Main hand Pistol!

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

So this upcoming feature pack openly states they are taking scepter further into condition territory. This leaves zero ranged main hand power weapons, not the the scepter was really a power weapon to begin with. This leaves one logical decision for a ranged 1h weapon for power builds…main hand pistol! Please implement!

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

The day this happens is the day I spend $200 on gems in appreciation. The concept of a p/p mesmer excites me to no end.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I would absolutely LOVE MH Pistol! However, I’ve been trying to think of what skills MH Pistols would make the weapon viable. I would love to see a skill akin to iDuelist’s unload which will give us pretty decent DPS.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Hammer plz.
Let me smash faces and disappear in a cloud of pink butterflies…

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

I would absolutely LOVE MH Pistol! However, I’ve been trying to think of what skills MH Pistols would make the weapon viable. I would love to see a skill akin to iDuelist’s unload which will give us pretty decent DPS.

Well first skill would be an AA ranged attack. That in itself would be worth the price of admission considering the poor Scepter AA.

Second skill would need to be some sort of clone generating ability.

Third skill, it would be nice to have some sort of utility with a blast finisher. God knows we lack blast finishers.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

I would love a MH pistol

One possibility could be a ride the bullet skill. To teleport you closer to an enemy and leaving a clone behind would free up a slot in the utility bar as you would not need blink so much plus it would speed us up in WVW

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

Well first skill would be an AA ranged attack. That in itself would be worth the price of admission considering the poor Scepter AA.

Second skill would need to be some sort of clone generating ability.

Third skill, it would be nice to have some sort of utility with a blast finisher. God knows we lack blast finishers.

You know, for the longest time the community has been trying to come up with ways that a blast finisher would realistically work into the Mesmer’s skills and the best we’ve been able to come up with is GS#3. I think MH pistol would be the perfect way to add a blast finisher!

My biggest question now would be how the AA skill would work with the MH pistol. For some reason, I can only picture pistols being fast enough—realistically—if you’re dualwielding p/p.

90% of the pistols in the game are old-time gunpowder with really slow turnovers (at least in the real world). Good thing we have our Mesmer magic to say ‘screw you’ to physics :P

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

I would love a MH pistol

One possibility could be a ride the bullet skill. To teleport you closer to an enemy and leaving a clone behind would free up a slot in the utility bar as you would not need blink so much plus it would speed us up in WVW

that sounds too close to sword imo. People want a ranged set, not a gap closer.

some ideas:

Auto: fire a butterfly purpley bullet. I say let’s add some mesmer-type fun to it. Mesmers lack swiftness, right? make it such that when fired, they gain a bit of swiftness, and when it connects, it does a short cripple. damage can be a bit lower to compensate.

#2: Mirage Shot. Fire a purple’y bullet. The animation could be something cool like having the mesmer shoot from behind their back (we could even call this skill Backfire, ho ho ho). If it hits, you stealth for 2 sec and a clone appears 400meters from your target, on the opposite side. So essentially your target would be in between you and your clone. I think that would be fun and confusing

#3: Blast finisher? How about the mesmer spins their gun and fires upward. Right after, a purple, ethereal effect lands on the target for large AoE damage. I’m thinking the blast could look like that particle stomp in pvp, but more smoothed out, and pinkish-purple of course.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I would love a MH pistol

that sounds too close to sword imo. People want a ranged set, not a gap closer.

some ideas:

Auto: fire a butterfly purpley bullet. I say let’s add some mesmer-type fun to it. Mesmers lack swiftness, right? make it such that when fired, they gain a bit of swiftness, and when it connects, it does a short cripple. damage can be a bit lower to compensate.

#2: Mirage Shot. Fire a purple’y bullet. The animation could be something cool like having the mesmer shoot from behind their back (we could even call this skill Backfire, ho ho ho). If it hits, you stealth for 2 sec and a clone appears 400meters from your target, on the opposite side. So essentially your target would be in between you and your clone. I think that would be fun and confusing

#3: Blast finisher? How about the mesmer spins their gun and fires upward. Right after, a purple, ethereal effect lands on the target for large AoE damage. I’m thinking the blast could look like that particle stomp in pvp, but more smoothed out, and pinkish-purple of course.

You need to add an defense skill.

All mesmer main hand weapons have these elements

A defense skill, clone generation, special utility and attack.

Main hand sword
special utility is boon removal
defensive and attack skill is 2
3 is just a mandatory melee gap closure and clone generation

Specter
1-2 chain is attack
1-3 is clone generation
2 defense
Special utility is confusion, I guess.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arbosis.1039

Arbosis.1039

For me it would be not only main hand pistol, but also dagger. Honestly, what kind of mesmer doesn’t have a dagger?!

I’d love to see more weapon options and combinations, and main hand pistol and daggers for mesmers would be a good example on what to add next.

K.
Game Designer, Chile. | http://arbosis.weebly.com/

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

some ideas:

His #2 is already defensive – clone + stealth. Although I have no faith that these ideas will ever be implemented, I think chaosmike’s suggestions are perfect.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

some ideas:

His #2 is already defensive – clone + stealth. Although I have no faith that these ideas will ever be implemented, I think chaosmike’s suggestions are perfect.

i dont consider 2 second stealth a good defense ability.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Make it a giant purple butterfly… PLEASE DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!1111!!11!

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

Main hand sword

Specter
1-2 chain is attack
1-3 is clone generation
2 defense

2 weapons hardly set a rule. And as xev said, stealth is pretty defensive (especially with PU). Stealth is more defensive than confusion is utility anyway :p

yay but yea, it doesn’t seem like they’ll ever add additional weapons…

Make it a giant purple butterfly… PLEASE DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!1111!!11!

WISH GRANTED! (if I were a dev, lolz)

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Much as I’d LOVE a MH Pistol.. I feel a 2H melee weapon could be even more fun. It’s Hammer Time!

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Whip… my mesmer would be complete! Or spear.

But MH pistol is really cool to imagine for an illusion-weaver.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

how about using the thiefs weap skill mechanic for our mainhand pistol?

for example: pistol + torch : fiery shot, burns target etc
pistol + pistol : smth like unload maybe? like pistol phantasm
pistol+sword, smth like block , if it blocks u blink away from enemy and fire a shot from ur pistol wich dmges or does smth special to ur enemy, whatever

focus idk yet

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

how about using the thiefs weap skill mechanic for our mainhand pistol?

for example: pistol + torch : fiery shot, burns target etc
pistol + pistol : smth like unload maybe? like pistol phantasm
pistol+sword, smth like block , if it blocks u blink away from enemy and fire a shot from ur pistol wich dmges or does smth special to ur enemy, whatever

focus idk yet

As much as I would love to have this, I have to be against it because it’s part of what makes thieves unique. I’m all for new weapons though or even proliferation. The game now has a stale taste so it definitely needs something big to feel fresh again.

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

Mesmer P/P oh yeah! I would absolutely love to see this! With some amazing animations and good skills oh yeah We need one hand ranged power weapons!

Main hand Pistol!

in Mesmer

loseridoit.2756

Main hand sword

Specter
1-2 chain is attack
1-3 is clone generation
2 defense

2 weapons hardly set a rule. And as xev said, stealth is pretty defensive (especially with PU). Stealth is more defensive than confusion is utility anyway :p

A few things, you want another weapon to rely on the PU trait to be effective………

If there is two second stealth, the cd might be 12 seconds or more.

mesmer two handers somewhat follow this rule

GS

2 clone generation
no defense ability because the weapon is design to only be used range
two offensive abilities
special ability, uncorrectable auto

staff
2 for defense and clone generation
special ability choas armor access
1 is its damage ability

(edited by loseridoit.2756)