Mass invisibility seems outdated

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

i kinda feel like mass invisibility was created at the start of guild wars to be a unique, cool thing to be used in dungeons, etc, but now with all the stealth and stuff floating around, it isn’t really unique or interesting anymore. stealth gyro esp makes it look kinda awkward or old fashioned.

proposed updates:

-lengthen the time

OR

-ignore reveal

AND

cut down on that cast time. instantaneous would be really fun and not that OP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh, this is PvE related.

Nothing to see here, move alone.

P.s. Equip Time Warp or Gravity Well. I hear Moa is good on breakbars.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

mass invis > stealth gyro

kappa

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Stealth allies while revealing foes.

I want to believe

25/90 never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Galneryus.8372

Galneryus.8372

Mass invisibility+portal+mimic+well of precognition*2=WvW massacre

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

It’s still kitten good in wvw and also in pvp for stopping stomps (when interrupts won’t work), allowing resses and so on.

The only reason I don’t currently use it is because I need the damage that Gravity Well provides.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Aw c’mon guys. How do you think we thieves feel about all this stealth nonsense and seeing it even on guardians ._.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My main point of disappointment is in name vs functionality:

Mass Invisibility.
Cloaks 10 targets.

Eh?

I was expecting it to cloak everyone in a 1200 radius around me. Because that’d be pretty slick.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Aw c’mon guys. How do you think we thieves feel about all this stealth nonsense and seeing it even on guardians ._.

The difference would be that Shadow Refuge is quite useful in PvE. Mass Invis can be, but feels clunky as hell, and ofc there’s the PU issue.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t agree with the OP either but it’s mainly because I think stealth in this game is very poorly implemented.

in Mesmer

Posted by: marcowhat.9527

marcowhat.9527

-lengthen the time

Continuum Split, do i need to say more?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I definitely think this is the absolute worst choice in a pvp conquest scenario. I don’t play conquest, but I could see PU being of use here perhaps?

I haven’t given it much thought, but I definitely think this elite is severely outmatched by the likes of Gravity Well / Time Warp / Moa in conquest.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

The only reason MI saw use before is because Mesmers lacked a generally useful Elite, and MI was the closest. It is in fact quite weak as Elites go, and now that Gravity Well is in the picture MI has been thrown into the gutter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You know I once had the idea of getting 10 (2 parties of 5) mesmers running PU with MI and running around WvW with 20 supply each completely invisible. You would be able to get all the way to the furthest away towers and get enough superior Rams up and the gates down quick enough to flip even the most upgraded tower.

Still possible at a 7.5s duration and trained 72s cool down, food for thought maybe to the OMFG WvW =P

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

People also used to fantasise about Mesmer Portal highways and recursive Signet of Inspiration boon sharing. Turns out trying to get a bunch of Mesmers to synchronise is harder than herding cats.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

People also used to fantasise about Mesmer Portal highways and recursive Signet of Inspiration boon sharing. Turns out trying to get a bunch of Mesmers to synchronise is harder than herding cats.

Just need practice and good comms. We did triple portal supply run back/forth for gate repair. You can see in the mini map we almost caught up to the commander when he was running uphill on our way down.

You know I once had the idea of getting 10 (2 parties of 5) mesmers running PU with MI and running around WvW with 20 supply each completely invisible. You would be able to get all the way to the furthest away towers and get enough superior Rams up and the gates down quick enough to flip even the most upgraded tower.

Still possible at a 7.5s duration and trained 72s cool down, food for thought maybe to the OMFG WvW =P

We did that before with 3 Mesmers back when PU was +100% stealth duration. With the right rotation it’s possible to get 100% stealth. We could run around the entire EB map completely stealthed, even do Dolyak kill runs completely stleathed with pure phantasms and avoiding auto-attacking, can take a supply camp completely stealthed as well. Harass and cripple entire groups with random GS#4 phantasms popping up out of no where with no players around (in enemy’s perspective). Good times.

(edited by mambastik.8735)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I used to beleve MI is weak too, yet it’s totally fine in pvp, and in pve it’s just not our job to also give a very long stealth. Yet it’s still fine for granting 15 sec stealth tough.

The only thing that could be buffed IF you want to see it buffed is a lower cd.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I don’t think I’ve seen any Mesmer run MI anymore (unless, I suppose, they don’t have HoT). The only reason it was “fine” before is because there wasn’t a general-use Elite, now we have Gravity Well.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I used to beleve MI is weak too, yet it’s totally fine in pvp, and in pve it’s just not our job to also give a very long stealth. Yet it’s still fine for granting 15 sec stealth tough.

You pretty much mention the problem there: It feels we’re entirely balanced around Continuum Split now.

None of our abilities feel powerful enough to be useful with 50% less usage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

You pretty much mention the problem there: It feels we’re entirely balanced around Continuum Split now.

None of our abilities feel powerful enough to be useful with 50% less usage.

Yet we have CS always rdy when we want in pve, since we can estimate the future. In pvp, the skill is stronger anyway and there we have to be flexible and adapt to what’s happening right away. I see no problem in that at all, rather surprisingly excellent balance.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Why would Anet balance non-HoT content? It doesn’t make them any money.