Mantra Build

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: StacyBarbie.4685

StacyBarbie.4685

So Since the Mantra Pve Dungeon Build is no longer Viable…what on earth are we going to run now? I’v been messing around with the traits and I just can’t seem to think of anything!

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Drop reflect utility and do mantra 6/4/0/0/4?

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Maybe 2/4/0/4/4? This can be an option when you need reflects (assuming we figure out whether warden is reflecting from all targets properly), and then 6/4/0/0/4 for “full dps” in other situations.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Don’t forget we now can re-trait between encounters.
Why can’t we use 6/6/0/0/2 as new full dps?
It will depend on the group, but if things are dying fast I don’t think you have to go 4 in Illusions.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

Don’t forget we now can re-trait between encounters.
Why can’t we use 6/6/0/0/2 as new full dps?
It will depend on the group, but if things are dying fast I don’t think you have to go 4 in Illusions.

This was full DPS in the past, and worked well. I have a feeling that the Phantasmal Haste, if it’s really working, will be better than 2 more points in dueling, but that could be wrong. I guess you could get Duelist’s Discipline at Dueling 6 now, but that’s pretty disappointing as a grandmaster.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Phantasmal Haste is fixed for at least swordsman and warden, tested on the golems in HotM. The difference is really obvious with the warden.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

Out of curiosity, what traits do people select when going for 6 in domination? III and XI are obvious, but the last one is so… lackluster. The best one seems to be V (cripple on clone death), but that’s a huge waste in a power phantasm build. I almost prefer going 2/0/0/4/4 just because I like all the traits I select there.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

As far as I can see the only trait you can slot into master-level domination trait that does anything useful at all in PvE is the extra mind wrack damage. Not a very good trait in PvE since you don’t shatter much but seems better than the others.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

As far as I can see the only trait you can slot into master-level domination trait that does anything useful at all in PvE is the extra mind wrack damage. Not a very good trait in PvE since you don’t shatter much but seems better than the others.

I guess we can use it as a finisher when bosses are almost dead? :\

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

im going for 2/4/0/5/3

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

im going for 2/4/0/5/3

I think Phantasmal Haste is more useful than 15% phanstasm damage now that it’s fixed, especially now that the crit damage was nerf so hard.

I still wonder why they moved Empowering Mantras to Domination without it being in the patch notes…

Anyway, the standard builds now will most likely be:
Mantra build with phantasmal warden: 6/4/0/4/0
Mantra build without phantasmal warden: 6/4/0/0/4
Lupicus build to maximize feedback damage (in a group situation): 6/6/0/0/2 bye bye phase 3 skip
Full phantasm build: 2/4/0/4/4

That’s a shame we can’t have templates atm to switch build faster -.-

Anyway I’ll mostly be using the first 3 builds since Empowering Mantra is still a must reflect damage and I’ll be able to switch to Mantra of Distraction for additional Vuln on bosses.

Mantra Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Out of curiosity, what traits do people select when going for 6 in domination? III and XI are obvious, but the last one is so… lackluster. The best one seems to be V (cripple on clone death), but that’s a huge waste in a power phantasm build. I almost prefer going 2/0/0/4/4 just because I like all the traits I select there.

I usually take halting strike for extra dmg on interrupts. you could also take vulnerability on shatter. both traits are pretty weak though, but there is no better option >.> (except for GS trait if you have to range something)

edit: signet recharge is okay too if you use inspiration signet, when pug group doesn’t stack might

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)