Mainhand Pistol

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Yep, another one. I really don’t think we should let this issue go away, as I believe that mesmer’s really need the mainhand pistol to feel like a complete class. Here is my take on the 3 skills it should contain.

1: Normal spam attack. Should be single target, but have some sort of effect tacked on, not quite sure what.

2: AoE attack: Clusterbullet/halo shot/ring shot. Shoots a bullet at a target. On impact, the bullet releases a ring of 5(more/less) bullets from the initial target that then explode on impact for whatever they hit. Visualize one of those svanir ice towers that send out the ring of exploding ice shards.

3: Clone generator: Reverse. Moves you behind the target at a distance of 900, leaving a clone at your initial condition.

Thoughts/suggetsions?

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: deltanium.7543

deltanium.7543

While I would agree to see pistol as main hand, I feel that pistol should be defined properly prior to integration to fit a certain playstyle.
GS: Essentially a sniper weapon, insisting on long range and direct damage, much like Ranger’s longbow with a decent amount combo finisher.
Staff: Long range condition damage with combo field and support.
Septer: Mid-Long range condition damage damage weapon with emphasis on cloning generation.
Therefore, I would suggest that pistol should be a mid-range weapon(600-900 or long range with the trait) that would deal mainly direct damage with an emphasis on projectile finishers. Maybe something akin to a ranger’s shortbow with a lesser emphasis on mobility(Mesmer’s mobility is good enough without weapon skills).
Suggested skill-set:
1: Ethereal shot: A basic auto-attack with 20% projectile finisher, maybe with a chain leading to a third-shot-effect such as 100% projectile finisher(Making utility combo-field more worthwhile and not being OP silly).
2: Deflected shot: Creates a clone at the targetted area. The clone fires a first empowered shot that has 100% projectile finisher at the targetted ennemy. The clone is stationnary and fires ethereal shot afterward. This could be useful if an object or a field such as smokescreen would otherwise nullify the effect of a shot despite the mesmer being blocked or obstructed.
3: Suppressing fire: Channelled ability that causes weakness and cripple in the targetted area. Furthermore, random projectiles (Projectile finisher 20%) are shot in an arc between the mesmer and the targetted area. This would provide the mesmer profession with a bit of AoE proficiency while not being necessarely a strong one.
Adding a pistol as mainhand would not require any trait alteration or addition and would be a niche appeal for mesmer. Plus, pistol is a rather unused weapon(Thief and engineer being the only one, with mesmer as only offhand use).

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

I support a mainhand pistol idea 100% i kind of want to get the quip but it seems so pointless to have the quip as a offhand weapon

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xocolatl.6890

Xocolatl.6890

It would be cool, but I don’t really know where it would fit just yet.

I would first prefer another melee weapon though..I want to melee on my Mesmer T-T

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

catqeer.1954

We should start a petition for shields, MH pistols, and another viable melee option for mesmers… after all we are the elite the cool the mesmers

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@catqeer: The reason mesmer needs mainhand pistol…and not shields…is because we lack a mid-range power weapon. This needs to be fixed.

@detltanium: Having pistol with an emphasis on projectile finishers is fine, but the basic focus of the pistol needs to be power damage, as opposed to condition damage like the scepter.

I like the autoattack idea, as well as the clone generator. We don’t currently have any ground targeted clone summons, so this could be an interesting mechanic. On the other hand….we don’t currently have any ground targeted clone summons, and I don’t know how difficult it would be from a coding standpoint.

I’m a little iffy on your suppressing fire idea. I feel like mesmer needs at least 1 weapon that is able to do viable aoe damage at range, and while your suppressing fire idea is interesting, it doesn’t seem to provide the aoe capability that really is necessary.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

I think it’s weird that we can have dual swords but not dual pistols. Here’s my idea
Skill 1:Phase shot>Phase lock>Phase burst: First is basic damage, second cripples, third shoots three projectiles in a cone with each one inflicting 1 stack of vulnerability.
Skill 2: Fatiguing facade- Jump behind your target leaving a clone behind that releases 2 pulses, first pulse inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability and second pulse inflicts 6 seconds of weakness. There’s a short delay between pulses
Skill 3: The Gauntlet- Fire a bullet that hits a foe 8 times (slightly weaker, ranged version of blurred frenzy)
The primary focus of this is to get stacks of vulnerability and weakness and then wail on them with your phantasms. I tried giving it a little AoE with a pulsing clone and a conal auto attack while still making it feel like a dueling class

(edited by SuperSpicyCurry.2415)

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I think it’s weird that we can have dual swords but not dual pistols.
Skill 1:Phase shot>Phase lock>Phase burst: First is basic damage, second cripples, third shoots three projectiles with each one inflicting vulnerability.
Skill 2: Fatiguing facade- Jump behind your target leaving a clone behind that releases 2 pulses, first pulse inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability and second pulse inflicts 3 stacks of weakness. There’s a short delay between pulses
Skill 3: The Gauntlet- Fire a bullet that hits a foe 8 times (slightly weaker, ranged version of blurred frenzy)
The primary focus of this is to get stacks of vulnerability and weakness and then wail on them with your phantasms. Skill 2 adds some mobility to the Mesmer.

Weakness stacks duration, not intensity. The only problem with this build is again, it lacks sufficient aoe capacity, and I mainhand pistol is the only place we can now get that capability.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

I edited it. The clone is a pulsing AoE and the autoattack chain ends with a conal AoE. We’re a duelist class so it’s very unlikely that we’ll get an incredibly AoE focused weapon.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Viscerus.8670

Viscerus.8670

I fully agree we need a ranged direct dmg sort of weapon that isn’t so hindered by being close-mid range like the GS and MH pistol is the perfect candidate. Scepter is fine for clone gen, but it just seems so lackluster. Also, why not throw AOE in for some added flavor, maybe even some that isn’t totally reliant on a fragile phantasm.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

catqeer.1954

@catqeer: The reason mesmer needs mainhand pistol…and not shields…is because we lack a mid-range power weapon. This needs to be fixed.

@detltanium: Having pistol with an emphasis on projectile finishers is fine, but the basic focus of the pistol needs to be power damage, as opposed to condition damage like the scepter.

I like the autoattack idea, as well as the clone generator. We don’t currently have any ground targeted clone summons, so this could be an interesting mechanic. On the other hand….we don’t currently have any ground targeted clone summons, and I don’t know how difficult it would be from a coding standpoint.

I’m a little iffy on your suppressing fire idea. I feel like mesmer needs at least 1 weapon that is able to do viable aoe damage at range, and while your suppressing fire idea is interesting, it doesn’t seem to provide the aoe capability that really is necessary.

I wasn’t being very serious about the shield thing… I threw it in there for negotiations something to be removed…. I just want at least one light armor caster to use a shield… hey who knows they could give it to the mesmer and it would be a pure attack shield thing a ma gig…. but i support mh pistol 100%… hey who knows what weapon combos the mesmer will get most of us did not think they would turn the greatsword into a laser cannon still pretty sweet

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

Here’s my take on mh pistol:

1. 3 part autoattack that stacks weakness(questionable)

2. Single target blind with a clone spawned right next to you

3. Targeted AOE “rain of illusionary bullets.” Seriously, we need this. our only aoe like it is chaos storm, and that’s not known for damage. think of the ranger’s rain of arrows, but it stacks confusion, or something instead.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

yes me want. i don’t mind any new weapons i just want something new that doesn’t suck like torch/scepter. rly tired of spamming same skills.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

3. Targeted AOE “rain of illusionary bullets.” Seriously, we need this. our only aoe like it is chaos storm, and that’s not known for damage. think of the ranger’s rain of arrows, but it stacks confusion, or something instead.

For the aoe, take a look at the idea I proposed in the initial post. It seems a little bit more ‘mesmery’ than a simple bullet rain, and doesn’t have a duration, and so doesn’t need someone to stand in it to take full damage. Additionally, I want to stay away from any sort of damaging conditions associated with pistol, because it should be a power based weapon, not a condition damage based weapon, and putting confusion onto the aoe is counterproductive in that regard.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

It’d be overkill. You only want one cus it’s “cool”, but you don’t want to roll a thief.

It won’t make you any better.

Or any happier.

Or any cooler.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I edited it. The clone is a pulsing AoE and the autoattack chain ends with a conal AoE. We’re a duelist class so it’s very unlikely that we’ll get an incredibly AoE focused weapon.

I took another look at your ideas. Your autoattack chain is nice, but has a problem. In the second attack, it has a ranged cripple stacking on an autoattack. No other class in the game is able to permanently stack cripples at range like that. The only cripple stacking currently comes from the third attack of an autoattack chain, either from a thief or a ranger, and I feel that permanent ranged cripples would not be well received. Other than that, your autoattack chain is pretty nice.

I think that deltanium’s cloning attack is a bit more interesting, with regards to combo setup possibilities and whatnot, but as I mentioned before, it may be difficult to code a ground targeted clone ability, and your idea is also quite interesting, essentially my original one but with an added aura from the clone.

I think your third ability just seems a little boring. It could use some spicing up. A ranged blurred frenzy is all well and good, but blurred frenzy sees massive use and utility because it is a 2 second distortion on an 8 second cooldown, and your ability has nothing besides somewhat lackluster ranged damage.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

It’d be overkill. You only want one cus it’s “cool”, but you don’t want to roll a thief.

It won’t make you any better.

Or any happier.

Or any cooler.

You are incorrect. Allow me to paste an analysis that I have made before as to why mainhand pistol is necessary.

If you compare the mesmer weaponset to the other casting class, necromancer, you can clearly see that mesmer is missing a weapon. Ele’s have the capability of doing either condition damage or power damage with any weapon, so they are irrelevant for this discussion.
Necromancers have 3 mainhand weapons: The dagger, for close range damage; The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The axe, for mid-range power damage. These 3 weapons are the basic makeup of the different builds possible with a mainhand weapon.
Now you look at mesmer. The mesmer only has 2 mainhand weapons: The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The sword, for close range damage. As you can see, the mesmer is obviously missing a weapon, and this is where mainhand pistol should be introduced. Why the ArenaNet decided to neglect to include this essential part of our weaponset, I can’t say. I can say, however, that this absolutely needs to be fixed.
Additionally, while the scepter is our mid-range condition damage weapon, it is completely unacceptable in its current form, and needs to be revamped.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

For the aoe, take a look at the idea I proposed in the initial post. It seems a little bit more ‘mesmery’ than a simple bullet rain, and doesn’t have a duration, and so doesn’t need someone to stand in it to take full damage. Additionally, I want to stay away from any sort of damaging conditions associated with pistol, because it should be a power based weapon, not a condition damage based weapon, and putting confusion onto the aoe is counterproductive in that regard.

If it was to be a power set, then definitely drop the confusion, but I’d still like it to be a raining skill. Maybe not a long duration(2-3 seconds), but it’s something we’re missing in our toolkit.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Pew Pew…..
I heard there are Rangers in this game.

Even better is the Engineer….all they have to do is run and shoot, it’s so easy.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

1st skill (3 part chain): 1st a simple damaging projectile, 2nd a projectile that hits slightly harder and aplies 1 stack of confusion, 3rd a GS-like beam that hits 3 times and hits harder the closer you are to the target, also aplies 1 stack of confusion

2nd skill (AoE) Illusionary Bullet : a huge illusionary bullet super mario-style falls from the sky, hits for some damage and aplies weakness, cripple or burn randomly

3rd skill (clone summoning) : an attack that fires 1 illusionary bullet, makes you invisible for 1 1/2 seconds and summons a clone in front of you, the clone does the 1st 2 parts of the basic chain.

what do you guys think?

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

MrMacAndCheese.3907

The mesmer only has 2 mainhand weapons: The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The sword, for close range damage. As you can see, the mesmer is obviously missing a weapon,Additionally, while the scepter is our mid-range condition damage weapon, it is completely unacceptable in its current form, and needs to be revamped.

This is just too funny. First of all, two handed weapons no longer matter? Second of all, right now I’m lvl 78 on my mesmer.

I USE SCEPTERS that I make all the time, and PVE IS NOT HARD, EVER!

Mainhand pistol would be fun, but if it’s what’s holding you back, it won’t make you any better at this point.

People say scepter sucks? maybe….but i rock it….

it’s not the game, it’s you.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

MrMacAndCheese.3907

1st skill (3 part chain): 1st a simple damaging projectile, 2nd a projectile that hits slightly harder and aplies 1 stack of confusion, 3rd a GS-like beam that hits 3 times and hits harder the closer you are to the target, also aplies 1 stack of confusion

2nd skill (AoE) Illusionary Bullet : a huge illusionary bullet super mario-style falls from the sky, hits for some damage and aplies weakness, cripple or burn randomly

3rd skill (clone summoning) : an attack that fires 1 illusionary bullet, makes you invisible for 1 1/2 seconds and summons a clone in front of you, the clone does the 1st 2 parts of the basic chain.

what do you guys think?

Wish Lists are fun, but I think energy is better spent on mastering the Skills that Exsist, as they are.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The mesmer only has 2 mainhand weapons: The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The sword, for close range damage. As you can see, the mesmer is obviously missing a weapon,Additionally, while the scepter is our mid-range condition damage weapon, it is completely unacceptable in its current form, and needs to be revamped.

This is just too funny. First of all, two handed weapons no longer matter? Second of all, right now I’m lvl 78 on my mesmer.

Mainhand pistol would be fun, but if it’s what’s holding you back, it won’t make you any better at this point.

Being level 78 on your mesmer, you will not have experienced attempting to tag mobs during DEs in orr. The best you can do is go full glass cannon and pop an iBerserker in the center of the cluster, but even that just got screwed up thanks to the most recent bug that they introduced with that phantasm.

That being said, PvE is generally easy enough that you can use whatever weaponset you choose and do quite fine. The problem is more for PvP. If you actually read my analysis, which I suspect you didn’t, you would see the obvious lack of a mid-range power based weapon. This is an issue in WvW, as many people choose to run staff for defense and large utility, and then focus for again, the enormous utility in WvW, but are left with only the scepter or sword as choices. The sword is melee, and greatly reduces your fighting capability, and the scepter is really bad in a power build.

The problems with the scepter are that the autoattack chain is unacceptably slow due to its projectile hit mechanic, and additionally that it will destroy damaging phantasms when it summons a clone. The clone summon isn’t even fast enough to be worthwhile in a shatter build, as you will having far more clones produced from dodge rolls and nearly permanent vigor uptime. Confusing images and the block are okay, but only for condition damage builds.

As for the problem being me, I happen to be highly experienced with mesmer, in almost every build possible, having done sPvP extensively, open world PvE, and dungeon PvE extensively as well. You might have noticed that I dropped a massive amount of knowledge and analysis in your other thread, and I can assure you that I am in every imaginable way better and more experienced at playing, building, and analyzing mesmer than you are.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

I’d personally rather have daggers (off and main-hand). I think they fit extremely well with the whole “Carney” theme behind the class.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Being level 78 on your mesmer, you will not have experienced attempting to tag mobs during DEs in orr.

This is how it’s always going to be, huh?

Unless I’ve been 80 for weeks and farming Orr like a bot, I have no idea what I’m talking about?

Whatever. Scepter works becuase I MAKE IT WORK!
It could be any weapon, I would make it work for me.

If you see me in Orr, farming like a chinese bot, shoot me in the head, cus farming is not a Fun Game that I would play.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Being level 78 on your mesmer, you will not have experienced attempting to tag mobs during DEs in orr.

This is how it’s always going to be, huh?

Unless I’ve been 80 for weeks and farming Orr like a bot, I have no idea what I’m talking about?

Whatever. Scepter works becuase I MAKE IT WORK!
It could be any weapon, I would make it work for me.

If you see me in Orr, farming like a chinese bot, shoot me in the head, cus farming is not a Fun Game that I would play.

Personally, I don’t farm orr at all, because I think it’s a horrible zone. However, Orr farming IS where the mesmer lack of aoe damage really takes center stage, and as a 78, you won’t have had the dubious privilege of mindless farming DEs in Orr. Mesmers again, have absolutely no problems in any other type of PvE, but where the lack of a main-hand midrange power weapon stands out like a sore thumb is in WvW, and sPvP/tPvP to a lesser extent.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

MrMacAndCheese.3907

If I want to farm for endgame gear, I’ll go back to TERA. Farming Orr is a state of mind that only belongs to people I pity. Therefore, the lack of tagging capabilities of a mesmer in Orr is…..how you say….nothing?

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

deltanium.7543

To be honest, the projectile finisher part was more akin to the support capability of the weapon set, along the line of blinding, lifestealing, regeneration, freezing or condition removal, but it is somewhat true that mesmers are essentially limited to ethereal combo fields(Unless you have a focus on offhand). Nevertheless, most pistol abilities relies on a 20%-100% projectile finisher (except the offhand engineer which shoots flames and glue wtf?). So, to conclude, to be debated, but I feel like stacking any conditions would just make the auto-attack somewhat unoriginal. I feel mesmer needs to be somewhat wacky and deceptively bluffing in its approach to combat and have some gimmicky mechanics for every situations.

Also, bear in mind that clones use this attack meaning it should have something other than raw damage. The scepter’s and greatsword’s which are shatter-fodders. However, the sword clone inflict vulnerability and removes a boon every 3 attack, making them more worthwhile in combat and the staff clone’s wind of chaos may quadruple the pain/boons.

The latter category of clones are so much more interesting than the former and, depending on the spec, even superior to their phantasmal counterparts hence why, should I have the choice, I would like to make the auto-attack worthwhile in the event mesmer could weild pistol in main hand.

As for the suppressing fire, the damage could be ramped up should the damage be dealth the same way as elementalist’s meteor, IE storm-like effect in a cone spreading. Likewise, since the projectile has a random chance to connect compared to an AoE like lava wave or chaos storm, the damage of a single projectile may be up to 1k-1,5k in a power based gear, (berserker or soldier) while slowing and weakening the ennemies in the targetted area regardless of a hit by one of the scattering projectiles. Furthermore, at point blank or against larger targets, this could result in a serious burst of damage that would make it worthwhile.

That being said, should suppressing fire be made like a spreadshot, I would ramp up the wacky factor. Instead of simply selecting a zone that would suffer the effect and a chance to hit, the zone could scale in width based on the distance between the mesmer and the targetted area. For instance, should the mesmer created a zone close to himself or herself, the spread would be, say 120 degree in front of him, creating a large crippling and weakening zone, but a low chance of hitting an ennemy in that zone. But, should the targetted area be at, say, max distance of 900 unit, the spread angle would be 30 degree of width making it alot more likely to hit a target at long range, but not as useful in the crippling/weakening department, making the hypothetical suppressing fire more versatile and not strictly overpowering.

I understand the concern of damage and would like to see bigger numbers, but as far as I am concern, big damage with no fun is not fun.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

catqeer.1954

i still think a petition might be fun

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’ll say the same as I said in another thread, basically coming down to 3 words:

Lyss and Ilya

There are 2 unique illusionary pistols in the game, but each has a distinct name. The same pistols are being used by the iDuelist. Lyss and Ilya are the 2 ‘halves’ of Lyssa (who is basically the patron goddess of Mesmers).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lyssa

So why are Mesmers not able to wield both sister weapons together?

As it is apparent that the Mesmer appears to be lacking a midrange power mainhand weapon it feels as if the developers initially intended the Mesmer to have a pistol as a mainhand weapon to begin with. But maybe they could not decide on a set of abilities that could be tied into it whilst still retaining the ‘feel’ of the Mesmer.

So I hope that someday soon they will be able to come to a satisfactory set of abilities and provide us with a pistol as a mainhand weapon.

Not sure if the rules on these forums allow for a petition though; but I’d sign it!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Forum rules don’t allow petitions unfortunately. That’s why we just have to keep a thread like this one on the front page at all times, and hope that a dev comes by within the next year or two and notices something is wrong.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

If you compare the mesmer weaponset to the other casting class, necromancer, you can clearly see that mesmer is missing a weapon. Ele’s have the capability of doing either condition damage or power damage with any weapon, so they are irrelevant for this discussion.
Necromancers have 3 mainhand weapons: The dagger, for close range damage; The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The axe, for mid-range power damage. These 3 weapons are the basic makeup of the different builds possible with a mainhand weapon.
Now you look at mesmer. The mesmer only has 2 mainhand weapons: The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The sword, for close range damage. As you can see, the mesmer is obviously missing a weapon, and this is where mainhand pistol should be introduced.

Full agree!

We need two different ranged mainhand weapons, one for condition damage, another one for power builds.

Right now we only have the scepter, which actually tries to fit both roles. The #1 autoattack only deals decent damage if you have a power build (and the clones are only useful cannon fodder for shatter , which usually also requires a power build). The #2 attack is defense/utility, doesn’t matter what stats you have. The #3 attack is only useful if you are condition spec.

I think the problem with scepter is that it tries to act as both power and condition weapon, but as a result it is an overall weak weapon in both cases.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arngrim.3786

Arngrim.3786

I want Pistol Mainhand so bad. I made a Thief using dual pistols, just cus i couldnt use it on my Mesmer. Eventually deleted the Thief cus it wasnt a Mesmer, and even with 2 guns couldnt replace the gameplay of a Mesmer.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

deltanium.7543

I’ll say the same as I said in another thread, basically coming down to 3 words:

Lyss and Ilya

There are 2 unique illusionary pistols in the game, but each has a distinct name. The same pistols are being used by the iDuelist. Lyss and Ilya are the 2 ‘halves’ of Lyssa (who is basically the patron goddess of Mesmers).

As it is apparent that the Mesmer appears to be lacking a midrange power mainhand weapon it feels as if the developers initially intended the Mesmer to have a pistol as a mainhand weapon to begin with. But maybe they could not decide on a set of abilities that could be tied into it whilst still retaining the ‘feel’ of the Mesmer.

So I hope that someday soon they will be able to come to a satisfactory set of abilities and provide us with a pistol as a mainhand weapon.

Not sure if the rules on these forums allow for a petition though; but I’d sign it!

One could argue that those pistols are also applicable to thieves whom may fall under the purview of Lyssa should they choose a path of deception and trickery. (There might be a reason for engineer, but heck if I know…)

However, since the iDuelist is wielding both of them, I would like to think that, not only Anet made those items as a reference to Lyssa, they actually are planning to add mainhand pistols as futur content update and left it there as an easter egg the same way Batman Arkham Asylum had a secret room spoiling the early design of Arkham City.

Hence why, since it might still be in development, I’m laying down some ideas, free of patent for them to rip off, should they take a look at it.

Wishful thinking… maybe…

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

I’d consider the Staff a midrange weapon, because while the ball is 1200 range, the bounce range is much shorter, and it’s the bounce that does the most of the damage. Not to mention being able to chaos storm and leap out of it point blank as well.

For the pistol, I just want one ability that curves a bullet. Just because.

And I’d have to rename/reroll my character to be her http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Reisen_Udongein_Inaba

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

I’d consider the Staff a midrange weapon, because while the ball is 1200 range, the bounce range is much shorter, and it’s the bounce that does the most of the damage.

Actually if you are running with a group (which is the way this game should be played) and there is at least one melee class around, the shorter bounce range is no longer an issue.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

catqeer.1954

MH pistols fits the themes of the mesemer…. we are duelist, illusionist, performers, and noble and somewhat high class.

I can see it now playing ether duel pistols… pistol/torch or pistol sword I also want to get the quip for my mesmer… it would be cute

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

I find that a lot of the mesmer skills seem to became a similar favour ,attack /block / clone so having something to add a bit of spice would be nice give us a weapon main hand at least with a bit of flare to go with concept the Mesmer represents a trickery flamboyant class , who plays on the enemies mind with illusions, it
Doesn’t have to be a clone of our character , I would love to see more mind games even like if we vanish our enemy hears laughter.

Main hand pistol I want a mid range aoe weapon

Skill one : single target bouncing attack , hit one target then shatters across to others prephasp a bleed , visual could be like our shatter effect

Skill two : fires multiple bullets that lands at enemys feet exploding into butterfly’s that cause weakness and aoe damage

Skill three : could shot out a clone that is like a Bomber .,lands next to enemy’s laughs then explodes after a 2 sec window causing slow

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

Lyss and Ilya

One could argue that those pistols are also applicable to thieves whom may fall under the purview of Lyssa should they choose a path of deception and trickery. (There might be a reason for engineer, but heck if I know…)

However, since the iDuelist is wielding both of them, I would like to think that, not only Anet made those items as a reference to Lyssa, they actually are planning to add mainhand pistols as futur content update and left it there as an easter egg the same way Batman Arkham Asylum had a secret room spoiling the early design of Arkham City.

Hence why, since it might still be in development, I’m laying down some ideas, free of patent for them to rip off, should they take a look at it.

Wishful thinking… maybe…

given the skin of these two guns (like you wrote, purple ether look like the guns wielded by the iDuelist and like the GS vision of the mist), it doesnt look very thievish but very mesmerish.

Whether dual guns is noble is irrelevant since a mesmer is simply a magical duelist (IMHO dual guns are more akin to street thug theme than noble), it would be nice in term of gameplay to use one as a main hand weapon especially if it had an emphasis on power attacks.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

(edited by Ceelaniri.8410)

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

catqeer.1954

i really do hope they implement main hand pistol

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I wish we had it. Lys and Ilya are made for us.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

While I have no particular opinion on how I’d like to work,
I do fully support the idea of a Main Hand pistol for Mesmer.

I’ve always felt that our options are very limited if we want to use a pistol at all.
My biggest problem with the sword/pistol playstyle is that our #1 attack isn’t ranged at all.

Even if we didn’t get the full 1200 range out of Main Hand pistol,
It’d be nice to just be able to have the option of not being right in the enemy’s face as a light armor class, without switching over the Greatswords. (I love the way GS plays, but I find myself lacking a really solid secondary weaponset to complement it)

Dragonbrand

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

SteepledHat points out my primary reason for wanting mainhand pistol Mesmer.

Lyss and Ilya are the Mesmer pistols, but they come in a pair. Sure, Lyssa is also patron of assassins/thieves, but screw them. I want illusionary pistols like my duelist.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

+1 for using dual pistols with a greatsword.

Mainhand Pistol

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat points out my primary reason for wanting mainhand pistol Mesmer.

Lyss and Ilya are the Mesmer pistols, but they come in a pair. Sure, Lyssa is also patron of assassins/thieves, but screw them. I want illusionary pistols like my duelist.

Actually, Lyssa is the patron goddess of assassins and mesmers. Goddess of beauty and illusion.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lyssa

Those pistols were made for us.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”