Mantras ;o

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They start recharging after you’ve channeled them. Is this new? I can chain mantra of recovery now.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah it’s amazing!

Best change ever. I still can’t believe it.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

inb4 mantra of recovery cooldown nerf – you can essentially spam the heal continuously with a few seconds in between each activation – nevermind the restorative mantras trait…

Only downside is RSI on your heal finger. :p

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Passive recharging is something Mantras have needed for awhile. Can they still be manually charged?

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Only downside is RSI on your heal finger. :p

Just set it for auto attack.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Passive recharging is something Mantras have needed for awhile. Can they still be manually charged?

You still have to manually charge them – they only cooldown in the background after having been charged.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Ooh I see. The CD on recharging the Mantras cools down in the background (ie 10s between MoRecovery). I had the false hope that they passively regained charges.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Ooh I see. The CD on recharging the Mantras cools down in the background (ie 10s between MoRecovery). I had the false hope that they passively regained charges.

It’s still amazing with restorative mantras because pretty much by the time you’re done using two charges (given you will be using other skills in between as well) you can recharge again and heal yourself. I haven’t tried it with harmonious mantras yet but…

I think this might mean full mantra builds might be pretty decent now, although still mechanically difficult.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Doubtful that this was intended. I think some Dev misread the note telling him to make Mantras recharge passively, and he worked on the wrong part of that. ;-)

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

No, it seems working like intended because the whole point of mantras was that you get very low cooldowns in exchange for the cost of having a cast time that doesn’t let you do anything in the meantime.

It’s a very nice change for PvE and I hope duelists complaining about PU mesmers using it don’t get the heal gutted for everybody else. PvP always has the effect of ruining it for other people.

Besides, this change makes the mantra heal actually competitive as every mesmer was using ether feast or signet of illusions. And in spvp I still doubt mesmers will be using this heal as thieves got even more buffed and they will headshot interrupt your mantra cast all day all night.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Is this in the patch notes? Sounds almost too good to be true. This means if you space out your uses you never actually experience the cd, just the charge time. To be honest this is actually totally balanced, just so gigantic an improvement form the horrible way they have been that I doubt it’s real.

Perhaps though they did this because another class is getting mantras for their elite specialization and Anet realized they had to make the functionality not garbage.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Is this in the patch notes?

It’s an undocumented change.

Perhaps though they did this because another class is getting mantras for their elite specialization and Anet realized they had to make the functionality not garbage.

Cynicism FTW. I’m betting Thief gets the Mantras.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

The Mantras are amazing now and imho the single most amazing change for Mesmers

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I’m speechless.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flow.2947

Flow.2947

Logged in had my mantra build on and booom i can beat everything now. Nah thief still hardcounter especial sword pistol ones! Knight gear and melee mesmer is born. Perma protection group shared boons, stability.

Its awsome you finally have a active play thx thx thx

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Oh, yeah, in case anyone didn’t notice, the tooltip on Mantra of Concentration is wrong. Actually gives 5 stacks of Stability, not 3.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Oh, yeah, in case anyone didn’t notice, the tooltip on Mantra of Concentration is wrong. Actually gives 5 stacks of Stability, not 3.

ye, still 2s uptime sucks

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Na, it’s a mantra – it’s for the momentum, we aren’t guardians

Personally I think this is either a bug or a huge hidden buff wich I think it isn’t

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Waitt how does his work? Does it only work in combat?
I tried it multiple times and nothing happens. Even though it seems to randomly happen sometimes when in combat.

This could be really useful to keep up the mantra damage trait.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Basically, the cooldown starts counting when you finish charging the mantra, instead than when you use the last charge. If you charge the mantra, wait for a few seconds and burn the charges, the mantra will be ready to charge again.
Very nice change that works well with Restorative Mantras.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I can’t see such a change being anything else than a bug…
This would be too amazing not to be documented in the first place.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

This surely has to be an intended change, to make it easier to maintain Mantra Strength stacks. Wasn’t that everyone’s big concern before? That you’d have to burn your precious mantra charges to maintain the damage bonus? This change ties directly into allowing us to do that more easily.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It’s definitly a bug :P

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

It’s definitely not. See, I can make baseless assertions too.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

No, Xyonon makes a good point. It’s something nice that Mesmers got, so clearly it must be a bug that will be hotfixed out shortly.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Considering the wind up time to use it, it makes sense for it to NOT be a bug. Otherwise, whoever unfortunately gets stuck with Mantras in their Elite Spec will just throw them aside.

Mantras ;o

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

consider that our mantras didn’t have the cooldown reduced and we lost the cooldown reduction trait: I think this solution is what ANet (shall we say Robert?) devised to make up for it

and it’s great!