Making Illusions Draw Aggro in PVE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Does anyone have a good technique for transferring aggro to one’s illusions in PVE? Based on the wiki discussion of Aggro, I tried; being furthest and closest and attacking vs not attacking and allowing the clones to attack.

I consistently find enemies ignoring my illusions and zeroing in on me. I’d like to be able to redirect them to the illusions.

To my mind that seems what a Mesmer would do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

I don’t play a mesmer but i think stealth would work ? Decoy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Stealth doesn’t transfer aggro very well, neither does distance really. They’ll zero in on you again as soon as you drop out of stealth.

Mesmer clones are more for shatter fodder than meatshielding; phantasms work somewhat better for that since they do a lot more damage, but in general in open-world PvE you want to just kill stuff quick.

What level are you and what build/weapons are you using?

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Just having phantasms/clones up will be as much as you can do.

Here is a great video where the clones take a lot of aggro allowing Sandy to simply be amazing. It shows just how well having them out and getting them out constantly can work.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m running a slightly tweaked shatter build with staff and sword/ focus or sword/pistol most of the time. She spends a lot of time in WvW.

This is just an area of interest for me and it is mentioned in the Arena Net literature ( I’m not finding the reference at this moment ) that Illusions can be used to draw aggro.

I haven’t seen it work yet in actual play and wonder why.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

because like all mesmer things… they nerfed it… used to be the enemy would always go after clones first before you if there were clones avaialable… they changed that… then it used to be stealth dropped aggro entirely… they changed that too and now stealth only stalls for a few seconds then enemies instantly hate you again.

bottom line…. arena-net just doesnt like mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thomasgjkgwdn.4760

thomasgjkgwdn.4760

i’m pretty sure there’s a random component to aggro too.