows would be nice and a long bowman it would be a nice compliment for GS i think personally.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Its about time for one of these to come back round. Its not a huge leap to consider MH pistol, but considering thieves and engies have dual pistols, I don’t feel we absolutely NEED a MH pistol. A whip or deck of cards or dagger (throwing knives) that fits a direct damage build would be just as nice to me.

Sword works fine for 90% of the time. I didn’t originally think it, but forcing myself to use it, I got much better and started liking it. Still want a MH power build ranged option.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Makato.3517

Makato.3517

As I would very much like to see Mesmers being able to wield a Pistol as a Mainhand option I wanted to post an different set of abilities; based on a suggestion by Crion.8465.

—-

followed by
  2. Illusive Separation: Roll to the left or right and summons a clone that rolls in the opposite direction (Evade 1s). Clone then uses ‘Double Shot’.
  3. Chaos Barrage: Fire several shots with your pistol. Uses both pistols if one is equipped in the offhand (like the iDuelist animation, but damage remains the same).

I’ve been playing a Mesmer for quite some time now (and still love it, despite certain changes in the past), but it still feels as if the Mesmer is severely lacking in the choice for mainhand department, as if it simply wasn’t a fully finished class at launch in terms of weapon choices.

Only a Sword or Scepter remain as options for mainhand, which feels rather minimal; especially considering all the other classes. Only the Engineer seems to have even less choices, but can make up for it with all their kits.

Also, there are 2 illusionary pistols in the game; Lyss and Ilya. To this day this still leads me to believe that it may have been the original intention to include a pistol as an option for a mainhand as we already have it as an offhand option and a Master trait (Duelist’s Discipline) that affects pistols (plural).

Lastly, there is the pretty odd positioning of the Offhand Pistol skills when viewed from the weapon selection screen in our Hero panel and it all feels like theres a piece missing in our puzzle; as if it was originally intended for Mesmers to have pistol as a Mainhand option but not implemented at launch.

As such, I sincerely hope that ArenaNet would want to consider adding the pistol as a mainhand weapon for the Mesmer. Personally I would love to have more options available to me as the current choices simply do not seem to mesh well with one another.

(And the concept of finally being able to wield both Lyss and Ilya on my Mesmer is very appealing to me.)

So I would really love the choice of one more mainhand weapon that focuses on being a true Power based weapon. And to me the pistol could be that choice as a 900 range (1200 when traited with Duelist’s Discipline) weapon. This would allow ArenaNet to modify our scepter to take up to its own true calling; an actual condition based weapon.

Currently Jon and the rest of the balance team are trying to figure out what to do with the Scepter’s identity crisis and its very awkward auto-chain. Having a Mainhand Pistol would allow them to turn the Scepter into a true condition weapon while allowing the Pistol to become a viable choice for power based attacks.

For me having the mainhand choices of Sword, Scepter and Pistol would complete our puzzle and give us a full set of weapons where each has its own identity and function.

I like your ideas… to me this reminds me of the gw1 mes a little. I would just add maybe a chill condition … this would really put the lock down / manipulation back in to the mesmer

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

1. Double Shot
2. Fires multiple shots in a row.
3. A aoe attack that you fire a single bullet and use the mesmer illusion capabilities to turn that one bullet into many hitting enemies in a target area.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: roman.6390

roman.6390

personally I’ve always wanted dual daggers, in the throwing knife gypsy kind of style. I feel like that would fit the mesmer style really well and would open up a lot of mid range options. Would be nice if it embraced the more rogue/sleight of hand/magician side of the mesmer, without blurring the lines into thiefdom

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

i think mainhand pistol should apply daze somehow.. because of offhand pistol applies stun this could be the interupt weapon combo people have wanted.. daze on mainhand stun on offhand.. would work well with the interrupt traits.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

i think mainhand pistol should apply daze somehow.. because of offhand pistol applies stun this could be the interupt weapon combo people have wanted.. daze on mainhand stun on offhand.. would work well with the interrupt traits.

I agree with you, but this was tested by development and commented on by the developers. The fear as explained and as I understand it is that too much stun/daze renders targets sitting ducks for long periods of time, forcing players to overspeck into stun breakers(weakening their offensive builds) and those not prepared this way getting stunned into oblivion consistently. I agree mesmer should be the stun master, not warrior as is the current meta; however, I also believe that to achieve this, a fine line must be walked to ensure abuse doesn’t enter into the system either.

Also more pressing for mesmer right now are bug fixes for our phantasms like iWarden. Although I am internally screaming inside for ANY new main-hand weapon for Mesmer, anything at all including pistol. I don’t like choosing between melee(sword) or clone factory(scepter) neither of which is easy to deal with compared to our two-handed options.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silent.4378

Silent.4378

Main Hand pistol is definitely something id like to see come to the Mesmer in the future, even though mesmer has quite a few range options.

(edited by Silent.4378)

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

A long time ago I played a game wich had very unique weapon skills, especially on the pistols. The gameplay was extremly fun too, but lets just take some ideas because i think it fits very well to the mesmer:

Pistol 1:
Rotation 1/2 sec: Shoots a bullet that deals damage.
Rotation 1/2 sec: Shoots a bullet that deals damage.
Rotation 1 sec: Shoots a bullet that deals damage and puts a “butterfly mark” on the enemy.

Pistol 2:
Instant 1/4 sec: Shoots a fast bullet that triggers the butterfly marks and causes additional splash damage and creates boons on nearby allies. (nearby on you or explosion?)
1 Butterfly: low damage, grants 2sec vigor
2 Butterflies: medium damage, grants 1 sec aegis
3 Butterflies: high damage, grants 6 sec 3 stacks might

at 0:28 you can see the charged attack wich represents skill 1 and how it should stick to the enemy and then how it blows up.

Pistol 3:
Something like the charge of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmffUCZhtc

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Sounds interesting. Rift knows a mechanism like that with charges attached to the enemy. Another way to reward situation awareness, since it ravages those who ignore them while any1 moving out of trigger range or breaks LoS gets off lightly.
Oh, and also: shameless bump for Main Hand Pistol. Let’s charmingly nag ANet until we get an answer. ^.^

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

—-

followed by

This please.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Main Hand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Really sounds nice. However the dodge thing should be a buff wich triggers on next dodge so it’s not allways clear wich one the mesmer is.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”