Malicious sorcery and mantra charging

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m curious if anyone has ever tested whether the attack speed increase on malicious sorcery would speed up the charging time of a mantra

I guess I don’t expect it to make the healing mantra charge time, but I’m thinking something like mantra of pain is an attack

Has anyone tested this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: JMeth.8063

JMeth.8063

Malicious sorcery – Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.

What does it got to do with Mantra?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Yes, it does. It’s not enough to make mantras competitive, but it does affect them.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx Alpha. I’ve been trying to measure using the 15% currently, but I don’t have an easy way to go precisely through the videos I’ve been recording to test.

I know most people are bummed about the announcements, but the 15% attack speed buff on malicious sorcery is pretty useful for me. The scepter performs so much nicer as a weapon and getting faster casts on other skills really helps.

Since the build I’m working on right now is already in the inspiration line and using the mantra heal, I’ve been trying to work out whether adding one more mantra might help. A 2.2 second recharge on the mantra is still a long time though…

in Mesmer

JMeth.8063

Yes, it does. It’s not enough to make mantras competitive, but it does affect them.

May I know where you got that info?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

In game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

In game.

^

Testing is a wonderful thing.

in Mesmer

JMeth.8063

In game.

^

Then why didn’t the tooltip said anything about it? Honestly i think you guys are confused with This and it was removed from the game long ago. Maybe when you’re testing it, you had that trait together and assumed that Malicious was the reason behind it.

I tried testing it and i see no difference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

In game.

^

Then why didn’t the tooltip said anything about it? Honestly i think you guys are confused with This and it was removed from the game long ago. Maybe when you’re testing it, you had that trait together and assumed that Malicious was the reason behind it.

I tried testing it and i see no difference

Test better. It affects them, and it’s pretty easy to verify that. As Alpha says though, they’re still garbage utilities even with the boost to charge speed.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Just to give this some context, what I was trying to do was see if one of Pyro’s old PVE concepts could possibly fit into the new, more lethal pvp.

I have a condi shatter build I’ve been playing that I like. It has mantra for healing and harmonious mantras trait. So with the new mercenary amulet, I was wondering if mantra of pain might be something I could fit into my rotation and get a decent damage return on and another heal that was frequently available (but probably too slow to cast)

Anyway, thx again for the help

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Sorry, I mean Restorative Mantras trait – the one that heals AoE when you finish charging a mantra