Mantra of Concentration wants love!

in Mesmer

Posted by: tappajabob.5983

tappajabob.5983

Hi!

I want to use Mantra of Concentration in wvw to give stability to allies. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Concentration

However I have 3 problems:

1. It has small radius of 240. Often I end up giving stability to only 1 dude as opposed to 5. For example guardian’s shouts have radius of 600.
  2. The cooldown is kinda long. After I have charged the skill I can use it 2 or times with 2s between uses. Then I have to charge it again and cooldown is 25s.
  3. Cooldown starts when stacks are used up, not when the “recharging skill” is used.

I am hoping that one day the skill would be made better for group play. For example it would be nice to see radius increased to 600 and cooldown reduced to 20 seconds or cooldown start point changed to “end of recharge” instead of “last charge used”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I saw your post in the WvW forum and I agree with the basis. However, I am not sure the mesmer would be good frontline material anyway considering the ridiculously low damage we have and the fairly limited support we can provide (which is anyway mostly area of effect, and not adapted to moving groups).

Concerning the mantra itself, the high cooldown is probably because it is potentially 3 stunbreaks, the stability being almost a side-feature. I think it is safe to say that this is a skill which sees little use currently, but this is in great parts related to the overall clunkiness of mantras.

One suggestion that I have seen (from Curunen if I remember well) and really liked was a change of Bountiful disillusionment to have AOE stability granted on F3. This, added to a more mobile support elite specialization (with shouts for example) could be an answer on the mesmer side to your request to diversify the frontline and have an alternative to guardian as its core element.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Mantras in general are flawed because of the cd. I’d like to have them charge themselves and have like an “ammo” system. That’d make them much better to begin with. Adapting traits ofc.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

Is anyone else’s OCD kicking in seeing Mantra of Concentration’s charging CD at 25s compared to Distraction and Resolve’s 20?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Stand your Ground is 30s cooldown?

Concentration just needs the radius buff and it’d be great
cooldown is fine

as said, it’s a possible 3 stunbreaks and 3 separate, short cooldown pulses of 3 stacks of stability, it’s like a mini-stand your ground
which is really good, especially with boon duration
i run frontline boonshare, and while there could very well be “better options” than bringing a beefed up mesmer with no damage or blast finishers into a frontline, it’s still a lot of fun to play and still brings a “banner” (illusion of life is really good for simple slip-ups, if you run with good players), boon strip from sword autos or null field, and gravity well
your damage suffers, sure, it pales in comparison to a frontline guardian or something, but giving frontline reapers 20+ seconds of quickness every 30 seconds is absolutely terrifying

as for mantras in general, everyone (who were mesmers) absolutely LOVED the “bug” that made them begin their recharge after they were charged, but it proved to be too powerful, especially the healing one, making every mesmer almost god mode

(edited by Alpha.1308)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Mantra of Concentration is my first choice on Mesmer for (forced) underwater combat in WvW where you can be CC’d for days – by Eles in particular. It has saved me so many times now that I simply can’t live without it…for underwater combat only.

I’m totally up for some buffs for it though. I was hoping that at some point it would be a group stun breaker but that seems unlikely now. If anything, they should reduce the cooldown between Power Break use. You should be able to stack stability for a short time on yourself if you so desire. Radius increase would also be nice.

Gandara