Mantra Update

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Just FYI

Firebrand tooltips on Reddit suggest new mantra mechanic.

1) Long initial cast
2) Stores charges as normal
3) Final charge is more effective
4) So long as final charge is not spent, mantra will continue regaining charges on an interval

Edit: Dunno whether this is Firebrand only or all mantras.

(edited by Allarius.5670)

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Just FYI

Firebrand tooltips on Reddit suggest new mantra mechanic.

1) Long initial cast
2) Stores charges as normal
3) Final charge is more effective
4) So long as final charge is not spent, mantra will continue regaining charges on an interval

Edit: Dunno whether this is Firebrand only or all mantras.

I hope that’s all mantras… that would make mantras actually worth using again…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tayna.2419

Tayna.2419

I think in the balance update before last the devs said they wanted to improve Mantras.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I think regaining charges will be a universal mantra change, but the final charge mechanic might be Firebrand exclusive, like Wells worked for chrono.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I think in the balance update before last the devs said they wanted to improve Mantras.

This, plus since a lot of other base and new elite spec skills have this building up charges mechanics, Mantras need a rework. Unfortunatly this looks like they will still be terrible.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Looking at the firebrand mantras they also have a really long recharge, the heal mantra is 30s CD! The heals from it also aren’t that good either especially compared to mantra of recovery, we’ll see how it is in the beta but if it doesn’t gain charges or the CD recharges while it’s channeled then it’s going to be a worse heal than anything else guards have. Not by a little but by a mile and I am even counting racial heals and that weird meditation heal.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

I’m on my phone right now so i cannot prove it but I’ve taken a screenshot (from wp or peachy) that shows mantra of resolve’s tooltip.
It seems to grant resistente and cleanse 3 condis instead.
I’ll post the screenshot later.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

There should be one more balance update before expansion. Maybe then we will get some answers.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

There should be one more balance update before expansion. Maybe then we will get some answers.

Most likely one next week, I imagine that will be the last before expansion and it looks like it will be rather large.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

pico.6402

Yep, specialy that there are many new tooltip icons and descriptions

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Ah found it.
Screen
Source

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Small tweaks to mantras is going to increase its use, because it is fundamentally a crap mechanic.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Ty for the screenshot Me games ma. I suspected that was happening when I saw all the other charge skill mechanics but wasn’t sure. We’ll have to wait and see how the balance patch hits the 2 mantra traits that Mesmer has but it looks really promising.

So MoR is either blow both charges and have to wait 12 seconds +2.25 second cast time to get 2 stacks and bonus resistance
Or…
Wait 24 seconds for a 2nd charge to come back.

This basically solves a huge problem for PvP mesmers with mantras. Fight ends and I have 1 charge left. Do I blow it and wait for a full recharge while maybe getting caught with my pants down? Or go into a fight half kittened? Now you wait 24 seconds for MoR to go back to 2 stacks.

I’m assuming MoP for example will have a much shorter charge back than 24 seconds. So power mesmer can spam MoP regardless of base mesmer, chrono or mirage. MoD is a nice buff for all mesmer builds potentially. This and sword or ambush skills could make power mirage ok.

Small tweaks to mantras is going to increase its use, because it is fundamentally a crap mechanic.

This isn’t a small tweak. It’s a fundamental rework in it’s functionality.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

And mantra of resolve got buffed to 3 condition cleansed?

This will be a good skill to take for mesmers who don’t take inspiration.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

And mantra of resolve got buffed to 3 condition cleansed?

This will be a good skill to take for mesmers who don’t take inspiration.

So… what about Menders Purity? Cast a “Lesser Mantra of Resolve”? I doubt they will buff it up to 3 conditions cleansed. It’s already way too convenient.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Looking at Mantra resolve and Guardian’s Mantras it looks like Gaurdians have a smaller charge time for the charges but a longer cooldown and the final charge is more powerful whereas Mesmers have a longer charge time for the charges but a smaller cooldown and an added effect on the first 2 1/2 second cast.

So Guards have to think about if they want to use their big attack and suffer a longer cooldown or not whereas Mesmers are still supposed to spam through them. As the problem with Mantras is the big cast time looks like they are still going to be terrible, especially Mesmer’s.

If you want resistance you want it now, not in 2 1/2 seconds.

Mantra Update

in Mesmer

pico.6402

It say’s " when fully charger" do maybe it will trigger when the charger will refille…